Rustom 2/TAPAS/BH-201 MALE UAV News Updates and Discussions

abingdonboy

Country flag

India’s Indigenous Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) developed by DRDO’s Electronics & Radar Development Establishment (LRDE) for Unmanned Aerial vehicle (UAVs) is reportedly progressing well and may be flight tested by end of 2016 or early 2017 from a modified Dornier Do-228 which will act as flying test bed (FTB) for the program said a well-informed sources close to idrw.org .

LRDE’s SAR will be integrated with India’s Rustom-2 which is Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) UAVs at later stages of its development but at present LRDE will be using it on modified Dornier Do-228 dedicated flying test bed in the initial stage of developmental testing and trials .

LRDE’s SAR will be lightweight and feature a modular and open architecture system, which can be configured for a broad range of installations for applications onboard unmanned aircraft. The radar will be able to perform Wide Area Search with very high resolutions for stationary and as well as for moving targets . LRDE is also planning to develop a derivate of this radar for operations from manned reconnaissance aircraft .

LRDE is also reportedly working on Maritime Patrol Airborne Radar for UAVs which also will be used on Maritime variant of Rustom-2 for Indian Navy and will also have Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) imaging feature in them to perform multimode all-weather airborne maritime surveillance and provide a cost-effective force multiplier solution for operational missions in the maritime theatre .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Looks like CVRDE is developing landing gear for Rustom-2. One of the tender says they are developing landing gear for 2 ton UAV. i am assuming it is Rustom 2 and not AURA.

rishivashista13

Country flag
Looks like CVRDE is developing landing gear for Rustom-2. One of the tender says they are developing landing gear for 2 ton UAV. i am assuming it is Rustom 2 and not AURA.
I don't think work project Aura has started . Its only a concept .

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Will it have a Fly-by-wire so that it stays up even if one engine fails? If not, why two engines?

PD_Solo

The only one
Country flag
Hope Rustam 2 wont be just TD after our entry into MTCR. We have to test and deploy UCAV. Therefore all software and testings should be done in Rustam platforms.
Is there any extra score point from buying US drone like adding more teeth to our indigenous one ?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Is there any extra score point from buying US drone like adding more teeth to our indigenous one ?
Its basically done to kill our programme.

Years ago in 1990s we were denied super computers, then we made our own Param they allowed sale for India. We now make all sorts of computers. They tried to stop cryogenic engines, you know rest. Now when we are about to perfect Rustam 2, they offer their UAV.

Dazzler

Its basically done to kill our programme.

Years ago in 1990s we were denied super computers, then we made our own Param they allowed sale for India. We now make all sorts of computers. They tried to stop cryogenic engines, you know rest. Now when we are about to perfect Rustam 2, they offer their UAV.

They offered the unarmed version of predator so comparing it with Rustom is not right. And Rustom still needs a lot of work, which means it will take many years to get operational, if at all.

The program is plagued with several problems.

tsunami

Country flag
And Rustom still needs a lot of work, which means it will take many years to get operational, if at all.
Yeah, DRDO is sending you their annual report right, That is the reason you know exactly how much work Rustom still needs.

It's funny that Porkis come here and credit US, Israel and Russia for every development India does and on the other hand every project which is a little late is because India is not capable.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
DRDO is screwing up RUstom II i suppose. I think Rustom I is a much better platform compared to the Rustom II

Dazzler

Yeah, DRDO is sending you their annual report right, That is the reason you know exactly how much work Rustom still needs.

It's funny that Porkis come here and credit US, Israel and Russia for every development India does and on the other hand every project which is a little late is because India is not capable.
If India was capable, many of your so called indigenous projects would be in active service by now.

tsunami

Country flag
If India was capable, many of your so called indigenous projects would be in active service by now.
Our scientist have developed weapons and systems compare to which Pakistan even import paint for similar system.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles