Sachin Tendulkar retires from One Day Internationals

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
NEW DELHI: Former India captain-Sunil Gavaskar-says consistent criticism might have played a part in influencing Sachin Tendulkar's decision to quit one-day cricket and it would have been fantastic had he gone after completing 50 ODI centuries.Profile:-Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar-|-In Pics:-Sachin's one-day journeyTendulkar-had been struggling for runs for quite some time, leading to debates how long he should continue playing and on Sunday he announced that he will no longer play ODIs."I think he really cares for Indian cricket. May be whatever he saw, read and heard might have prompted him to make a call. But I feel, he knows his body well," Gavaskar said."He is finishing on 49 ODI hundreds. I would have loved to see him get 50 centuries. That would have been fantastic," Gavaskar said.On being asked that quitting ODI format would at least give Tendulkar a chance to play 200 Tests, Gavaskar said it should not be looked that way."We are looking too far ahead. If he plays the next four Tests, that will take him to 198 and the next two tests will be later in the next year. It's almost a year down the road."Gavaskar also said that since Tendulkar had already cut down on his appearance in ODIs, people are used to his absence but still losing him is a big loss."I think the public, the team, the captain and the selectors are used to not seeing Tendulkar around in ODIs but the fact that he is not there is a big loss," Gavaskar said.Asked if it was Tendulkar, the batsman or Tendulkar the fielder who has taken the retirement call, Gavaskar said, "It's Tendulkar the cricketer.""Officially he may have announced it today but mentally, he might have done in March after the Asia Cup."For Gavaskar, the hurricane knock that Tendulkar played against Australia in Sharjah was his best."It has to be the Sharjah one when India had to qualify for the final and not only India need to win the match but score certain runs in certain overs. That was when the real pressure was," Gavaskar said.Tendulkar had made 143 off 131 balls with nine fours and five sixes in April 1998.Gavaskar also felt that it would be World Cup win that Tendulkar would cherish the most in his life."It's always going to be the World Cup win. There may be many personal achievements but it's entirely different feeling.For me also the 1983 World Cup win is the greatest moment of my career. I did not contribute much and it felt on top of the world and Tendulkar did contribute. It has to be right up there," he said.

Criticism may have played part in Sachin Tendulkar's retirement: Gavaskar - The Times of India

trackwhack

Thanks Sachin. You showed me that nice guys can take on thugs and still win. Will miss you in blue. Hope to see you make a stand against the pukes in tests.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
"When Sachin Tendulkar travelled to Pakistan to face one of the finest bowling attacks ever assembled in cricket, Michael Schumacher was yet to race a F1 car, Lance Armstrong had never been to the Tour de France, Diego Maradona was still the captain of a world champion Argentina team, Pete Sampras had never won a Grand Slam. When Tendulkar embarked on a glorious career taming Imran and company, Roger Federer was a name unheard of; Lionel Messi was in his nappies, Usain Bolt was an unknown kid in the Jamaican backwaters. The Berlin Wall was still intact, USSR was one big, big country, Dr Manmohan Singh was yet to "open" the Nehruvian economy. It seems while Time was having his toll on every individual on the face of this planet, he excused one man. Time stands frozen in front of Sachin Tendulkar. We have had champions, we have had legends, but we have never had another Sachin Tendulkar and we never will."

- TIME MAGAZINE

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I'll be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six. He was unstoppable. I don't think anyone, apart from Don Bradman, is in the same class as Sachin Tendulkar. He is just an amazing player.

- Shane Warne

I have seen God, he bats at no. 4 for India.

- Matthew Hayden

I think he's marvellous. I think he will fit in whatever category of cricket that's been played or will be played, from the first ball that's ever been bowled to the last ball that's going to be. He can play in any era and at any level... What he looks to do first is to attack.

If it's not there in the groove he waits for the line and defends. Most of the time batsmen, just because it could be a fearsome fast bowler they are facing, tend to defend. But Sachin's always ready. He's always in a position to take advantage of loose balls... He has something special. He's blessed. I would say he's
99.5 per cent perfect... Even if he retires tomorrow and doesn't achieve anything more he is right there.

I have never seen Bradman but heard people talk about him. But I tell you what, if Bradman could bat like this man does then he was dynamite. Players like Sachin deserve to be preserved in cotton wool.

- Viv Richards

And one of my favorite -

"Tujhe pata hai tune kiska catch chhoda hai?"

- Wasim Akram to Abdul Razzaq when the latter dropped Sachin's catch in 2003 world cup. :D

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Good for Sachin.

He also gave away a shawl that was presented to him.

All said and done, I am very unhappy that a LEGEND has to go away on the day when the team is announced against Pakistan and before the team was announced, Sandip Patil and Roger Binny were said to have had parleys with Tendulkar.

Too much of a coincidence for me to reconcile with.

He should have left with all guns blazing and not this way.

I find it very disconcerting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovely

He has scored 40% more internation tons then the next best ponting and 63% more then the second next best Kallis.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I don't think he will play for 2-3 years of tests now. I think he will sign off with the series against Australia. It would be great if he signs off with a triple ton against his favorite whipping team

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The debate over whether Tendulkar should retire provides us a perspective into our collective psyche. How dare he fail after we have worshipped him for 23 years?Five months before the English cricket team began its tour of India, triggering a passionate debate on whether Sachin Tendulkar should retire from international cricket, the batting maestro was in Herzogenaurach, Germany, where the Adidas headquarters are located. The Germans were astonished at the reception Tendulkar received: a few hundred Indians gathered at the headquarters, lustily cheered and screamed at his sight, and jostled to touch or have him sign their autograph books. One Adidas executive remarked to a journalist, "Even Lionel Messi did not receive such a reception. " The dwarfing of Messi for a soccer-crazy nation seemed inexplicably mysterious.-Obviously, the German executive did not know that deification is embedded deep into the Indian psyche. Remember the bewildering pantheon of gods we Indians worship. Recall our propensity to turn the cremation sites and residences of mortals, extraordinary though their achievements are, into monuments and museums. From gods we ultimately become a tad alienated as our supplications do not lead to divine intercession, goading us to shout Jim Morrison style, "You cannot petition the Lord with prayer. "-From the Invisible we can only turn away, but our disappointment with the flesh-and-blood gods provokes us to acts of vengeance. It is we who assassinated Mahatma Gandhi. We mock Jawaharlal Nehru, pummelling him more now than what we did in his life, dismissing him as a woolly-headed idealist who wanted to keep India non-aligned and insisted on the state occupying the commanding heights of economy. We have belatedly begun to herald BR Ambedkar's contribution to the framing of the Indian Constitution but have no qualms in breaking his statues.-It is this national trait of deification which has turned Tendulkar the cricketing genius into Tendulkar the god of cricket. How dare he fail after we have worshipped him for 23 years, pinned our hope on him for India's redemption on the cricket ground, bought goods he advertised and sent our children to coaching camps! It is galling that his failure has coincided with India's precipitous decline in Test cricket. Aren't gods supposed to magically help us overcome seemingly insurmountable odds, which perhaps are consequences of tamasha cricket aka T20 cricket?-No doubt, unharnessed popular expectations mounted tremendous pressure on Tendulkar. What else can explain the sudden dip in form as soon as he reached his 99th international century? Till then, he had been in fine fettle, batting with aplomb and scoring centuries as frequently as only he can. Thereafter, in 17 Tests he managed 953 runs, at an average of 31. 76;in ODIs, he managed 473 in 14 outings, at an average of 33. 78. On reaching his 100th international century against Bangladesh, Tendulkar said, "I was not thinking about the milestone, the media started all this, wherever I went, the restaurant, room service, everyone was talking about the 100th hundred. Nobody talked about my 99 hundreds. It became mentally tough for me..." Indeed, there couldn't be a more apt example of how deification unravels gods.-The debate over whether Tendulkar should retire provides us a perspective into our collective psyche as much as it has diminished his chances of, yet again, rediscovering his old form. What explains our national trait of creating idols of our heroes? In some ways, it is redolent of the feudal mindset, from which we believed we had emerged. The personality of the feudal lord was infused with charisma that made his subjects consider him worthy of unquestioning adulation. It was/is an important factor why many erstwhile royalties were/are elected to Parliament. The subcontinent is the land where charisma reigns - the Nehru-Gandhis are supreme in India, as are the Bhuttos and Sharifs in Pakistan, the Wajeds and Zias in Bangladesh and, to some extent, the Koiralas in Nepal.-Worship presumes accepting your own inferiority in relation to those who boast of seemingly exalted lineages or, as in the case of Tendulkar, are prodigiously talented. From them, we feel, flow our blessings, whether in politics or cricket. We prescribe a different set of rules for them. We wish to exempt Tendulkar from the mandatory duty on the car he wants to import. We nominate him to the Rajya Sabha, knowing he won't have the time to attend its proceedings. Not for us a culture, say, that of Germany, which incarcerated tennis star Steffi Graf's father for violation of tax laws. Our inferiority stems from the pervasive caste codes which have taught us to accept the inequality inherent in the social system.-Place the national psychology and Tendulkar's breathtaking talent against the backdrop of political ambience of the 1980s, in which he made his debut, and you will understand why he was turned into a national icon. The 1980s was the decade of pessimism. There had been a succession of grisly communal riots - Moradabad, Bhagalpur, the Nelli massacre etc. In 1984, the assassination of Indira Gandhi sparked off a veritable slaughter of Sikhs, prompting an organisation to print a poster with the photos of Kapil Dev (Hindu), Mohd Azharuddin (Muslim), Roger Binny (Christian) and Maninder Singh (Sikh) with a caption declaring, "If we can play together, we can live together. " In 1989, the Bharatiya Janata Party initiated the Ram Janambhoomi movement, bringing consecrated bricks from different parts of the country to Ayodhya. The nation was pushed to the edge.-It was also in December 1989 that Sachin Tendulkar, a callow 16-year-old, stepped out on Pakistani soil to make his debut, against the fury of their fast bowlers. In the fourth Test of his life he was struck on the nose. Blood gushed out but he refused to leave the field. The picture of that moment was there in every newspaper;he went on to score 57. A dream had been born, of talent and aspiration.-It was to take another three-four years for the dream to truly develop wings and soar high. By then, the Babri Masjid had been demolished and Mandal and Mandir politics had bitterly divided the nation. In this gloomy scenario Tendulkar became the symbol of national unity, his majestic wielding of the bat papering, however ephemerally, over all social schisms. He was also our only popular entertainment, as the culture of VCR was gradually squeezing the life out of Bollywood until the multiplex-driven renaissance resuscitated the cinema from its death throes. We made him a national icon because of our own compulsions, and laid out different yardsticks for him.-Forgetting our own connivance in turning Tendulkar into a god, we have triggered a debate not only graceless but also deeply insulting to our own memory of pure bliss he brought to us. As a people we are notoriously fickle. We hailed Indira Gandhi as an incarnate of Durga and then pelted stones at her, only to vote her back to power three years later. Likewise, we mounted such pressure on Tendulkar at the time he was a century away from his 100th ton that his batting prowess diminished overnight, as if some celestial being wished to punish us for our pathological obsession with milestones.-Yet a question remains: why didn't the crossing of the 100th-century milestone relieve the pressure on Tendulkar ? Alas, as any psychologist would tell you, it is difficult for a person to rediscover the earlier state of serenity once his mind learns fear and anxiety. Such foibles are habit-forming. This malaise had afflicted him earlier as well. Tendulkar took as many as eight Tests and a string of poor scores - 2, 8, 1, 8, 2, 5, 55, 3, 20, 32* - to equal Sunil Gavaskar's 34 centuries, then the world record. He took eight more innings to reset the record and another 18 innings to score his 36th ton. That malaise has now returned on a more tragic scale.-Perhaps he now finds difficult to overcome his mind because he lacks the resilience of the young. The biological change is often sudden - for instance, many 40 year olds suddenly discover one day that they need to hold the newspaper closer to their eyes to read it. It's the body's signal to have reading glasses prescribed. Tendulkar's cheap dismissals are time's intimation to him of his ageing body and slower reflexes.-Perhaps he still believes he has the capacity to adjust to the gradual withering away of his powers. Or perhaps he can't retire because, as some allege, the business model built around him would collapse. But give Tendulkar a few more Tests to know whether or not his form has deserted him permanently. Let Tendulkar bat without the fear that he might be asked to leave without a delectable swansong. Should such an innings prove elusive, he won't potter around, for the structure of sports can't sustain a cricketing equivalent of Dev Anand, who continued to produce films for the love of it even though no one watched them. We owe this much to Tendulkar, for bringing light and warmth in those gloomy years we lived in.

http://www.timescrest.com/coverstory/sachin-and-the-god-particle-9454

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
India lost but Sachin won millions of hearts

143 (131 balls, 9x4, 5x6) vs Australia in Sharjah (Coca Cola Cup, 1998)
T his was a match not even the most die-hard Indian fan would have rued India's loss. Yes, India lost, but Sachin won millions of hearts with his incredible batting. There was joy even in the defeat.India were confronted with the challenge of scoring 285 to win or 254 to pip New Zealandand qualify for the final on net run-rate.
The Indians initially appeared apprehensive to attack. Once Tendulkar opened up with a six off Michael Kasprowicz, the flow of runs improved. Tendulkar was batting with a planin mind, but the task was becoming tougheras the pitch was slow. Mohammad Azharuddin was unable to get his timing right and inner-edged a harmless delivery.Ajay Jadeja played away from the body to increase the misery, with Tendulkar aghast at the application at the other end.
VVS Laxman then joined Tendulkar with India staring defeat in the face as almost a run-a-ball was needed in the remaining overs. As if things were not bad enough, a dust storm then hit the stadium, halting the game for about half an hour. India's target was revised to 276 to win and 237 to qualify. 'I'll do it,' he promised Aunshuman Gaekwad, the coach, and did it in style.When play resumed, India needed 94 runs in 15 overs. Soon Sachin tore into the Aussies, sending the spectators into ecstasy. With every man inside the stadium rooting for Sachin, the 11 men in the opposition just stood by and watched an epic performance by the little matser.
After ensuring that India qualified for the final, Sachin went for an outright win. He finally fell for 143. It was an innings unmatched in heroism at this venue with the exception of that great knock by Javed Miandad.India lost the match by 25 runs in the end, but that did not matter. There was only one winner that day: Sachin Tendulkar!
Tendulkar tore into the Pakistan attack

98 (75 balls, 12x4, 1x6) vs Pakistan in Centurion (World Cup, 2003)
India maintained their winning streak against Pakistan in World Cup matches. Indiawere chasing a challenging target of 274. The Pakistan attack comprised Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Shoaib Akhtar, Abdul Razzaq and Shahid Afridi.India needed a superb innings from the maestro and he did not disappoint.
Tendulkar took first strike and just tore into the Pakistan attack. His six over thirdman offShoaib Akhtar stunned all and sundry. It wasa defining moment of the match.
Pakistan could never recover from the thrashing they got from Tendulkar. With Tendulkar just two runs away from his hundred, Akhtar finally managed to dismiss him of what looked like an illegitimate delivery, but Tendulkar had put India into a position from where there was no looking back. His six off Akhtar was later described as the best shot of the tournament.
The first double in ODIs came in Gwalior

200 not out (147 balls, 25x4,3x6) vs. South Africa in Gwalior (Bilateral series, 2010)
A summit was scaled that day at the Roop Singh stadium as Tendulkar became the first man to conjure up a double hundred in ODIs.
He had set many benchmarks, but this one was a gem. He had scored just four in the preceding match, but was fiercely determined on this occasion. He was light onhis feet and heavy with his shots. The maestro's innings was splendidly paced.His 50 consumed 37 balls, 100 came off 90 and 150 off 118. The South Africans ran out of ideas. Sachin got to the coveted mark with just three balls to spare, but he was worthy of the honour. World cricket had waited 40 years for this moment.
Sachin celebrated his birthday in style

134 (131 balls, 12x4, 3x6) vs Australia in Sharjah (Coca Cola Cup, 1998
I t was Sachin's birthday and he celebrated itin style, guiding India to an emphatic six-wicket win over Australia in the Coca ColaCup final.
India were chasing a target of 273. Tony Greig commentated on TV: 'Sachin will be feeling a little bit drained from his previous effort and the weight of the entire Indian population's hopes will be on his young shoulders.'It was true, as, initially, Sachin was not connecting the ball the way he would have liked to.
The correct ball had to be chosen and it was here that Sachin stood out from the rest. He kept up the momentum with his artistic batsmanship. Soon he started to unleash some of his breathtaking shots, smashing the ball mercilessly. One delivery from Michael Kasprowicz was deposited to the stadium's roof. The disdain he had for the Aussie bowlers was just his way of conveying his anger at being sworn and glared at by some of them.
It required a horrible decision by umpire Javed Akhtar to end the great effort by Tendulkar. But he had ensured India were well on the road to the victory. In the end, it was a fitting finale to the tournament.Rarely has an individual dominated a tournament as Tendulkar did in this tournament. The biggest compliment for Tendulkar came from Shane Warne, who took off his shirt for an autograph of the batsman he respects most
Sachin was left heartbroken after scoring 175

175 (141 balls, 19x4, 4x6) vs Australia in Hyderabad (Bilateral series, 2009)
It was a night that broke hearts.The evergreen script of Sachin Tendulkar single-handedly fighting cricket battles for India was enacted again. In the end, sadnessand silence lingered. The maestro, egged on by the challenge of a daunting target and a familiar foe, played an incandescent innings that raised hopes at the Rajiv Gandhi International stadium.Chasing Australia's 350 for four, Tendulkar was soon punching, pulling, tucking and lofting the Australian bowlers. He unleashed almost all the strokes from his repertoire. Such was his mastery that while shaping to pull Adam Voges, he realised that the ball was fuller in length and quickly shortened his back-lift to whip the ball past a bemused Ricky Ponting at mid-on.He and Suresh Raina put on a century partnership for the fifth wicket and a fairytale began to take shape. The equation boiled down to 75 runs from last 10 overs and then 41 from last 5. But Raina and Harbhajan fell in succession.Tendulkar's effort scoop one over short fine-leg proved fatal. India needed just 8 off last over, but the tailenders ran themselves out. Australia won by three runs, leaving Sachin and millions of fans heartbroken.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Tendulkar opened the innings with elan

82 not out (49 balls, 15x4, 2x6) vs New Zealand in Napier (Bilateral Series, 1994)
T his was an innings that changed the shapeof Indian and world cricket forever. Till this time Tendulkar had played 69 ODIs, scoring 1758 runs, at an average of 30.84.
Tendulkar was quite frustrated, as his batting position lower down the order was not giving ample overs to score more. It wasthe second match of the series, with India having lost the first one. Regular opener Navjot Singh Sidhu pulled out on the eve of the match and Tendulkar was entrusted with the task of opening the innings. This was the moment Tendulkar had been waiting for in the last couple of years.
New Zealand were dismissed for 142. Tendulkar walked out to bat with Ajay Jadejaand suddenly the dozing spectators were wide awake with wonderment. Tendulkar just set the ground on fire with his blazing stroke-display.The match was over in just 23.2 overs, with Tendulkar causing mayhem among New Zealand's ranks. His innings consisted of just 22 scoring shots and his boundary-tally was more than the entire New Zealand side had managed! Even the two umpires joined the crowd as well as the Kiwi players in the applause.
Sachin put his personal tragedy behind to score 140

140 not out (101 balls, 16x4, 3x6) vs Kenya in Briston (World Cup, 1999)
A century against a non-Test playing nation would not have usually made it to list of Sachin's best knocks. It does find a place because the circumstances in which this innings was played.India were under pressure to win this game to stay in the competition as they had lost their previous two games to South Africa and Zimbabwe. Sachin did not play against Zimbabwe as he had to return to India because of unfortunate death of his father.
With the team needing him, he put his personal tragedy behind and returned to England. He arrived a day after his father's funeral and produced an innings, which shallrank among all-time best.Setting aside his personal grief, he took India to a big score, thus setting up a comfortable win. He was crafting this century for his 'baba' and his first reaction on reaching the landmark was to look up to the skies, in reverence to his late father.
Sachin scored his first ODI century vs Australia

110 (130 balls, 8x4, 2x6) vs. Australia in Colombo (Singer World Series, 1994)
O n a humid day, when even the reserves got tired of rushing drinks to the middle, Sachin scored his first ODI century as he smashed the Australian attack to set up India's victory.The Premadasa stadium was a noisy cauldron as Craig McDermott, Glenn McGrath,Shane Warne and Tim May came to grief against the 23-year-old.
Sachin, who opened the innings, took chargeand maintained a rollicking pace even as Manoj Prabhakar, Navjot Sidhu and Mohammad Azharuddin fell.
He was at ease with the task when Vinod Kambli joined him. The Aussies, especially Warne, were mauled and a great rivalry withthe leg-spinner was born that day.
Pakistan bowling was savaged by Sachin's clinical batting

118 (140 balls, 8x4, 2x6) vs. Pakistan in Sharjah (Pepsi Cup, 1996)
V ictories in Sharjah have been rare and ought to be cherished. Sachin's eighth century stays in memory for the fact that a sensational batting performance was followed by victory.
An attack, comprising Waqar Younis, Aaqib Javed, Ata-Ur-Rehman, Saqlain Mushtaq and Aamer Sohail, was savaged by Sachin's clinical batting.
Most Indian restaurants in Dubai offered heavy discounts that night, while some even entertained their customers free.
Sachin's 139 vs Australia helped him get to 10,000 ODI runs

139 (125 balls, 19x4) vs.Australia in Indore (Bilateral series, 2001)
I ndia thumped Australia by a massive margin of 118 runs. There were others who contributed towards India's win, but none could match Tendulkar's brilliance.
Everything else paled as Tendulkar took charge. He played the ball on merit, and paced the innings as only he could. The batting giant scaled one more grand summitin compiling his 28th ODI century.If Sunil Gavaskar was the first batsman to cross the 10,000 run-mark in Test cricket, Tendulkar achieved the feat in ODIs.
Some of the shots he played just baffled the bowlers and left a mentally-strong man like Steve Waugh helpless

These are My Fav Innings from the Master Blaster

KS

Bye bye DFI
He should have retired on April 2 2011.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
He started against Pakistan should have ended his career against Pakistan as well

But anyway one of the best batsman in the history of cricket

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
but don't know why i have feeling that indians got the reason why we lost everything against pakistan :p

Raj30

Sachin Tendulkar: Unknown Facts and Figures

when the cricketing legend, and perhaps the "Most Looked At" and Celebrated individual of independent India, has decided to retire from the limited overs format of cricket, I had to really look around to find certain facts and figures about the GOD OF CRICKET to pay him a tribute.

However, Sachin and Records are now nothing but synonyms, and I was not sure which facts to present here. I was sure if it is about runs and centuries, averages and boundaries, cricketing spirit and awards, the outcome would be obvious and expected. Therefore, I decided to do some research over the longevity of the Little Master.

Ever since the maestro debuted on 15 Nov 1989, the following has changed apart from cricket in India. This analysis is simply to derive the longevity of the athlete and also to recognise the pain and effort the legend has indulged in to represent (and make proud) the tricolour.

India's GDP has grown by 453% since Sachin faced the first ball against Pakistan in Karachi 23 years back
41 crore new Indians have been born during Sachin's long career, taking the country's population to 126 crore, a whopping 48% increase.
We were struggling as a nation when he came to power (yes, cricket has became a power in India). Our foreign reserves were at 5.83 billion dollars, Now at 280 billion dollars (become 48 times).
Sensex has reached from 1050 to 18600
Sachin was the 74th Indian to wear the ODI cap. Now we have 275, added 200 during his career. More than 70% of new additions have already retired.
@ World Cups he has been more prolific than anywhere else, his total tally at WCs (2278 RUns) is 30.6% grreater than his closest and arch rival Ricky Ponting (1743 runs). And if you think he has played more, he has played 1 match less than Ponting in WCs. He has also hit 6 centuries and 21 Half tons.
Sachin's runs in WCs are more than any other player's (Ok we all know that), but what's mpre exciting is that his runs scored in WCs is greater than runs scored by as many as 8 test playing teams.

Here are a few very popular and noteworthy quotes about him by a few cricketing legends:
I have seen GOD, he bats at no.4 for India in Tests: Mathew Hayden
When you bowl at him you are not just trying to get him out, you are trying to impress him: Andrew Flintoff
Sachin is a genius. I'm a mere mortal: Brian Charles Lara
I am fortunate that I've to bowl at him only in the nets: Anil Kumble
India me aap Prime Minister ko ek Baar Katghare me khada kar sakte hain..Par Sachin Tendulkar par Ungli nahi utha Sakte..Navjot Singh Sidhu
He can play that leg glance with a walking stick also: Waqar Younis
A banner once said-' I WILL SEE GOD WHEN I DIE, BUT TILL THEN I WILL SEE SACHIN TENDULKAR
Sachin Tendulkar has often reminded me of a veteran army colonel who has many medals on his chest to show how he has conquered bowlers all over the world: Allan Donald
There are 2 kind of batsmen in the world. One Sachin Tendulkar. Two all the others: Andy Flower
If Sachin plays well...India sleeps well: Harsha Bhogle
I would go to bed having nightmares of Sachin dancing down the ground and hitting me for sixes: Shane Warne

In the End, I can only say that his contributions to the sport has been something that the whole nation and the world will look up to and the little master will inspire the generations to come.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles