Russia's MiG starts new batch of fighters for Indian Navy

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
ahh so now my comments are baseless,but what about that average I.Q. dude who was claiming that India lost the Kargil war and suffered far more casualties than what it showed to the world without any authentic proof.now as you have already stated in the above post that "we should encourage truthfulness or at leasr our statements must have verifiable basis in this forum so that we can maintain a high degree of intellectual honesty,for a good conversation",so does this apply to everyone including that average dude!
Then he should be equally censured. I think there should be a policy against blatantly baseless claims. Mods!

BTW, I did not follow your previous exchanges, I just saw your comment on the 500,000 undeclared American Vietnam War casualties.

average american

ahh so now my comments are baseless,but what about that average I.Q. dude who was claiming that India lost the Kargil war and suffered far more casualties than what it showed to the world without any authentic proof.now as you have already stated in the above post that "we should encourage truthfulness or at leasr our statements must have verifiable basis in this forum so that we can maintain a high degree of intellectual honesty,for a good conversation",so does this apply to everyone including that average dude!
What I said was a response to a comment that Pakistan did not report all their casulities was "

I am sure Pakistans estimates of Indians that got killed is a lot higher also..... "

and I dont really care who won the Kargill war, was just pointing out that even among the Indian Military Generals involved in the conflict their was differances of opinions with out considering how much the Pakistanis were outnumbered and out gunned Pakistan was, Suggest we get back on the subject of Russian Junk I mean aircraft.

prestigiousindian

When the concept of stealth was first developed the USA even though its planes were getting kill ratios of 100 to 1, 100 to 3 or 4, we thought the USSR would remain intact and build advanced planes and even more advanced air defenses. While the USA went on spend countless billions to develope revolutionairy new air craft such as the F22 and F35, B2,, Stealth Drones the USSR actually collapsed and its technology and aircraft industry actually regressed so here the USA ended up with the F22 and F35 which is 50 years ahead of the current Russian aircraft and will still be 25 years ahead of the PAK FA and T50..... now while the Russians cant even get spare parts for their current planes and India has had to resort to buying them on the open market the USA has developed a unparrelled systems of logistics and maintance. But even with the ultra modern advanced air crafts the USA developed battlefield doctrine and comand and control to a space age level that no other country can even comprehend.
Since when you became an expert in Russian Tech ?? Remember how you got your rocket tech ?? Dont just bluff... What is the condition of the F-22 flying Coffin ??
What is the condition of the F-35 ?? Revolutionary aircraft, thats been grounded for more time than it flew ?? Ha ha ha

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
When the concept of stealth was first developed the USA even though its planes were getting kill ratios of 100 to 1, 100 to 3 or 4, we thought the USSR would remain intact and build advanced planes and even more advanced air defenses. While the USA went on spend countless billions to develope revolutionairy new air craft such as the F22 and F35, B2,, Stealth Drones the USSR actually collapsed and its technology and aircraft industry actually regressed so here the USA ended up with the F22 and F35 which is 50 years ahead of the current Russian aircraft and will still be 25 years ahead of the PAK FA and T50..... now while the Russians cant even get spare parts for their current planes and India has had to resort to buying them on the open market the USA has developed a unparrelled systems of logistics and maintance. But even with the ultra modern advanced air crafts the USA developed battlefield doctrine and comand and control to a space age level that no other country can even comprehend.
Are you joking? Did you know when the concept of stealth took birth in US? It was soon after the Vietnam war the Americans gauged that they lost more aircrafts to SAM systems when compared to the aircrafts flying and so they needed few things...and thus came the birth of EW aircrafts, AWACS, and Stealth. Stealth was something which was very conceptual and wasnt proven.

The Dismal performance of the A6 and the F105 Thunderchief prompted them to make an aircraft that could sneak under the radars of the enemy. The Europeans took the route of low-flying and the Americans took the route of stealth, thus emerged two aircrafts during the 70s namely the Anglo-French Jaguar and the F117 Nighthawk. And the Americans also did not stop with that and made the B2 Spirit bomber.

After studying the advantages of stealth in the battlefield those were also incorporated in the Air superiority aircrafts giving birth to the F 22 and the F 35.

You can read about the birth of the F 117 Nighthawk during the 70s.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Are you joking? Did you know when the concept of stealth took birth in US? It was soon after the Vietnam war the Americans gauged that they lost more aircrafts to SAM systems when compared to the aircrafts flying and so they needed few things...and thus came the birth of EW aircrafts, AWACS, and Stealth. Stealth was something which was very conceptual and wasnt proven.

This is not accurate. In the US the first effort at developing a stealthy aircraft through shaping and radar absorbing materials was the A12 in the 50s. This is the supposed successor of U2 and which later came to be popularly known as the Blackbird.

nishantgupta

USA ended up with the F22 and F35 which is 50 years ahead of the current Russian aircraft and will still be 25 years ahead of the PAK FA and T50.....
Shows your HUGE incapability in understanding anything non-American...or maybe pro-Indian. Any American with even an inkling of idea will never make such a statement when American portals are full of facts to show that an F-35 will not be able to stand in a 1-1 fight with a PAK-FA.

now while the Russians cant even get spare parts for their current planes and India has had to resort to buying them on the open market the USA has developed a unparrelled systems of logistics and maintance. But even with the ultra modern advanced air crafts the USA developed battlefield doctrine and comand and control to a space age level that no other country can even comprehend.
But now everyone is catching up and that is what is scaring US into searching for new strategic partners like India.

January 5, 2013: The Indian Navy made public its efforts to get critical (but unnamed) replacement parts for the nuclear submarine (INS Chakra) it received from Russia last January. India has often had problems getting parts or other forms of service for Russian weapons. The Indians are no longer inclined to play nice with the Russians on these matters. President Putin of Russia promised to sort this out quickly.
Submarines: The Curse Continues

Interesting isnt it,,,,The lease arrangement has India paying $178,000 a day, for ten years, for use of the sub but India cant operate the sub, or cant operate it properly safely because of a lack of spare parts.
The FACT which I think you will agree with is that Indian sailors needed experience in running a nuclear submarine which Russia was willing to provide (at a cost obviously). USA will never ever lease a nuclear submarine to anyone...least of all India.

Again, you quoted my post but had absolutely no connection to what I had typed. Tonnes of links but not a single one to show that the fight between an American plane and another plane was that of equals in technology. Felt like asking the admins to mark your post as spam but then felt like making sure that the senseless rant gets answered at least once.... Please refrain from quoting for no reason. Will also suggest you use the flag of your nationality and not of the nation in whose favor you are speaking. (Maybe because your own nation has nothing to really favor)

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
This is not accurate. In the US the first effort at developing a stealthy aircraft through shaping and radar absorbing materials was the A12 in the 50s. This is the supposed successor of U2 and which later came to be popularly known as the Blackbird.
Was talking about stealth in combat aircrafts...not in Recon or bombers.....

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Was talking about stealth in combat aircrafts...not in Recon or bombers.....

You were rather general in your previous statement. In any case, you cannot separate the efforts in A12 and later stealth projects. In the first place only one company handles the early developments of stealth technology in the US, Lockheed Martin. Note also that the next stealthy aircraft of the US was not a fighter but a bomber, the F117. The need for the this aircraft arose from the lessons of Vietnam War.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
What I said was a response to a comment that Pakistan did not report all their casulities was "
But what is untruth about that statement?

Pakistan calims they were never soldiers.

Pakistan refused to accept the dead bodies of their soldiers.
Pakistan then siad that those of were Para Military force of NLI.
Now it is claimed by Them that there were Battalions of Baloch Regiment and FF Regiments along with large artillary Force.
Even today, Pakistan has not published official casulties figures and many soldiers are not accounted for.

Many generals say that out of about 4000 soldiers more than 1600 were acsulties.... wow more than one third written off on unforgiving mountains where there are not even vultures to eat up their Sadqa.

All the above is as per statements of Pakistani generals involved in Kargil Fiasco. I can give references. Siana mat Ban.

I am sure Pakistans estimates of Indians that got killed is a lot higher also..... "
let it be ...good that they never come to realities. Good that they keep thinking about infalliablity of their Jehadi soldiers. Then in real battle they fall like a pack of cards and die in disbelief that Yindoo Kafirs can ever kill them.

and I dont really care who won the Kargill war, was just pointing out that even among the Indian Military Generals involved in the conflict their was differances of opinions with out considering how much the Pakistanis were outnumbered and out gunned Pakistan was, Suggest we get back on the subject of Russian Junk I mean aircraft.
Aise thore chor denge tujhe.

Then do not waste your and others time. Are you trolling ?

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
You were rather general in your previous statement. In any case, you cannot separate the efforts in A12 and later stealth projects. In the first place only one company handles the early developments of stealth technology in the US, Lockheed Martin. Note also that the next stealthy aircraft of the US was not a fighter but a bomber, the F117. The need for the this aircraft arose from the lessons of Vietnam War.
I rather call the Nighthawk a DPSA.

mikhail

Country flag
what is DPSA?

please explain.....
i think DPSA means Deep Penetrating Stealth Aircraft.now if we are talking about the Nighthawk then the Yankees built it to be their premium deep penetration strike aircraft and for that they needed something stealthy to defeat enemy radars and their air defence systems.
The F-117 is shaped to deflect radar signals and is about the size of an F-15 Eagle. The single-seat Nighthawk is powered by two non-afterburning General Electric F404 turbofan engines, and has quadruple-redundant fly-by-wire flight controls. It is air refuelable. To lower development costs, the avionics, fly-by-wire systems, and other parts are derived from the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon, McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet and McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle. The parts were originally described as spares on budgets for these aircraft, to keep the F-117 project secret.
The F-117 Nighthawk has a radar signature of about 0.025 m2 (0.269 sq ft).[32] Among the penalties for stealth are lower engine power thrust, due to losses in the inlet and outlet, a very low wing aspect ratio, and a high sweep angle (50°) needed to deflect incoming radar waves to the sides.[33] With these design considerations and no afterburner, the F-117 is limited to subsonic speeds.
The F-117A is equipped with sophisticated navigation and attack systems integrated into a digital avionics suite. It carries no radar, which lowers emissions and cross-section. It navigates primarily by GPS and high-accuracy inertial navigation. Missions are coordinated by an automated planning system that can automatically perform all aspects of an attack mission, including weapons release. Targets are acquired by a thermal imaging infrared system, slaved to a laser that finds the range and designates targets for laser-guided bombs. The F-117A's split internal bay can carry 5,000 lb (2,300 kg) of ordnance. Typical weapons are a pair of GBU-10, GBU-12, or GBU-27 laser-guided bombs, two BLU-109 penetration bombs, or two Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAMs), a GPS/INS guided stand-off bomb.
The F-117A's faceted shape (made from 2-dimensional flat surfaces) resulted from the limitations of the 1970s-era computer technology used to calculate its radar cross-section. Later supercomputers made it possible for subsequent planes like the B-2 bomber to use curved surfaces while staying stealthy, through the use of far more computational resources to do the additional calculations needed.
Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Austin

Indian Navy mainstay Fighter Mig-29K

[video=youtube_share;TqeG0jcES6s]http://youtu.be/TqeG0jcES6s[/video]

Global Defence

New threads

Articles