Russian Nuclear Submarines to Resume World Patrols: Breaking News

pmaitra

Then why does he annoy this Yank? :-D
Simple, those who are truly powerful, and are confident in that knowledge, do not need to go bragging around or shooting off someone else's shoulders.

India is/was treated respectfully by USA (current superpower) and USSR (former superpower), but with much disdain by Pakistan. :D

Empty vessel and sound syndrome!

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
he hates everyone expect usa.

rafale is outdated crap infront of f16 according to asianobserve.

I did not say that. Rafale is outdated compared to 5th gen fighters that are coming on line, this is what I said.

For the record I don't hate Russians, I just hate megalomaniacs like Putin et al., who are, well, megalomaniacs (A psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.). And their submarines, the designs are not really to blame but the upkeep (or lack of it) and the outsized missions that the egotistical and delusional top brass are wanting them to perform when obviously the people and machines are not in the best condition at the moment. It's true we recently bought Su30s from Russia, and they're nice birds for their price (best bang for the buck) but I wouldn't say that they're the best. Of course we reserve our rights to shop for Western birds and other hardwares in the future (we don't have a defense industry that can produce sophisticated weapons like fighters).

pmaitra

I did not say that. Rafale is outdated compared to 5th gen fighters that are coming on line, this is what I said.

For the record I don't hate Russians, I just hate megalomaniacs like Putin et al., who are, well, megalomaniacs (A psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.). And their submarines, the designs are not really to blame but the upkeep (or lack of it) and the outsized missions that the egotistical and delusional top brass are wanting them to perform when obviously the people and machines are not in the best condition at the moment. It's true we recently bought Su30s from Russia, and they're nice birds for their price (best bang for the buck) but I wouldn't say that they're the best. Of course we reserve our rights to shop for Western birds and other hardwares in the future (we don't have a defense industry that can produce sophisticated weapons like fighters).
Very well said. Indeed!

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Guys, please, my apologies if I seem to be too annoying (to Russian lovers), but that is just my position on the current obstructionist Russian leadership. And as far as US goes, it doesn't have my blanket goodwill.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You should love French kit considering your country is being flooded with it. Are you miffed they don't by more Yankee products?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You should love French kit considering your country is being flooded with it. Are you miffed they don't by more Yankee products?
I would love to see the F35 in Malaysian colors but it's the people in KL not in Sabah deciding. But that's okay since there's no need actually for those weapons. OUr closest competitors are Singapore and Indonesia, but we don't have serious rifts despite minor issues every now and then. The ASEAN area is one of the most stable areas anywhere and the most vibrant although Chinese dark clouds are casting an ominous shadow...

French weapons are excellent and very reliable I must admit. The submarine purchase was tainted by scandal though... http://www.malaysia-today.net/index...france&catid=21:special-reports&Itemid=100135. BTW, I have not heard lately of similar issues with American weapons purchases...

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The RMN seems to think there is some threat spending billions on 6 Multi-Mission Combatant Gowinds.
It's ordinary needs for the Straight, regular border patrols, and to some extent, the Spratlys. Like the rest of the ASEAN members, we see a potential flashpoint in the Spratlys, where we also have claims, but not necessarily conflict between ASEAN claimants.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
DCN got out of the graft business in 2001 and Pakistan bombed our workers for not paying. Every deal since has been investigated and cleared. French courts have come down hard on it. American companies have been paying out the arse in bribery scandals. Northrop Grumman has had half a dozen settlements in the last decade. Boeing has a slew of domestic settlements they have paid out screwing US taxpayers on overcharging the USAF, not to mention bribing several foreign airlines. L-3 communications was deeply involved in the biggest bribery scandals in Iraq. The US hasn't sold much to Malaysia in a long time. They have decided to go with France.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
It's ordinary needs for the Straight, regular border patrols, and to some extent, the Spratlys. Like the rest of the ASEAN members, we see a potential flashpoint in the Spratlys, where we also have claims, but not necessarily conflict between ASEAN claimants.
Malaysia is on a serious buildup for such a low threat environment as you claim. The threat is clearly China claiming their EEZ. That is no small threat and they are beefing up with latest French kit.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
it will take russia at least another 50 years to command the same respect as the red navy did.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
armand why are you always hell bent to prove that french military equipments are always the best and that of other countries especially russia is third grade stuff?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
it will take russia at least another 50 years to command the same respect as the red navy did.

Russia may be able to efficiently modernise its navy in the future (how big it'll be is anybody's guess) but its days of military parity with the US in a bipolar World will no longer return. It, to some extent the US, have to share international maritime power with new powers, some will be more powerful than Russia no doubt.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
asianobserve first build a nation that is strong enough to challenge the might of millions residing in the other nations, then have your wet dreams about F35 to counter them.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Russia may be able to efficiently modernise its navy in the future (how big it'll be is anybody's guess) but its days of military parity with the US in a bipolar World will no longer return. It, to some extent the US, have to share international maritime power with new powers, some will be more powerful than Russia no doubt.
My guess is you fancy big mighty omnipotent Malaysia to be one of them "new powers", "more powerful than Russia", eh?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles