Russia to develop a second 5G bird besides PAK-FA

badguy2000

Respected Member
news from Russia

Russian's vice PM Sergai. Ivanov said that Russia is to develope a second 5G bird, beside PAK-FA.

According to Ivonov's word, the second 5G bird might be more high-end than PAK-FA and not for export!

http://rusnews.cn/eguoxinwen/eluosi_anquan/20101126/42933125.html

俄新网RUSNEWS.CN莫斯科11月25日电 俄罗斯副总理谢尔盖·伊万诺夫今天透露,俄罗斯将在与印度共同研制第五代战机的同时自行打造类的飞机。

伊万诺夫说:"我们不会将这个项目搁浅。我们将会平行进行。"

他指出,俄国防出口公司和"苏霍伊"å…¬å¸12月份计划于印度政府签署为俄印两国空军研制的第五代战机设计合同。

伊万诺夫说,俄罗斯将继续试验自己研制的类似的战机。

11月初,俄罗斯执行研制的战机已经完成飞行36次。试验过程中对该款战绩的主要部件和性能进行研究。

伊万诺夫说:"暂时还未发现有严重的缺陷。"

Crusader53

news from Russia

Russian's vice PM Sergai. Ivanov said that Russia is to develope a second 5G bird, beside PAK-FA.

According to Ivonov's word, the second 5G bird might be more high-end than PAK-FA and not for export!

I wonder how India would take such a development?

Rahul92

well it may be hardly on drawing boards and the Russian president still yet to visit India so we have nothing to worry

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Is this the Mikoyan project?

It might be a "low-end" complement to the PAKFA, just as the MiG-29 was a low-end complement to the Su-27.

plugwater

This is just Pak-fa single seater which is different from Indo-Russian twin seater FGFA..

chex3009

Country flag
news from Russia

IMO this would be nothing but the modified version of PAK-FA, whatever they say. Just like India's modifying and getting the end result in the name of FGFA, Russian version would be similar in modifications aspect. Nothing more, i guess.

Minghegy

China's next next generation fighter may have maneuvering engines (steam? rocket?) to dodge incoming missile with high overload, and variable inlet to fit different speed mission, two versions manned and unmanned.

Last edited:
Country flag
They will not be able to finance development of a second fifth gen plane when India more or less saved the whole PAKFA project by providing financing,at one time Russians wanted Brazil involved because they had no money to develop this on their own.

p2prada

Old news. Work is going on and I believe Sukhoi is involved rather than Mikoyan.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Why cant this happen?...bring in Brazil instead of India. There are lot of other countries that can shell out the cash for something that is more capable than the F-16/ F18s. you got Malyasia, Indonesia and Korea doing a FGFA project called KF-X. You got, Venezuela, Egypt, and Iran ready to shell out the money for a project like that.

It is easily possible for Russia to pull this out.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
I feel this new fifth generation fighter will be based on PAK-FA but it can be small and might feature classified technology both in electronics and material. Like civfanatic, i also don't think the new 5G fighter will look racially different from PAK-FA. Though i can be wrong if Russia military aviation had secretly dumped super maneuverability.

I wonder how India would take such a development?
I know how Japan took similar from US by starting development of ATD-X. Expect similar response from Bharat and hints are already floating in the form of project AMCA. BTW Russia has every right build special, unshared, best in the world for its military

Rahul92

Why cant this happen?...bring in Brazil instead of India. There are lot of other countries that can shell out the cash for something that is more capable than the F-16/ F18s. you got Malyasia, Indonesia and Korea doing a FGFA project called KF-X. You got, Venezuela, Egypt, and Iran ready to shell out the money for a project like that.

It is easily possible for Russia to pull this out.
well u really think those countries can make 5 th generation plane not even in dreams

badguy2000

Respected Member
well, If Russia really is to develope a second 5G project for Russian airforce only, T50 might prove to be just a joint low-end bird for export only,just like joint JF17!

Rahul92

entire universe knows wat type of quality chinese products have

Rahul92

those are purchased by RIL there is nothing to do with india

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
There is no money for the more defence projects, they also have to invest in a lot of other military research and development, and technology that can earn profits will be on offer to many nations around the world.

The next program may well be a Bomber/UCAV to continue with the structure of the russian air force and the 5th gen structure.

well, If Russia really is to develope a second 5G project for Russian airforce only, T50 might prove to be just a joint low-end bird for export only,just like joint JF17!
The specifications, a low end bird would have concentrated on replacing the Mig-29s role in their air force structure, the PAK-FA is a heavy bird, meant for replacing the Su-27s.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles