Ambassador
Country flag

Last edited by a moderator:

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Sachin Tendulkar reaches 100 international centuries

By Azad Majumder

DHAKA | Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:24pm IST

(Reuters) - After waiting more than a year, Sachin Tendulkar finally became the first cricketer to score 100 international centuries during an Asia Cup one-day match against Bangladesh on Friday.

The 38-year-old further cemented his place as one of the greatest of cricketing greats when he stroked a single off left-arm spinner Shakib Al Hasan to reach the landmark. He has scored 51 centuries in tests and 49 in one-day internationals.

India ultimately lost the match by five wickets but Tendulkar hit 10 boundaries and one six on the way to his hundred, which he reached off 138 deliveries on an easy-paced pitch at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.

The celebrations for his much-awaited target were muted and Tendulkar looked more relieved than elated after completing the 100th run.

NEWSMAKER - Sachin Tendulkar reaches new heights with 100th ton click reut.rs/weO9pm

FACTBOX - Little known facts about Sachin Tendulkar click reut.rs/x14ItL

FACTBOX - Sporting records that are unlikely to be broken click reut.rs/z1EzAK

For slideshow click reut.rs/yRTKbQ

He stood at the non-striker's end looking at his bat for a moment before thanking the heavens. He then raised his helmet towards the crowd, planted a kiss on the Indian cricket logo and was hugged by team mate Suresh Raina.

Tendulkar said the achievement had yet to sink in.

"It was a tough phase for me. Especially tough when you know that I started off this season batting reasonably well," a tired-looking Tendulkar told the NEO Cricket channel.

"I batted well in Australia. I felt at times I was luckless. Doesn't matter how many hundreds you score, you still have to put your head down, grind it out and do the job for the team.

"It hasn't sunk in but I have definitely lost about 50 kilos."

"DIFFICULT MENTALLY"

It took the greatest accumulator of runs in international cricket more than a year to score his coveted hundred after he reached 99 centuries with his 111 against South Africa in the World Cup in Nagpur on March 12 last year.

"Precisely a year ago when I got my 99th hundred no one spoke about it during the World Cup. And then it was I guess the media who started all these," Tendulkar added.

"Wherever I went, to restaurants, the house keeping, the room service, whoever I met just spoke about the 100th hundred.

"It became a little difficult mentally, because I am not playing only for my 100th hundred.

"The 99 hundreds that I scored, nobody spoke about them. Everyone had their opinion but eventually I have got to do what is important for the team."

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said Tendulkar was an inspiration for the country.

"I join the nation in congratulating Sachin Tendulkar on his making history -- a hundred centuries," the prime minister's office said in a statement.

"He has made India proud. Tendulkar's long career has been a triumph of class, character and courage. Wish him many more innings and feats to continue inspiring the youth."

Tendulkar was finally out for 114 off 147 balls, hitting 12 boundaries and a six.

(Writing by Sudipto Ganguly in Mumbai; editing by John Mehaffey)

Sachin Tendulkar reaches 100 international centuries | Reuters

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
So, we lost the match to Bangladesh?

It is time to get the team going before India becomes a has been!

Quite a dampener after that glorious 100th 100.

The sheen is lost because of the result.

Last edited:

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
'100th hundred the toughest of them all' - Tendulkar

Bangladesh v India, Asia Cup, Mirpur

ESPNcricinfo staff

March 16, 2012

Sachin Tendulkar has said his 100th international hundred "was the toughest of them all", after achieving the milestone against Bangladesh, in Mirpur, during the Asia Cup. Tendulkar went 33 innings without a century between India's group match against South Africa in the World Cup and Friday's game in Mirpur, and admitted it had been a "tough phase". He said he had not really started thinking about the 100th hundred until the media began to talk about it, but it had started to play on his mind after a while.

"Yes, I have to be honest. I am human and I have emotions so I was frustrated. It does play on your mind," Tendulkar said at the post-match press conference.

During the mid-innings break, he had explained to television commentator Ramiz Raja how he had not been able to get away from talk about his 100th hundred. "It's been a tough phase for me. I started off the season batting reasonably well. I was luckless. I am not playing only for my 100th hundred. It doesn't matter how many hundreds you score, you still put your head down, grind it out and do the job for the team.

"I was not thinking about the milestone, the media started all this; wherever I went, the restaurant, room service, everyone was talking about the 100th hundred. Nobody talked about my 99 hundreds. It became mentally tough for me because nobody talked about my 99 hundreds."

Despite the struggle to get to his 100th hundred and the pressure that that had built up around it, Tendulkar was able to joke about having finally achieved it, saying he had shed "50 kilos" with the 114 he made on Friday.

Tendulkar took 36 balls to go from 80 to 100 in Mirpur, but insisted he was not playing for the record. "The hundred was not the only thing on my mind. I was thinking about getting a good total for the team. When I looked at the scoreboard, I was looking at the run-rate and what we needed to do; I was avoiding looking at my personal score."

The wait for the milestone, Tendulkar said, had made him realise the value of an international century, while the varying opinions on whether or not he should continue his pursuit had not affected him. "After scoring 99 tons you are made to realise the value of a hundred. It's not easy, it was a testing period, but there were many people who helped me.

"There are opinions, some for some against. I don't read them, I have a job to do. Ups and downs are a part of life, there is no person who has not experienced it, and they teach you a lot in life.

"I am glad about the journey. It has tested my patience, my character. So many people have had questions, I don't read any of them. Somebody who has not gone through this will have only questions, not answers."

When asked about what lay ahead, Tendulkar was firm that he was not yet considering retirement, in fact mentioning that he was glad the milestone was "out of the way, so I can focus on the matches now".

"When I consider retirement, don't worry, I will not hide it from anyone. I will play as long as I am enjoying it and as long as I can contribute to the team. I don't play for milestones; that is a perception created by a few members of the media. I play cricket because I enjoy it."

In the mid-innings break, when Ramiz asked Tendulkar what message he wanted to send to youngsters who witnessed him make history, Tendulkar said it was important to never give up on chasing your dreams. "Enjoy the game and chase your dreams," he said. "Dreams do come true. I had to wait for 22 years for India to win the World Cup."

Bangladesh v India, Asia Cup: '100th hundred the toughest of them all' - Sachin Tendulkar | Cricket News | Asia Cup | ESPN Cricinfo

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Our bowlers spoiled Sachin's Historic Feat... That's it.. Simply.. May be other reasons could have been added like Ashwin's fear for taking catches, Dhoni's late stumping, etc,..

Foolish to look for other reasons...

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Tendulkar scores his 100th international century

Siddarth Ravindran at the Shere Bangla Stadium

March 16, 2012

Sachin Tendulkar became the first batsman to make a 100 international centuries, getting to the milestone against Bangladesh at the Shere Bangla stadium in Mirpur at 5:05pm local time on March 16, 2012. It ended a year-long wait for one of the most discussed landmarks in cricket history, and was his first ODI hundred against Bangladesh, completing his set of centuries against every Full Member country in both Tests and ODIs.

He reached the 100th hundred in the 44th over with a nudge behind square leg, one of his favoured strokes to reach a century. Despite the huge amount of hype surrounding the landmark, which has shown little sign of abating during the prolonged wait, there was no over-the-top celebration. The helmet came off and there was a wave of the bat, he looked up at the sky, as he usually does on reaching a hundred, and he acknowledged his team-mates by raising his helmet towards the dressing room. Several of the Bangladesh fielders congratulated him, even as the decibel-level in the packed stadium reached new highs.

It was not one of Tendulkar's most swashbuckling innings, more about efficient accumulation early on, before slowing down further as he neared the century, finally completing it off 138 deliveries. Tendulkar's achievement might have come against one of the weaker teams and in the league game of a low-key competition, but he still had to brave a raucous and partisan crowd. Once he reached the eighties, every dot ball he faced was loudly cheered. The Bangladeshi chant expressing displeasure, Bhua bhua, also rang out from sections of the stadium as he batted.

The stadium had been less than half-full when the match started, but as Tendulkar's innings progressed, more and more people came in and by the time he completed his hundred there weren't too many empty seats. There were frantic phone calls from reporters in the press box, back to their bosses, discussing long-ready tribute packages and whether the innings should replace the national budget as the front-page lead.

Unusually cautious play from Tendulkar suggested the weight of the coming milestone was affecting him. The holiday crowd, excited at the prospect of a terrific "I was there" anecdote to boast about, was egged on further by an enthusiastic DJ. He belted out several local hits, and that familiar background sound at the cricket these days, the bugle, ensured the stadium was a cauldron of noise.

The Mexican wave made its way around the ground, and the bouncing fans were rarely more thrilled than in the 34th over, a maiden by Mashrafe Mortaza. First, Tendulkar had to scramble back after attempting a single to mid-off, then a solid push towards mid-on went straight to the fielder before a slash landed just short of backward point. Sensing the batsman's discomfort, and possible nervousness, the crowd amplified the pressure with loud roars of approval after every delivery. He was nearly run out soon after, trying to pinch a single to backward point.

A lofted drive over extra cover in the 40th over and several singles took him to 99, which was when the crowd began to support Tendulkar, standing up and cheering in anticipation. Though India were past 200 with only two wickets down, Bangladesh tried to stifle Tendulkar by keeping seven fielders in the circle. The single to square leg finally brought up another mark of the longevity of the man who already has the most runs and has played the most matches in Tests and ODIs.

Bangladesh v India, Asia Cup, Mirpur: Sachin Tendulkar scores his 100th international century | Cricket News | Asia Cup | ESPN Cricinfo

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Indian bowling spoils historic day in Mirpur

Dwaipayan Datta, TNN | Mar 17, 2012, 01.40AM IST

MIRPUR: Amidst all the euphoria of Sachin Tendulkar's 100th hundred, India completely forgot that they had a match to win. And they paid a big price by losing to Bangladesh and making their road to the Asia Cup final extremely tricky. Now, they have to win against Pakistan on Sunday to stay in contention.

289 was a big enough total to defend with Tendulkar, Virat Kohli (66) and Suresh Raina (51) playing their parts. But on a slow wicket, the weakness of the Indian bowling attack was exposed as Bangladesh notched up the required runs with four balls to spare.

After Tamim Iqbal (70 off 99 balls) and Shakib Al Hasan (49 off 31 balls) had set the ball rolling with some excellent hitting, Nasir Hossain and Mushfiqur Rahim took charge as the Indian pace attack completely lost its screws. With 34 to get off 18 balls, Irfan Pathan bowled an atrocious over as Rahim and Hossain took 19 runs off it. Rahim, a good player on the on-side, walked towards off and hit deliveries outside off over square leg and mid-wicket. Irfan couldn't find the yorker that is so vital in such a situation and bled runs.

All depended on Praveen but he too was taken for a couple of boundaries as Bangladesh came close. Hossain got out for 54, but Rahim and Mahmudullah took Bangladesh to a memorable victory. Even Ashok Dinda, coming back to the Indian team, failed to impress and bowled loosely when the going got tough.

Skipper MS Dhoni conceded that "Bangladesh played better cricket throughout. At the start of the Powerplay our bowlers felt the pressure, a bit more runs on the board would have been better. But the youngsters will learn more. Bangladesh can play really well on their day, they used the conditions well, their reverse swing bowling was good."

Winning captain Mushfiqur gushed, "It's a huge moment for us. We want to dedicate this to Manjural Islam Rana (Bangladesh player who died five years back). Today was a great day, we really appreciate our win."

Indian bowling spoils historic day in Mirpur - The Times of India

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Bangladesh spoil Tendulkar's 100th ton party

Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:09am IST

(Adds paras 16, 17)

By Azad Majumder

(Reuters) - Sachin Tendulkar ended a year-long wait to score a record 100th international century but it did not stop India stumbling to a shock five-wicket defeat by Bangladesh which threw the Asia Cup wide open on Friday.

Tendulkar, who had gone 33 innings without scoring an international ton since chalking up 111 against South Africa last March, stroked a single off left-arm spinner Shakib Al Hasan to square leg in the 44th over to reach the landmark.

While the Little Master's achievement sparked celebrations among his team mates in the Shere Bangla National Stadium and brought the roaring crowd to their feet, Tendulkar simply raised his head skywards before kissing the Indian logo on his helmet.

"I am not God. After scoring 99 centuries, I needed a year to score another. It shows scoring a hundred from 99 is tough," a hugely relieved Tendulkar told reporters.

"It has been a test of my character and patience. Somebody who has not gone through this will not understand this. It has been really challenging.

"It was a tough journey. Now that it is out of the way things can come back to normal."

Tendulkar's determination to get the milestone out of the way may in the end have cost India the match as uncharacteristically he got bogged down in the 80s and it took him almost 15 overs to get the final 20 runs needed to cross three figures.

After a jittery innings featuring 12 fours and a six, he eventually perished for 114 after edging Mashrafe Mortaza's delivery to the wicketkeeper.

With the Indians still buzzing at Tendulkar's feat, Mushfiqur Rahim and Shakib gatecrashed the visitors' party with their quickfire knocks and overhauled the 290 victory target with four balls to spare.

Tamim Iqbal (70), Jahurul Islam (53) and Nasir Hossain (54) laid the foundations for the win by notching up fifties before Shakib scored 49 off 31 balls and Mushfiqur added an unbeaten 46 off 25 to help Bangladesh cruise past India's 289-5.

CLOSE DECISION

After Hossain and Shakib added 68 off 48 balls for the fourth wicket, India appeared to have snatched back the momentum when they dismissed Shakib in a close stumping decision.

However, skipper Mushfiqur tore apart the Indian attack, belting two huge sixes off seamer Irfan Pathan in the 48th over.

With Bangladesh needing 16 off 12 balls, Mushfiqur hit a four and a six in the first two balls of Praveen Kumar's next over to wrest control of the match.

Although Kumar went on to dismiss Nasir soon after, it was too late for India to salvage the contest and their defeat revived Bangladesh hopes of reaching next Thursday's final.

Pakistan top the standings with nine points while India and Bangladesh have four. Sri Lanka, who play the hosts in the final round robin match on Tuesday, have yet to win a match.

Thousands of people took to the streets after the game to mark Bangladesh's third one-day victory in 24 attempts against India, and their first since the 2007 World Cup.

Some fans set off firecrackers to celebrate the win and there were huge tailbacks in roads close to the stadium even at midnight.

Sent in to bat first, India lost opener Gautam Gambhir (11) early on before Tendulkar added 148 runs with Virat Kohli for the second wicket.

Kohli missed out on a third consecutive one-day hundred when he was bowled by left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak for 66.

Tendulkar, however, could not be denied and scored his first ever ODI century against Bangladesh to complete his set against test playing nations.

India face Pakistan in their final round robin game on Sunday. (Editing by Pritha Sarkar)

UPDATE 2-Cricket-Bangladesh spoil Tendulkar's 100th ton party | Reuters

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
The stumping that was too close to call

Siddarth Ravindran in Mirpur

March 16, 2012

The decision
Third umpire Ruchira Palliyaguruge won't be a popular man in Bangladesh today, and he would have been more disliked if the home side had lost. His decision to rule Shakib Al Hasan stumped at a critical juncture in the game had many Bangladesh fans fearing this match might turn into another case of so near yet so far. After Shakib had transformed the game with a rapid 49, he was beaten by a big turning offbreak from R Ashwin. Dhoni showed off his quick hands again by breaking the stumps, and after several replays it wasn't entirely clear whether Shakib had made it back in time. Palliyaguruge was convinced, though, and a stunned Shakib had to drag himself off to the pavilion. He seemed sure he had dragged his foot back, and was seen looking at replays of the dismissal in the dressing room.

The six
When Bangladesh needed 33 runs off the final three overs, the match could have gone either way. It swung decisively towards the hosts with a pair of sixes from Mushfiqur Rahim that reduced it to 19 off 15. The second of those came off a friendly full toss from Irfan Pathan, bludgeoned towards the grand stand, almost exactly the same area where Mushfiqur had clubbed the penultimate ball of last year's Twenty20 against West Indies to secure victory in a fluctuating game.

The fielding
Rohit Sharma punched the first ball of the 49th over firmly to substitute Sunny Elias at extra cover and attempted an impossible single. Sunny's throw, though, was wide, leaving the bowler Mashrafe Mortaza screaming in frustration. Mashrafe's mood improved tremendously after the next delivery when Nasir Hossain, probably the best fielder in the side, ran out Rohit with a direct hit from long-on.

The reprieve
Of India's two centurions from the previous match, Bangladesh had dismissed one early, when Gautam Gambhir played on. The other, Virat Kohli, could have been sent back for a golden duck. Shafiul Islam got the ball to swerve sharply in towards the pads, and Kohli could not get bat on it. A huge appeal was turned down, though replays suggested the ball was going on to hit the bails. Kohli cashed in on the reprieve and made 66.

The close call
With Sachin Tendulkar taking his time getting to his 100th century, Bangladesh's fielders lifted, pouncing on everything to not allow easy runs. Tendulkar attempted several sharp singles before changing his mind and scrambling back. On one of those occasions, when on 89, he just managed to beat a throw from Shakib at backward point. The throw narrowly missed and Shakib ruefully watched the replay on the giant screen to see just how close he had come to extending Tendulkar's wait.

The celebration
Jahurul Islam removed his cap, raised his bat and bowed down to do the Sajda after he reached his half-century. It was a first for the 25-year-old batsman, who was playing only his eighth ODI. Jahurul's exclusion from the Bangladesh side in 2010 was perhaps not justified at the time and his prolonged wait is often a point of sympathy whenever selection meetings end. The delight was a natural reaction, though perhaps slightly over-the-top, given that another man had quietly celebrated a much bigger milestone.

Bangladesh v India, Asia Cup, Mirpur: The stumping that was too close to call | Cricket Features | Asia Cup | ESPN Cricinfo

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Sachin Tendulkar says I'm not God, I'm Sachin

Dwaipayan Datta, TNN | Mar 17, 2012, 01.21AM IST

MIRPUR: It was a match of "mixed emotions" for Sachin Tendulkar after Bangladesh upset India even as the batsman himself conquered an elusive personal summit.

Sachin reached the 100th hundred milestone with probably the most lustily cheered single of his career - a clip towards square leg off the bowling of Shakib-al Hasan, but the celebration was muted, just a characteristic look skywards with arms raised and a kiss planted on the India logo on the helmet.

After the disappointment of watching the Bangladesh batsmen cart India's bowlers all over the park, he told reporters: "I am not God. I am Sachin Tendulkar."

He admitted the long wait of 33 innings for the ton frustrated him at times. "I felt even after 22 years, the cricket god was testing me over the last one year. I will be honest, I was frustrated at times, but I never gave up," Tendulkar said. "It's a wrong notion that I didn't go to West Indies to get my 100th hundred in England. You can never plan your hundreds, if I could, I would have been something else.

"I came so close so many times. I could have got it in Oval (against England), in Mumbai (against Windies) or in the first two Tests in Australia. My feet were moving so well, I just didn't know why it was not coming. It was difficult, those who haven't gone through it won't know how difficult it was."

Next came the loaded question. Now that he has reached the magic mark, what's the next milestone for him? "I've never played cricket for milestones. While playing, I have ended up breaking a few records, but that was never my goal. I play cricket just because I enjoy the game. The 100th hundred was the most difficult."

Just after completing his century, Tendulkar "thanked God". "I was not looking at the scoreboard. I just took it one ball at a time and looked to do it for the team. Even after completing my century, my job was not done."

Tendulkar had turned out for practice a couple of days before the Bangladesh game with a couple of young guys in tow. How does he explain that dedication even after so many years of international cricket?

"It's never too bad to practice, isn't it? Yes, it was my off day and I wanted to get a feel of things and that's why I turned up. At the end of the day, I love the game and that's why I am here."

The defeat in the game came up for discussion and the obvious query was whether India played a little too slow? "I don't think so. We had a look at the wicket and decided that 275-80 was a decent score. We were well on track, but Bangladesh played really well and won the game. Don't forget they are a decent side and could have won against Pakistan also."

Now that the 100th hundred is done, is he going to call it quits?

"If I decide to retire, it won't be done secretively. I will let you guys know. As of now, I am enjoying the game," Sachin said, promising to enthrall cricket lovers for some more time to come.

When he was batting, it seemed the Indian team was on a mission to help Tendulkar get to the mark. Sporting a new hairdo, Tendulkar's free-flowing shots dried up the moment the ton became a possibility. Suresh Raina, his partner, walked up to him, asked him to stick with the singles, and started taking all the risks.

Tendulkar had clearly decided that he wouldn't give it away this time. After all, he had made 80-plus scores four times in the past year without hitting a ton. The most treacherous stretch, of course, was the 90s.

A boundary early on brought the pressure down a bit and he was merely one shot away. Overs went by, impatience grew, and a few jibes started flying about. But none of this reached Tendulkar's ears. It was his tryst with a landmark he had crossed 99 times before.

Finally, the moment came on the four ball of the 43rd over. As the whole stadium stood up, the Bangladesh players rushed in to congratulate.

"Enjoy the game and chase your dreams, I think dreams do come true," he said after the knock.

Sachin Tendulkar says I'm not God, I'm Sachin - The Times of India

Reactions: nrj

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Former Pakistan cricketers shower Sachin Tendulkar with praises

PTI | Mar 16, 2012, 09.54PM IST

KARACHI: Pakistan cricket fraternity today heaped praise on Sachin Tendulkar and said his record of scoring the 100th international century would remain an unmatchable achievement.

"I think he has achieved a milestone that others can only dream off. But I give full credit to the Indian cricket authorities and selectors for backing him all these years," said former skipper Javed Miandad.

"There was a time specially after the World Cup when there was pressure on the authorities to ask Tendulkar to call it a day but they stuck by him and supported him and that is why he has achieved this great honor for his country," said Miandad, who played in the Test at Karachi in 1989 in which Tendulkar made his debut.

He felt the retirement decision should be left to Sachin. "I don't think age should be any criteria. If he feels he can continue to score runs for India he should carry on."

Another former captain Zaheer Abbas also hailed Tendulkar's achievement.

"I scored 100 hundreds in first class cricket and I know how it feels to reach this milestone. Tendulkar has by scoring his 100th century today shown just what a great player he has been for India," said Abbas.

Abbas also felt that Tendulkar besides his run-scoring feats had also been an admirable ambassador for his country and the sport.

"He has remained down to earth despite all these records to his name."

But former wicketkeeper-batsman Rashid Latif advised Tendulkar to call it a day.

"What he has achieved is simply astonishing and a tribute to his love for the game and his craftsmanship. But having achieved this milestone, I think it is the best time for him to step down and retire," said Latif.

Latif felt that for Tendulkar it was important to go out on a high note and be remembered as a great. "I don't think this record is ever going to be broken at least not in our lifetime. But I wouldn't like to see that day when some people say he should be dropped."

Former skipper Moin Khan said that Tendulkar should carry on as long as he is fit and hungry for runs.

"It would be a joke to believe that a player who has just scored his 100th hundred in international cricket should retire. No, I think he should carry on playing and serve Indian cricket for few more years."

Former leg-spinner and chief selector Abdul Qadir said, "I played against him when he was just a teenager and one could see the immense potential in him. In a way I am not surprised that today he has scored his 100th hundred and I don't see anyone breaking this record in future."

Former Pakistan cricketers shower Sachin Tendulkar with praises - The Times of India

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
He has been dismissed 20 times between the score of 90 and 99 and 17 times between the score of 80 and 89. Add to this 9 dismisses in 90s in Tests.

Wish he had converted atleast half of those.

To all those who question the number of wins for India when he scores a hundred, I ask them this, how many times has India has had a lethal bowling unit to take 20 wickets in tests to win? For te first half of His career, he was a one man army who restored some pride in an otherwise horrible display especially abroad. He has more centuries abroad than in India and we never had te fast bowlers to take 20 wickets.

Comparisons to Sehwag and Dhoni is made in terms of centuries in winning cause. But then the last half a dozen years has seen a sea change in Indian attitude with a desire to win. But the nineties was spent in securing a draw first than win. They played under fear of losing and went for a draw at the outset.

There is no comparison. A Tendulkar in the Aussie team would have made them even more lethal and they would have probably won all the matches.

People who call him names and jinxed etc are a bunch of ungrateful lot who do not recognize his selfless service to Indian cricket. I mean how frustrating would it have been for him to see his side lose or draw a match where he scored a hundred all because his team mates were not competent enough like him. Spare a thought.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
He has been dismissed 20 times between the score of 90 and 99 and 17 times between the score of 80 and 89. Add to this 9 dismisses in 90s in Tests.
It is called 'the Nervous Nineties'!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
DFI has unwritten blashphemy rules. Don't make me write them down and make it a bannable offense for those who indulge in blasphemy when talking about cricket and Sachin. :D

Oracle

He is a legend. When all and sundry started writing him off, he let his bat did the talking. A once in a century cricketer.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The common joe of cricket in India is like this. Sachin does not score he should be dropped/retire. Sachin scores but not a hundred, he is barring for a hundred and its preying on his kind. He scores a hundred and people say why he did as he is jinxed!! Seriously never seen such fickle support for ones team.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Parliament to felicitate Sachin Tendulkar

Plans are afoot for felicitating Sachin Tendulkar in Parliament over his feat of completing a century of centuries.

Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has written a letter to him on the issue but the details are yet to be worked out, Parliament sources said.

Just two days back, both the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha had lauded the cricketer for becoming the first cricketer to score a hundred centuries in international cricket.

The Speaker had said the outstanding batsman achieved this incredible feat during the one day international match against Bangladesh at Mirpur on March 16, 2012.

Parliament to felicitate Sachin Tendulkar - Sport - DNA

natarajan

He might have helped to get bonus point against pakistan so we might have gone to finals

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
He might have helped to get bonus point against pakistan so we might have gone to finals
Yeah, afterall entire Indian team is his responsibility & it doesn't really matter if other bowlers/batsmen fail to play their part.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles