S-300PMU-2 command post spotted moving over worli sea face ?

nandu

S-300PMU-2 command post spotted moving over worli sea face ?

BY : AJAY FOR IDRW TEAM

I Found this old pictures in a non defence website (www.team-bhp.com/forum). as soon as i saw the image i knew it was not some army convey moving ,it looked like s-300pmu-2 command post which are are part of the missile contingent of INS Trata based at the Mobile Missile Coastal Battery (MMCB) opposite the Godrej Bayview tower at the northern end of the Worli Seaface. India has bought six S-300 batteries in August 1995 for $1 billion, probably the S-300PMU-2 version, believed to consist of 48 missiles per system. These will most likely be used in the short-range ballistic-missile defence (BMD) role against Pakistan's M-11 missiles. but never they have been spotted in indian media or defence websites , down below is the pictures of

S-300PMU-2 vehicles. From left to right: 64N6E2 detection radar, 54K6E2 command post and 5P85 TEL.

http://idrw.org/?p=1321#more-1321

A.V.

good picture always knew india had the S-300 but never revealed which one and seems Air defence is being well managed now

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Neither it's a bereg coastal artillery system fire control vehicle see below for confirmation

http://milparade.udm.ru/21/75.html

see the characteristic grill on the front of the S-300 series command post vehicles the same is missing from the vehicle on the worli seafront

Last edited:

bhramos

Country flag
it's a bereg coastal artillery system, these were one ugliest machines so they were never got attention.
these are always deployed on sea coasts may be like Mumbai or Gujarat.
India uses TATRA trucks for these S-300's.
India Brought S-300V's first, then Upgraded to S-300PMU-2 to atpresent.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles