Sachin may be your god but not mine: Akhtar

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
My girlfriend was in North Greenville University, SC. The college hacked her email address and discovered a mail she had sent to me which was signed 'Love u' or something like that.

They called her to the college counselors office and wanted her to end her relationship and then wear a purity ring!

I got her transferred to New York.
I assume NGU is a Baptist school. You're lucky she wasn't at a Mormon school; they would have tracked her down in New York. :)

Just kidding!

trackwhack

I assume NGU is a Baptist school. You're lucky she wasn't at a Mormon school; they would have tracked her down in New York. :)

Just kidding!
Yep Baptist, I warned her but she was sure she'd be ok. I guess every country has some loonies.

pmaitra

Can't prove I am from US, but the city of Raleigh, home of the Raleigh Cricket Club, is absolutely in North Carolina, USA. :)
From Wikipedia:

"
Cricket was being played in British North America by at least the beginning of the eighteenth century.[2] The earliest definite reference to American cricket is in the 1709 diaries of William Byrd of Westover on his James River estates in Virginia.[3] By the time of the American Revolution, the game was so popular that the troops at Valley Forge participated in matches among themselves. There is at least one instance recorded of George Washington himself joining in a game of "wicket."[4] John Adams was recorded as saying in Congress that if leaders of simple cricket clubs could be called "presidents," there was no reason why the leader of the new nation could not be called something more grand.[5] Cricket continued to develop slowly as a recreational sport until the time of American independence in 1783.[6]
"
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_United_States_cricket

Some interesting videos:

Last edited by a moderator:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
watching those videos and more on youtube has been so much fun late into night. quite enjoying them

cant even say learning cricket all over again :D

pmaitra

watching those videos and more on youtube has been so much fun late into night. quite enjoying them

cant even say learning cricket all over again :D
It gives me immense pleasure to see that Americans are taking interest in Cricket. It is as if they are trying to imbibe our culture. Although it originated in Britain, Cricket today is more Indian than British.

Falcon

I want to write something on this account. I did not see the video here and I have not read any opinion from anyone here. No living man on this earth is GOD. No living man on this earth deserves this position. No one has the right to be called as GOD for the pathetic things we created on earth. It really does not matter what Shoaib says or what Sachin feels. Shoaid is a legend and so is Sachin. The only difference is the attitude towards life and attitude towards human kind. Hitler was GOD to number of people and so was Lenin. So were many people on earth. Indeed Shoaib was a legend but no more. He misused his skills, and no one likes him. He should have been playing cricket if he were a legend but he can't coz of his deeds. Sachin does coz he is a good man and he is dedicated to what he does. We must love the game and must not make someone GOD. If they desert us or default, heart weeps and trust goes away. Learn from history and you will never make that mistake again.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Hey guys,

I also not like Sachin Tandulkar. My favorite cricket players are Shahid Afridi, Ricki Ponting, and Andre Strauss.
I am sure no sane cricket lover will have Shahid afridi up there in his list of favorites.

trackwhack

Sehwag, my ass. Sachins making the rest of them look like dribbling fools. A bunch of hot shot 20 20 morons. Now lets see Captain Cool playing.

Edit: Oh well, how much can one man do...

Last edited:

lcatejas

Its all create scene to sell the book... now a days any joker can write a book...:laugh:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles