Russia Seeks to Reopen Military Bases in Vietnam and Cuba

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
tell me which russian equipment you are calling a crap ?....remember cope 2004 ,2005...

and would you , or the dad of your friend provide any other option under the cost that indian budget allocate to defence purchases..?

mig29 , was the only fighter at the time of kargil to have BVR.....and after just one lock ,PAF decided not to take part in 1998 , .....and pakistan able to get it after 10 years...mirage get it after paying almost 40m$ per plane upgrade , just resently.....

MKI , is still the best we have in 4.5 G catagery , ...remember garuda2016..

tell me which countery will give you a nuclear sub on lease..?

which countery offered you to sell a crayogenic engine when we do not have our own...
air refueling tanker , we still not able to purchase , why , because now we want to purchase a westen one , but can' t afford it......rafale , we just bought 36...

russian defence budget is equal to that of india , and its realy remarkable that they able to achive so much under their limited resources and they always gives us the best they have ...

and for those , who are fond of west /US...

javline , which they are offering is just 2.5 km range....f16/f18 , radar range they offerd under mmrca was just 130km , almost half that they actually had...after almost 10 years of nuclear deal with US , no purchases are made , because the terms & conditions are too hash and cost is too high...

i can go on and on and on......

but to cut long story short , .....we can only buy which we can afford and match our requirments , not the one which fall short on our actual needs but still cost almost 2.5 times , dispite having a better quality ....
To clarify I'm not calling all Russian hardware crap. The General was saying that there was a blanket mandate to buy Russian stuff even though in some specific cases Army wanted something else. I can't get into specifics - even though uncle is retired and living in America now I doubt he'll want to get involved in a controversy. As for budget, you do know that Indian Army has a record of being unable to spend the allocated budget due to hurdles by babus and returning it.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
mig29 , was the only fighter at the time of kargil to have BVR.....and after just one lock ,PAF decided not to take part in 1998 , .....and pakistan able to get it after 10 years...mirage get it after paying almost 40m$ per plane upgrade , just resently.....
That's because PAF had no upgraded F 16 that doesn't mean Mig 29 is superior to F 16.

In case you you are comparing F 16 with Mig 29 the combat record is available over the internet.

square

Strategic Issues
That's because PAF had no upgraded F 16 that doesn't mean Mig 29 is superior to F 16.

In case you you are comparing F 16 with Mig 29 the combat record is available over the internet.
i am not comparing...just highlighted , what is available and what is not...

IndianHawk

Country flag
You are being optimistic.

USA, Russian Federation, and to some extent PRC, can get away with twisting international laws. Other countries cannot.
More than international laws it's a question of self sufficiency. If we could be fully self sufficient in complete nuclear cycle we could twist international law.

Today we face the threat of technological boycott in fields like nuclear, space and defense. As we will grow more self sufficient in these fields we will be able to twist international order more openly.

Nobody is going to put economic of sanctions on third largest economy of the world. But technological challenges keep us a notch down from USA PRC.

As of now Viets didn't get any offensive weapon from India.
We are importing major weapons platforms ourselves. There in lies the biggest problem.

Still now the govt should supply them with Aakash, lca ,lch etc . They should also be helped with 700-1000 km range missiles so that they can threaten china with deep penetration.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles