Russia world's most educated country

Country flag
Russia world's most educated country: Report

Moscow, Sep 12 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russia has topped a list of the world's most educated countries, according to a new report that analysed education systems all over the globe.
According to the "Education at a Glance 2012" report by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), 54 percent of Russians aged 25-64 hold academic degrees.
Russia, which is not an OECD member, is followed by Canada (51 percent), Israel (46 percent), Japan (45 percent) and the US (42 percent).
The report analysed the education systems of the 34 OECD member countries, and those of Russia, Argentina, Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia and South Africa.
--IANS/RIA Novosti

average american

Russia world's most educated country: Report

Moscow, Sep 12 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russia has topped a list of the world's most educated countries, according to a new report that analysed education systems all over the globe.
According to the "Education at a Glance 2012" report by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), 54 percent of Russians aged 25-64 hold academic degrees.
Russia, which is not an OECD member, is followed by Canada (51 percent), Israel (46 percent), Japan (45 percent) and the US (42 percent).
The report analysed the education systems of the 34 OECD member countries, and those of Russia, Argentina, Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia and South Africa.
--IANS/RIA Novosti
Been hearing that kind of stuff all my life when they put a car on Mars, that they can operate for two years from earth come back and talk to me.....

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I don't think I have slept with one Russian woman that didn't have a university degree. :hail:

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Higher education, it is a yet not mortgage of success. Yes, for us many to the young people which has higher education, but they are very difficult after an university to settle down on work, because "working" specialities - builders, turners, locksmiths are needed. And because for us entered the Bologna system,, they except for the specialization nothing is known.

average american

Hahah! and do you think that the Curiosity itself is all American, don't you? Now we know why US is not at the top of the list.
I know indians did not have as much to do with it as they think they did,,, not that I want to bust their bubble....But it is American but you have to be an american to understand what that means.

America is a country that draws people from all parts of the world - people of all colors, creeds and religions and finds a way to harness their talent and build a kind of universal dream. By gathering the best and the brightist Americans accomplishments astound the world in space, science, military, and medicine. More people have come to the USA from other countries and been awarded more nobel prizes then they have been award to their home countries. Examples only one Indian has been awarded a nobel prizes for science in India but six have been awarded nobel prizes for science in the USA. No Chinese has ever been awarded a Nobel Prize for Science in China but eight Chinese have been awarded Nobel Prize for Science in the USA. the average IQ of an Indian in India is 81, the average I Q of an Indian emigrant to the USA is 115.

Blackwater

what a bullshit. Scandinavian countries are the most educated

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
I know indians did not have as much to do with it as they think they did,,, not that I want to bust their bubble....But it is American but you have to be an american to understand what that means.

America is a country that draws people from all parts of the world - people of all colors, creeds and religions and finds a way to harness their talent and build a kind of universal dream. By gathering the best and the brightist Americans accomplishments astound the world in space, science, military, and medicine. More people have come to the USA from other countries and been awarded more nobel prizes then they have been award to their home countries. Examples only one Indian has been awarded a nobel prizes for science in India but six have been awarded nobel prizes for science in the USA. No Chinese has ever been awarded a Nobel Prize for Science in China but eight Chinese have been awarded Nobel Prize for Science in the USA. the average IQ of an Indian in India is 81, the average I Q of an Indian emigrant to the USA is 115.
Only proves that Americans themselves, the ones who were/are born in the US were/are not so good at things as they would like to think they are. Basically what you are saying loosely translates to, America has outsourced all its duties of excelling in various fields to -- Immigrants. Which is correct, which was my point, in the first place.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
what a bullshit. Scandinavian countries are the most educated
Even if you are not right, however in it is still in the standard of living in Russia and Ukraine, to keep pace with the Scandinavians, all the same as the turtle for ostrich.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Only proves that Americans themselves, the ones who were/are born in the US were/are not so good at things as they would like to think they are. Basically what you are saying loosely translates to, America has outsourced all its duties of excelling in various fields to -- Immigrants. Which is correct, which was my point, in the first place.

You have really failed to grasp their genius. It is their ability to find deficiencies within itself and find solutions outside makes them inherently efficient as a country compared to other countries. Note that there has been a survey that shows Russians have the highest number of degree holders. But as a country where is Russia?

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Note that there has been a survey that shows Russians have the highest number of degree holders. But as a country where is Russia?
That is true. There is no refuting that. However, no bombs fell on USA during WW1 or WW2. The country did not lose 1 in every 5 people, the country did not suffer the ravages of communism(agree that the Russians themselves are to blame for this), the country was not divided into many. So, it would be nice to see how the US would have coped and come out from something like that. IMHO, USA has been one of the most hard-working and also one of the most fortunate countries in the world. But yes, they deserve every bit of that fortune. It's just that USA after the fall of the USSR has been a piece of s***t.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
That is true. There is no refuting that. However, no bombs fell on USA during WW1 or WW2. The country did not lose 1 in every 5 people, the country did not suffer the ravages of communism(agree that the Russians themselves are to blame for this), the country was not divided into many. So, it would be nice to see how the US would have coped and come out from something like that. IMHO, USA has been one of the most hard-working and also one of the most fortunate countries in the world. But yes, they deserve every bit of that fortune. It's just that USA after the fall of the USSR has been a piece of s***t.
Words Your are faithful, after an exception. .. communism. . For 20 years 1918-38 a country became a leading player after the USA. For 20 years 1945-65 country cured the wounds of the most frightful war. And what was done by modern Russia and Ukraine for 20 years 1991-2011?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
That is true. There is no refuting that. However, no bombs fell on USA during WW1 or WW2. The country did not lose 1 in every 5 people, the country did not suffer the ravages of communism(agree that the Russians themselves are to blame for this), the country was not divided into many.
You could be referring to Canada or Australia, although admittedly some Japanese bombs did fall on the latter (without serious and widespread damage to that country though). But one might ask, why did Canada and Australia not achieve as much as the USA?

aerokan

Country flag
You could be referring to Canada or Australia, although admittedly some Japanese bombs did fall on the latter (without serious and widespread damage to that country though). But one might ask, why did Canada and Australia not achieve as much as the USA?
because they can't print american dollars which is the reserve currency not backed by anything?? :confused:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
because they can't print american dollars which is the reserve currency not backed by anything?? :confused:
Is that all? How in the first place did it come to a point that the Americans can just print the US dollar for the World? Ah I forgot, the World was held at gun point by American cowboys... :rolleyes:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles