Russia's Stealth Fighter Could Match U.S. Jets, Analyst Says

average american

russian stealth fighter pak-fa is not a new design like f-22,j-20, f35.pak-fa.rather it is a evolution of the flanker series.what pakfa lacks in stealth shaping it will make up in superior aerodynamic performance,longer range,better engine than f22 wih 3d tvc and ram coating.
Thats what I keep telling you its a pimped up SU 27, as far as being superior that takes a war to find out. So far I dont think USA has anything to worry about.

binayak95

Country flag
Do you see problem with Russia building an air craft as advanced as F22 or F35 when after spending 5 billion of Indias money they still cant get the engines to work in an aircraft carrier, one that is over 30 years old. D.
Woah! The engiene heating problem was because our navy wanted to use so called insulation bricks that were made in China instead of using tried and tested asbestos as the Russians wanted to.

average american

Woah! The engiene heating problem was because our navy wanted to use so called insulation bricks that were made in China instead of using tried and tested asbestos as the Russians wanted to.
Dont you think if Russia is all that advanced they should have been able to tell India it wont work. What if India says we want the PAK FA done this way and it wont fly.

Austin

Its not about advanced or low tech , some stuff can be tested only during sea trials where you can run your engine in full power for long time and can put the ship through its paces where things break and its rectified .... Asbestos was a proven comodity and bricks were not tried ones so it gave off when things went hot.

Never mind things got delayed due to it which is bad but then shit happens ..IN has calculated some reserve time if trials shows problems

binayak95

Country flag
Dont you think if Russia is all that advanced they should have been able to tell India it wont work. What if India says we want the PAK FA done this way and it wont fly.
look, you have to admit that the Russians know their fighter planes. Look at the SU-27 family!! A Su 30mki costs $29.3 million but the F-15k costs $100 million. Does that mean that F-15k is five times better?

Last edited:

average american

look, you have to admit that the Russians know their fighter planes. Look at the SU-27 family!! A Su 30mki costs $29.3 million but the F-15k costs $100 million. Does that mean that F-15k is five times better?
If you mean an F15 the Kill Ratio is 105 to 0,, that makes it 105 times better. F-15 Eagle tribute - YouTube

If you mean an F22, cant speak for the SU27 Family but looks good so far
"Operation red Flag During Exercise Northern Edge in Alaska in June 2006, 12 F-22s of the 94th FS downed 108 adversaries with no losses in simulated combat exercises. In two weeks of exercises, the Raptor-led Blue Force amassed 241 kills against two losses in air-to-air combat, and neither Blue Force loss was an F-22. " That makes it 144 times better.

The Real F-22 Raptor- A High Flying Masterpeice 2.0 - YouTube
F-22 144:0 kill ratio over Eurofighters, Mig-35, F15, and F-16 at Red Flag?

We dont sell the F22 to any country.

No offense but If I look at the kill rate of Russian planes what would make me think Russia knows their fighter planes, if I look at the safety rate of Russia planes what would give me any confindance in Russian aviation of any kind. http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/...k-42-plane-crash/story-e6frfq80-1226132806898

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

binayak95

Country flag
No offense but If I look at the kill rate of Russian planes what would make me think Russia knows their fighter planes, if I look at the safety rate of Russia planes what would give me any confindance in Russian aviation of any kind. Russia most dangerous place to fly after Yak-42 plane crash | News.com.au

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Russian fighters have a mixed record in maintenance and air worthiness. The Indian Air Force has a solid record with our aircraft but the Iraqis could hardly get any flight hours from their mig 29s. It depends on the proficiency of ground crews

average american

Russian fighters have a mixed record in maintenance and air worthiness. The Indian Air Force has a solid record with our aircraft but the Iraqis could hardly get any flight hours from their mig 29s. It depends on the proficiency of ground crews
Are you out of your mind, Reality Check India has the worse record in the world for crashed aircraft, 1000 crashed migs alone, flying coffins, where in the world do you all come up with "The Indian Air Force has a solid record with out aircraft."

average american

Airborne Ray Guns For The Fleet

July 6, 2006: The U.S. Navy has puts its first ray-gun equipped fighters into service. OK, that's a slight exaggeration, but does accurately describe the new APG-79 Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar being installed in carrier based F-18Fs. AESA systems consist of thousands of tiny radars that can be independently aimed in different directions. This makes it possible, for a sufficiently powerful AESA radar, to focus enough energy to damage aircraft or missiles. The U.S. has already been doing this with the high-powered microwave (HPM) effects generated by similar AESA radars used in F14, F35 and F22 aircraft.

Â

AESA type radars have been around a long time, popular mainly for their ability deal with lots of targets simultaneously. But AESA is also able to focus a concentrated beam of radio energy that could scramble electronic components of a distant target. Sort of like the EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) put out by nuclear weapons. AESA has demonstrated that it can disable missiles and aircraft. Ballistic missiles are another story, as they are sturdier (to handle re-entry stress) and have fewer electronics to mess with.Â

Â

In addition to AESA radars installed in newly built F-18s, over a hundred older F-18s will have the APG-79 radar installed. It will take about seven years to get some 400 AESA equipped F-18Fs into service. While the main reason for using AESA is to better track separate targets simultaneously, and with better accuracy, the navy, like the air force, is intent on improving and exploiting the ray-gun aspect of this radar as well.

From what I hear you wont believe what the F22 and F35s can do with there AESA.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
@average american

You are failing to grasp an important techological and economical factor here.
When a technology is new, it costs a lot more as it has to make up for all the funds invested in R&D. However, within a short time, this technology spreads and as it becomes easier to manufacture components and proven technology is used, the cost also comes down.

An example is that when touch screen displays were first launched, they were really expensive but now, you get a touch screen more easily and at lesser prices. This is why Apple is losing the touchscreen smartphone market to Samsung where it had a huge lead.

The concepts of stealth are not new. Use of stealth shaping, RAM and LPI radars is also known to Russians and many other countries but most of them don't have the manufacturing base to make required quality of components. You have to understand that the F-22 was inducted 12-15 years ago and it is not surprising to imagine something at par with F-22 (initial model) after 15 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

tharikiran

Country flag
I think we should give the Russians the benefit of doubt.It was a Russian who came out with the basic formulas regarding stealth in a book which was taken up by the Americans.Everyone knows the mathematical formulas. It's out in the open.Yes, visually to me the F22 looks more stealthy than it's Russian counterpart.But what we know today is, stealth doesn't mean the plane becomes completely invisible.The Russians know this and that's why they always insist on a fighter which is good at dog fighting because this whole BVR thing may fail due to unforeseen XYZ scenarios.And I believe you all will agree with that.We should give credit to the Russians for sticking to the fundamentals of a good fighter i.e, should have a gun and should be manoeuvrable. AESA radar, BVR missiles and all that is good but the basics of the plane needs to be better because there is always a chance of the fighter ending up in a dogfight.Just like the F22, the PAKFA also gets its scale model checked for its radar signature.Russians did not use a S shaped duct for PAKFA and this becomes a huge discussion point. Can someone in their right mind tell me that the Russians don't know about making S shaped ducts.

average american

I keep looking at the big picture I was all over the USSR in the 80s and I saw how backward their technology was then, and when you add what happen after the USSR broke up and the recruitment of their scientist by the west, and when you add in the 1/75 th as much spent on research and development you have to reach the conclusion that Russia could not built something as advanced as a 5th generation aircraft.

tharikiran

Country flag
I don't know what you guys think of Russia, but this internet age has changed something for Russia. They have good coders/programmers.They have access to information and internet and computers just like everyone else. Their oil exports have definitely helped.They were definitely lagging behind. But just look at that MIG29K or MIG35 cockpit. It's/avionics as good as any western counterpart.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
@average american

If you are an example of intelligence of an average american, no wonder USA is such dire state now.

just trolling

average american

@average american

If you are an example of intelligence of an average american, no wonder USA is such dire state now.

You know there comes a time in some arguments—a time of futility—where I find myself tempted to make absurd statements (and defend them) to amuse myself. The big problem is that arguing effectively with a fool can be hard work with little or no reward. It's easy to toss out some ridiculous assertion and see if it sticks, but it can be hard to gather up all the evidence necessary to really bury it. And when you're done, is the fool enlightened? It is the nature of fools that enlightenment does not reach them.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
@average american

You know there comes a time in some arguments—a time of futility—where I find myself tempted to make absurd statements (and defend them) to amuse myself. The big problem is that arguing effectively with a fool can be hard work with little or no reward. It's easy to toss out some ridiculous assertion and see if it sticks, but it can be hard to gather up all the evidence necessary to really bury it. And when you're done, is the fool enlightened? It is the nature of fools that enlightenment does not reach them.
Ditto. Then you have seen the light and have seen yourself. But you are wrong, the first step of enlightenment of fool is that he understands that he is indeed a fool, and then he is fool no longer. Since you have understood that you are a fool, you have reached the first step. Come now, don't dither. Make another step up, and sooner than you realise you'll free yourself of the burden of this foolishness. Come on, do it, everyone here knows you can do it!!!!!!!

trolling again!!! :taunt::p

average american

Ditto. Then you have seen the light and have seen yourself. But you are wrong, the first step of enlightenment of fool is that he understands that he is indeed a fool, and then he is fool no longer. Since you have understood that you are a fool, you have reached the first step. Come now, don't dither. Make another step up, and sooner than you realise you'll free yourself of the burden of this foolishness. Come on, do it, everyone here knows you can do it!!!!!!!

trolling again!!! :taunt::p
Is it time to bring up Average IQ India again. ?????

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
@jackprince why do you argue with this average american? He deserves your pity, not your opinion of him being a fool or not. Just look at his arguments throughout this thread. He is the epitome of ignorance.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Is it time to bring up Average IQ India again. ?????
That is why you americans recruit students from IIT's into NASA. 60 percent of NASA is comprised of Indians. The stealth technology, the paint which absorbs the rays was designed by an Indian. This shows our IQ. You americans are LAZZY people. This is why you outsource your work to countries like India and China and the other reason is that because you do not work for less wages as the work you do is less and the your demand for money is more......

If americans have more IQ than Indians then why do you outsource your work to India and China and why do you recruit our youth from IIT's. Stop recruiting Indians and then talk your rubbish. And don't beg for DEFENCE EQUIPMENT deals with India. You are trying to loot the hard earned money of the INDIAN TAX PAYER for some decade old stuff of yours.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles