Sachin Tendulkar sells his Ferrari to Surat businessman

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Sachin does good business with ethics?

He creates jobs?
In fact, the Godmen should come under the scanner as should such acclaimed people and their legacy like Mother Teresa and the Saudi money through hawala to the madrassas.

Religion and quasi religion is the best way to avoid the IT scanner!

I am reminded of Satyajit Ray's film where some Godman fooled the people.
How would I know...You told only that he rent his cars...His brother looks after the business...Atleast some drivers get jobs.. :D

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Why do not you type 'SWachin Tendulkar Charity Work' and search in google....

Rahul M

He got the car ages back. Customs issue I think was settled back then. He does not have to pay any tax.

What I can't understand is why he sold his prized possession? What made him do so? I don't think it was for money.
free garage space ? :becky:
It is for money.

Sachin is not known for philanthropy with his own hard earned money
. Ray sir, it is correct he is not known for philanthrophy, that's because he doesn't like to highlight these things. people in certain sections of mumbai society (cricket circles & others) are aware that he donates heavily to charity.

I respect him all the more because he does not make a song and dance about what a great philanthrophist he is (as against say, a bill gates)

JAISWAL

Superbat Sachin Tendulkar gets Nissan GT-R Supercar - The Economic Times
Superbat Sachin Tendulkar gets Nissan GT-R Supercar

away with the "prancing horse", batting maestro
Sachin Tendulkar has driven in a new one - a red
Nissan GT-R Supercar .
The 530 horse-powered, twin turbo, four-wheel
drive which costs $87,000 (Rs 4 crore approx)
was delivered to Tendulkar at his La Mer
residence in Bandra a fortnight ago. "Two top
engineers were flown in from Dubai along with
the car so that it could be tuned in to the
cricketing maestro's preference," a source from
Arabian Automobiles in Dubai, from where the
car was bought, told TOI.
Confirming the news, a close friend of the batting
ace said, "Sachin is delighted with the arrival of
his new car." Commenting on the decision to sell
the Ferrari, the pal said, "It was tough for him to
ensure that the car maintained its minimum run
on Mumbai's roads. Also, he could not get out on
the roads because people would easily identify
the car. It wasn't used much for the same
reason."
The addition of the Nissan will take Tendulkar's
car rally to four - he already has 2 BMWs and a
Skoda.
For a person who is regarded as the finest

JAISWAL

Manufacturer- Nissan

Production- Q4 2007–present

Assembly -Tochigi, Tochigi, Japan

Predecessor- Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34)

Class- Sports car

Body style- 2-door coupé
Layout - Front engine, all-wheel drive

Platform - Premium Midship

Engine - 3.8L VR38DETT twin-turbo V6

Transmission - 6-speed semi-automatic dual clutch transmission

Wheelbase - 2,780 mm (109.4 in)

Length - 4,655 mm (183.3 in)
Width - 1,895 mm (74.6 in)
Height - 1,370 mm (53.9 in)

Curb weight - 1,740 kg (3,800 lb)

Designer- Kazutoshi Mizuno

JAISWAL

its engine pics.

Its rear part pics

Last edited:

sandeepdg

"$87,000 (Rs 4 crore approx)" ? LOL, some people just don't know their math ! Actually, a Skyline GTR top end model would cost something between 80 lacs to 1 crore in India.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
it is correct he is not known for philanthrophy, that's because he doesn't like to highlight these things. people in certain sections of mumbai society (cricket circles & others) are aware that he donates heavily to charity.

I respect him all the more because he does not make a song and dance about what a great philanthrophist he is (as against say, a bill gates)
If Sachin donated heavily to charity and people in certain sections of mumbai society (cricket circles & others) are aware that he donates heavily to charity, it is surprising that in a gossip loving town like Bombay and with an overactive media such a thing can remain out of the public domain, when there are many who love and respect him and for whom it is a matter of life and death to know if he had dyspepsia or a mere stomach rumble.

If, inspite of the gossip loving Mumbai and its sensation loving media, he has kept his heavy donating for charity activities silent (except for the cricket circle and others sworn by Omerta), then he has got the honorary rank in the wrong Defence service. He should have given the Honorary Rank, not in the IAF since they soar, but in the Navy and that too, in the Submarine Arm because their motto is - Run Silent, Run Deep!

Bill Gates does not do a song and a dance with his Charity. His charity is of such a mega size that it cannot be hidden since it shines like a Star for all to see and the media hardly can stop drooling over them!

Even for charity, size matters!

Giving alms to beggars at the traffic light is also charity.

ganesh177

Country flag
After selling his ferrari, today i read in local newspaper he is taking loan to buy a flat of 25 lacs for his son.

Rahul M

Ray sir, it's not exactly a secret (which is how I know), you will find references in the media off and on.
see for example,
BBC SPORT | Cricket | Tendulkar: Fame & Family gulu ezekiel is one of India's most well regarded sports journalist.
When was the last time you saw even a photo of Tendulkar at a charity function? And yet, he gives his spare time unstintingly.

Journalist Joe Hoover knows this hidden side of Tendulkar well.

Sports Editor of Deccan Herald (Bangalore), Hoover has organised numerous charity auctions and functions where Tendulkar is the star attraction.

Tendulkar has collected many trophies during his career
Man of the Series against England last year

"He is so approachable and he never says no," Hoover told me.

"He doesn't need the publicity because unlike some other sportspersons, he sees no need to use these acts to improve his image."

Hoover recalled an incident in Pakistan in 1997 when he called Tendulkar in his hotel room and asked him if he could give some signed bats for a charity auction.

"Within minutes he was on the phone, informing his bat manufacturers in Meerut to send over a dozen to New Delhi for this purpose."
Tendulkar to double educational charity: Cricket Next
Sachin Tendulkar on Wednesday said he will sponsor the education of 200 children, who are part of a Non-Governmental Organisation.

The batting maestro, who is already looking after welfare of 200 children from the same NGO Apnalaya, said he always looked up to his father in trying to understand his social responsibilities.
this is only what has come out in the last 3-4 years. however, it has been kind of an open secret since the mid 90's. everyone knew but no one in the media would write about it since sachin didn't want the publicity and most of these journalists valued the relation with him. it's not that hard to suppress information if you have friends in the media. ;)
sachin would help any ex cricketer down on his luck (mumbai had a ton of those) and he also helps upcoming cricketers from poor background with cricket kit. the fact that he gives time to these events time and again speaks a lot about his character, given his calendar.

Mack Man

Hi friends "I KNOW THE ENTIRE STORY" WE KEEP TRACK OF SUPER CARS IN INDIA THIS MY TRADE THE F360 DOES NOT SELL, THE F360 MODENA POOREST RESALE FERRARI IN THE WORLD FOR MANY REASONS, i think before Sachin ji sold his F360 coupe he had problems in selling it , well it was a gift and seling a gift in India is tough the duty comes in to place but since sachin was exempted of duty the snag in selling the F360 was tough the car was in the market for a while, these days that shape Ferrari has no buyers one last production Spyder F360 2005year was sold by one owner to his friend at just 65lacks , F360 modena has no market, what sells is older models than F360 or later than F360 modena, currently i know of a 2005year F360 coupe yellow for sale at 85lacks and for Example i sold a F355 a 1996year long ago at xyz price today that owner wants for his 1996 ferrari 1.25cr , this market of super cars is very tricky

Global Defence

New threads

Articles