Sabre-rattling over Iran

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
A to B - I'll kill you if you hit me. Himmat hai to maar k dikha
B to A - I'll kill you if you hit me. Tu haath to lagaa
None of them makes the first move and the blabbering goes on forever .... end of story
:D :D :D

Regards,
Virendra

sandeepdg

Iranian threats have about as much weight as Pakistan saying they will defeat the Taliban.
Exactly. As if the US will shit in its pants from such threats, when they have such substantial hardware based in the Gulf that can single handedly neutralize most threats originating from that region.

"mouth of the Indian Ocean", that would be somewhere near Maldives not the Strait of Hormuz ! I think he meant the mouth of the Arabian Sea. Although, they do have a potential to carry out sabotage type attacks against American assets.

Adux

Country flag
There are no two ways about it, Iran shouldnt be allowed to posses nuclear weapons. Its not good for us, especially in our region.

agentperry

why the hell this stupid world( from KSA to PAKLAND) dont understand that nobody is interested in your parents property, they are interested in what lies underneath. and yes, in your lockers too.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
No, just cowboys.
Questions for you and the other armchair warmongers here (trackwhack and Messiah, maybe others): Have you ever killed a human being? If not, would you like to? If you did, was it such a good experience that you want to kill more?

Do you thinking defending India means praying for opportunities to kill other human beings en masse?

I believe real soldiers don't pray for war.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Questions for you and the other armchair warmongers here (trackwhack and Messiah, maybe others): Have you ever killed a human being? If not, would you like to? If you did, was it such a good experience that you want to kill more?
No, no, and no.

I don't want a war to erupt between Iran and U.S. But since it seems like such a confrontation is inevitable (unfortunately), my full sympathies will lie with the Iranian people and Iranian Armed Forces. Nor will I shed many tears for any U.S. casualties in such a conflict.

Also, there is a difference between soldiers and civilians. Soldiers sign up to fight and possibly die; civilians don't. In my view the death of ten civilians via 'collateral damage' is a far greater tragedy than a hundred soldiers being massacred in an ambush. The wars that America fights don't directly involve American civilians, but they very much affect the civilians of other nations. I don't think that's fair, do you?

Do you thinking defending India means praying for opportunities to kill other human beings en masse?
This has nothing to do with India's defence, at least not directly.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I don't want a war to erupt between Iran and U.S. But since it seems like such a confrontation is inevitable (unfortunately), my full sympathies will lie with the Iranian people and Iranian Armed Forces. Nor will I shed many tears for any U.S. casualties in such a conflict.
If that war is inevitable, the thought I will keep in mind is the hostages taken in 1979. That action by the Iranians was totally outside the pale, and they have never been held accountable.

Also, there is a difference between soldiers and civilians. Soldiers sign up to fight and possibly die; civilians don't. In my view the death of ten civilians via 'collateral damage' is a far greater tragedy than a hundred soldiers being massacred in an ambush. The wars that America fights don't directly involve American civilians, but they very much affect the civilians of other nations. I don't think that's fair, do you?
That's why nobody should want war. It will never be fair, and the innocent will always suffer.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
If that war is inevitable, the thought I will keep in mind is the hostages taken in 1979. That action by the Iranians was totally outside the pale, and they have never been held accountable.
The Hostage Crisis of 1979 was very mild compared to Operation Ajax in 193, when the CIA overthrew Iran's first democratically-elected PM, Mohammed Mossadeq, and reinstated the Shah. That single action by the U.S. completely destroyed Iran's hopes for democracy, leading to two more decades of political repression under the monarchy and thousands of civilians executed, all with the support of the U.S. government and with U.S. weapons. And now, over 50 years later, the West lectures Iran on "democracy" and "human rights" :rolleyes:

I completely understand the Iranian people's actions and frustrations in 1979; they were merely acting against the forces that had oppressed them.

That's why nobody should want war. It will never be fair, and the innocent will always suffer.
And unfortunately, the American people will not be able to stop the Pentagon from carrying out their geopolitical plans. So much for democracy.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
My guess is the same people employed by Savak were killing people for Khomenei.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Going by the antic and statements from Ahmednijad, I for one would be extremely wary of Iran getting Nuclear weapons. If among the countries of the world if only the US has the capabilities and guts to remove the Nuclear option from Iran, I for one will wholeheartedly support it. Enough of the high moral ground that we take against the US. Has not India tried it's hands in Nepal, Sri Lanka.

It is time to grow up and face the reality.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Going by the antic and statements from Ahmednijad, I for one would be extremely wary of Iran getting Nuclear weapons. If among the countries of the world if only the US has the capabilities and guts to remove the Nuclear option from Iran, I for one will wholeheartedly support it. Enough of the high moral ground that we take against the US. Has not India tried it's hands in Nepal, Sri Lanka.

It is time to grow up and face the reality.

You may support it but I'm 100% sure that you're Government will raise heaven and hell in the UN to punish the US for taking actions against Iran. (Obviously, any military action against Iran would be unilateral since Russia and China will veto any resoution for military action.)

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Well after Iraq and Afghanistan, it is time for Iran to go down fighting. I think the prediction of Nostradamus is coming true.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Well after Iraq and Afghanistan, it is time for Iran to go down fighting. I think the prediction of Nostradamus is coming true.
I have read about Nostradamus, I have not read his original writings. Is North Korea alluded to there?

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Hey guys the meaning of Nostradamus prediction is just a joke rather than a comment............

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles