Russia to develop a second 5G bird besides PAK-FA

Minghegy

,俄罗斯将在与印度共同研制第五代战机的同时自行打造类的飞机。
伊万诺夫说:"我们不会将这个项目搁浅。我们将会平行进行。"

Russia will develop its own fighter at the same time of cooperating with India for 5th-G fighter.
Ivanov said: We are not going to abandon this project, the two projects will be in parallel.

EagleOne

wasnt he talking about t-50 and pak fa both are different & it is said it completed its trails (t-50 completed its trails )

Last edited:

captonjohn

Country flag
This news doesn't sound generic and lack in any authentic reference. Russia has no money to invest on such a big project, that's why India partnered in PAK-FA to codevelop it. We must focus on AMCA because it is going to be backbone of IAF in future.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Anyway, I think PAK-FA still is the best (or only) choice for India, they can teach you how to design fighter, only Russia can offer this to India.
Just like they taught you how to design J-5( or i call it Mig-17), J-7(or i call it Mig-21) and J-11B(or i call it Su-27). Russia is the teacher of two students, one makes use of notebooks before examinations while one makes best use of notebook during examination.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
,俄罗斯将在与印度共同研制第五代战机的同时自行打造类的飞机。
伊万诺夫说:"我们不会将这个项目搁浅。我们将会平行进行。"

Russia will develop its own fighter at the same time of cooperating with India for 5th-G fighter.
Ivanov said: We are not going to abandon this project, the two projects will be in parallel.
Lots of mistake..
Russian is not producing a fighter for himself but probably launching MIG LMFS..
Its the answer to US F-35, India is involve with AMCA probably..

BunBunCake

That is really no good. It is just like first they got our money, and now they marry a second wife.
That's not the context here. If that's the case, they have the the right so since India's also developing it's own AMCA.

How is the dignity and integrity is the Russian when comes to using our funds?
They aren't using our PAK-FA/FGFA funds for this unknown project.

We must starts auditing, check each and every single cents that they are using, and all expanses must be accounted for!:angry_10:
Buddy those are accounted for, the government of India doesn't provide funds to "Government of Russia" for it to allocate on anything it wants.

I don't think there is any such project and any way why should we worry about it Russia will sell it neither to China nor Pakistan
Pakistan? rofl.
Russia can try to sell it to China/ will most likely, but if China buys it, it's just a humiliation for China because it said it could make a better product than PAK-FA + their J-20 will be inducted. If it buys PAKFA then, it means the J-20 is inferior to PAKFA.

p2prada

PAKFA or FGFA is primarily an air superiority fighter. The second 5th gen aircraft would be a medium multirole fighter with advanced avionics meant for SEADs. It does not take a genius to guess which fighter will be superior?

If the FGFA is truly VLO, then we have an awesome deal. We handle SEADs with Israeli stuff anyway. So, we have Russian maneuverability with American/Israeli SEADs equipment. A winning combination.

Illusive

Country flag
Pak fa/FGFA is a learning curve for both countries to develop better 5G fighters in the future. Just like there are 4.5G planes now, there would be for 5G's too. The Russians won't complaint about AMCA, why should we if there is any such project.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles