Sabyasachi Panda, Odisha's Most Wanted Naxal Leader, Arrested

Free Karma

Sabyasachi Panda, Odisha's Most Wanted Naxal Leader, Arrested - NDTV

Sabyasachi Panda, Odisha's most wanted Naxal leader, has been arrested from the Ganjam district of the state, the police have confirmed.

Panda was wanted in more than 50 criminal cases, including the murder of Swami Laxamananda Saraswati and four of his aides in Kandhamal district in 2008 that had triggered communal violence in the region.

In 2012, he was involved in the abduction of two Italian tourists. While one of them was set free, the other one - Paolo Bosusco - was released after 29 days in captivity.

The former secretary of the Odisha unit of the outlawed CPI-Maoist, Panda had reportedly fallen out with the top rebel leadership in the last few years.

Police raided a hideout on the basis of intelligence inputs and nabbed him, Director General of Police Sanjeev Marik told IANS.

Officials said the top Naxal leader was arrested after the police raided a hideout after receiving intelligence inputs about his movement.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Now comes the evidence part & we already know the pre-destined outcome..

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Was he relally arrested

Or some played some kind or his role getting him arrested.

I mean he had form his own party .his preivous friends turn foe may have hand in it .

OR may be he wants to become part of system his wife contested MLA election lost and in future may join BJD

Free Karma

Now comes the evidence part & we already know the pre-destined outcome..
The wife has already started something along those lines.
My husband is a revolutionary, not a killer: Sabyasachi Panda's wife | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Seeking Sabyasachi Panda's immediate production in the court after his arrest on Thursday night, the Maoist leader's wife Subhashrees Panda asserted on Friday that her husband was a revolutionary and not a 'killer' as described by the Odisha Police.

"Why are they not producing him in a court?" Subhasree, also known as Mili Panda, said, in her first reaction over the arrest of Sabyasachi. She claimed her husband's arrest was the first step on the path to his return to the mainstream. "We have been trying to persuade him to join the mainstream for the last two years. I hope his arrest would finally pave the way for his return to mainstream," she said.

Asked whether Sabyasachi surrendered or police arrested on his own, Subhashree said: "He was certainly arrested. This is because a revolutionary cannot surrender." Rejecting DGP Sanjeev Marik's statement that Panda was booked in the killing of 59 people including 25 security personnel, Subhashree said, "The allegations are false, baseless. My husband is not involved in the killing of any human being. Have they videograped or taken picture?".

The Maoist leader's wife also termed the 61 criminal cases against her husband as "fake". "I have a strong hunch that Sabyasachi would be acquitted in all those cases," she said adding that one can find out from the EC that many of the elected MLAs and minsters have murder cases pending against. "If they can become honourable MLAs and even ministers, why not my husband?," she asked.

The Maoist leader's wife also rubbished the police claim of seizure of a pistol, ammunition and half a kg of gold from her husband's possession during his arrest in the Badbazar area of Berhampur town. To a question, Subhashree said she would certainly meet her husband in jail and "fight for justice".
Hmmm..........I guess some "well meaning ngos" will also join in for his cause soon.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles