Sachin may be your god but not mine: Akhtar

shoaib

Tihar Jail
Banned

Hows that???

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomcat

as if sachin will die if shoib says so what bull shit please stop visting the heera mandi area would you Mr shohib

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If one takes it from non Indian point of view, then..........

We tend to deify people.

Take the case of Nehru, Mrs Gandhi (the real one), even the Mahatma.

And then when the aura fades with age, we bring them down by observing that they too had their warts!

It is not the case of Sachin, Dravid or anyone. We, as Indians, are over cautious and so lack the killer instinct or the dash to take risks.

And we do not have the stomach to accept a loss and so we go for being neither here, nor there.

I know this post will draw brickbats because Sachin Tendulkar is God to many, but then that is life! :)

Last edited:

Blackwater

How the hell govt of India allowed this person to enter India..:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

sob

Mod
Country flag
The point of the the thread is to understand that Sachin is one the greats of the cricket and full stop. As Ray said let us not put him on a pedastal so that we start a row whenever somebody criticizes him.

SpArK

SORCERER
Newer seen Akthar so calm ... He explained his POV perfectly..

Agree or not agree is another matter.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Thank God he articulated his viewpoint perfectly...otherwise mullahs back home would have accused him of blasphemy and declared him Wajib-ul-Qatl. :D

Adux

Country flag
There is absolutely nothing wrong in what he has said. I dont see it at all. Why cant Sachin be scared of Shoaib in a series? Why does he have to respect Sachin as god as most Indians do? He is a competitive cricketer, why should he let Sachin have a psychological advantage? Take Vaas and McGrath Sachin has always been uncomfortable with their styles? Does that mean he is any less great? Why are you keeping Sachin in such a pedestal that you deny the greatness of other players? Is it fair on them?

Blackwater

Hows that???
That is that u pakis still need india to sell your books. waise bhi in pakistan taliban don't read or write ....right??? waise bhi, how many knows English in talibanistan...aka na-pakistan

we know how u paki lives in ammerica. Street pe ja ker jor se bol, iam pakistani, dekh log kaise bang ur a.s.s and say "hows that"

Last edited by a moderator:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Who cares ?

In anycase i have always rated sehwag higher sachin :)

Last edited:

pmaitra

Honestly, I don't see why one should criticise Shoaib for this. Also, he clearly states that Sachin is great but he also has his weaknesses. I think we should just get over it.

sandeepdg

There's no need to curse Shoaib for what he said. Everyone is entitled to their viewpoint, and he has his own. You like it or you don't, well that's your damn problem. He said that he already respects Sachin's greatness, but he felt that Sachin gets scared of his bowling sometimes as he noticed. He didn't disrespect him, I suppose at all.

There are more important things happening in this world than Shoaib and Sachin that should get attention. Some people just have no business other than making a mountain out of a mole hill !

P.S. : Sachin ain't my god either !

Galaxy

Country flag
Shoaib was a problem and remains a problem: Akram

Former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram on Saturday ridiculed Shoaib Akhtar and his controversial autobiography, which has made several tall claims, saying that the pacer was a "problem" when he was an active player and remains just that even in retirement.
Akram pooh-poohed Shoaib's claims of making Sachin Tendulkar uncomfortable with his pace in the Faisalabad Test in 2006 and also rejected some of the other allegations he has made in the book titled 'Controversially Yours'.

"I remember one of Sachin's knocks in the Sialkot Test. It was the fourth Test and the wicket had lot of grass, I was 22 and Waqar was 19 and we were very fast," Akram recalled.

"Waqar hit him on his chin and he came back after taking treatment and scored a 50. If a 16-year-old can't be scared, I don't think any batsman can be scared. It hardly matters what Shoaib says," Akram told reporters here.
Akram said Shoaib, who was a controversial figure all through his playing career, was just trying to sell his book with tall claims and also rejected allegations that he tried to destroy the tearaway pacer's career.

"Whatever the Pakistan Cricket Board says, I am with them. He was a problem when he was in the team and he is a problem when he is out of the team," Akram said.

"He knows, I know and the world knows that he was himself responsible for destroying his career. There is a lot to talk but I don't want to humiliate him. There is an unwritten code among players that some facts should not be revealed before the media," he warned.

"You guys (media) will ensure that his book is a bestseller," he said.

Talking about Indian cricket, Akram said Mahendra Singh Dhoni's men should brace up for tough times ahead when they tour Australia later this year as fast and bouncy wickets await them Down Under.

"The Australia tour will be challenging for India and they should expect bouncy wickets," he said. Akram also advocated the resumption of bilateral cricket ties between India and Pakistan.

"I am in favour of sporting ties between India and Pakistan. If players of these countries do well against each other, they can do well against anyone," he said.

Shoaib was a problem and remains a problem: Akram

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Let us be fair.

Do we think that Imran Khan is God's gift to Pakistan?

Please watch playbacks of short pitched deliveries to Sachin Tendulkar.

He has always appeared shaky.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles