S.African bowler Wayne Parnell converts to Islam

Blackwater

South African fast bowler Wayne Parnell in a statement on Thursday announced his conversion to Islam from Christianity, Times of India reported on Friday.

He has also changed his named to Waleed after his conversion to Islam earlier in January this year.

Parnell confirmed in the statement that he has been studying about Islam and will celebrate his 22nd birthday as a Muslim on Friday.

Parnell said:

"While I have not yet decided on an Islamic name I have considered the name Waleed which means Newborn Son, but for now my name remains Wayne Dillon Parnell. I will continue to respect the team's endorsement of alcoholic beverages. I am playing cricket in Sussex and this is my immediate focus."

The South African cricket team manager, a Muslim by faith, Mohamed Moosajee said that Parnell's Muslim teammates – Hashim Amla and Imran Tahir – did not influence his decision to convert from Christianity.

Moosajee said:

"Wayne already decided a few months ago to follow Islam. The decision to convert was his own decision, but I know nothing of the name change."

Parnell's fellow players, reportedly said they believed that he is very serious about the conversion and had not 'touched a drop of alcohol' ever since he converted to Islam.

He is the second Christian cricketer to have converted to Islam after Pakistan's Yousuf Yohana (now Mohammad Yousuf) in 2006.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

S.African bowler Wayne Parnell converts to Islam – The Express Tribune

Blackwater

In few year Parnell will look like him

before he look like this

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I don't think this "news" would have made "news" if he had converted to any other religion but Islam.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I don't think this "news" would have made "news" if he had converted to any other religion but Islam.
Bitter yet true.

I dont see anything wrong with his decision ? Its his personal life...he can do what he likes.

And blackwater posting standard has gone down again....muslims aren't required to keep a beard unlike blackwaters religion....pot kettle black ? A little knowledge goes a long way.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I think when he calls the press and announces his conversion then the press does cover it, when Julia Roberts announced that she was an Hindu the press covered that as well. If people convert and dont speak of it then it would be unusual for the press to make it a news but when people yell out their new faith then there no point in simply blaming the media for reporting stuff.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
You guys should read the comments below the article on the news site.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
This is not a topic to be debated coz it is his personal choice to which religion he should follow.....

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I think when he calls the press and announces his conversion then the press does cover it, when Julia Roberts announced that she was an Hindu the press covered that as well. If people convert and dont speak of it then it would be unusual for the press to make it a news but when people yell out their new faith then there no point in simply blaming the media for reporting stuff.
Thats because even converting to hinduism is looked down upon among conservative christians.

Blackwater

Bitter yet true.

I dont see anything wrong with his decision ? Its his personal life...he can do what he likes.

And blackwater posting standard has gone down again....muslims aren't required to keep a beard unlike blackwaters religion....pot kettle black ? A little knowledge goes a long way.
Standard???. Calling pakistan a begger is banned in DFI ,posting Islam relating article is banned or are considered low standard. what we supposed to do become MESSIAH like u. is that sufficient to raise the standard???

it was just a news I posted, its your dirty and rotten mind is low standard. Keeping name messiah does not make u one..

Last edited by a moderator:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Standard???. Calling pakistan a begger is banned in DFI ,posting Islam relating article is banned or are considered low standard. what we supposed to do become MESSIAH like u. is that sufficient to raise the standard???
You know very well what you are doing i.e claiming that all muslims have beards.

ofcourse you can bash pakistan all you want...come to sb and we'll sing death to pakistan together but stop posting same thing in every thread.

Blackwater

You know very well what you are doing i.e claiming that all muslims have beards.

ofcourse you can bash pakistan all you want...come to sb and we'll sing death to pakistan together but stop posting same thing in every thread.
Where did i say all muslim have beard. Iam showing u truth that cricket players who become Muslims or got radicalized (inzy)got beard. proof are the pictures. u will see parnell in 2 months will have long beard, i have no problem with that it my guess work,

How this make u feel that u r Messsiah or I insult Islam ??

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
you guys are arguing over an irrelevant point...

Reactions: nrj

Blackwater

Bitter yet true.

You dont know my religion very well. keeping beard is not compulsory in my religion too. A Sikh can be anybody who believes in holy book teachings. You have to keep 5K's if u baptized become khalsa

you ignorant fool

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Where did i say all muslim have beard. Iam showing u truth that cricket players who become Muslims or got radicalized (inzy)got beard. proof are the pictures. u will see parnell in 2 months will have long beard, i have no problem with that it my guess work,

How this make u feel that u r Messsiah or I insult Islam ??
It is not about islam it is about generalizations be it for anything.

why doesn't entire pak and bangladesh teams have beards ? and those that keep beards aren't radicalized but have merely become conservative and there's a difference between the two.

Blackwater

It is not about islam it is about generalizations be it for anything.

why doesn't entire pak and bangladesh teams have beards ? and those that keep beards aren't radicalized but have merely become conservative and there's a difference between the two.
Wait for 2 months lets see who is right or wrong

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
You dont know my religion very well. keeping beard is not compulsory in my religion too. A Sikh can be anybody who believes in holy book teachings. You have to keep 5K's if u baptized become khalsa

you ignorant fool
Didn't Guru Gobind Singh say not to cut hair ?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Wait for 2 months lets see who is right or wrong
and you were the same person in norway thread that was shouting pak terrorist when it clearly wasn't.

it seems you haven't learned anything.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles