Russia Seeks to Reopen Military Bases in Vietnam and Cuba

pmaitra

@DingDong, the Russian economy is far stronger than that of the US. Don't look at GDP. Look at Debt-to-GDP ratio.

Reactions: Neo

IndianHawk

Country flag
@DingDong, the Russian economy is far stronger than that of the US. Don't look at GDP. Look at Debt-to-GDP ratio.
May be Russian fundamentals are better toady. But the scale is too small to matter.
Mexico has almost the same size of economy as Russia.

Russia can achieve high per capita GDP and related prosperity but as a global force it will only recede.

Alekssmol67

There is an Indian military base in Farkhor, Tajikistan, but it was possible only with the blessings of Russia. When Ahmad Shah Masood was assassinated, he did not die immediately. He was wounded and he was brought to the Indian base for medical treatment, where he died. At that time, both India and Russia were providing military help to Ahmad Shah Masood and Abdul Rashid Dostum of the Northern Alliance against Taliban.
I served in our russian military base in Tajikistan. Know about it all. And about the Indian base not even know the local Tajiks. I guess she was just huge!

Alekssmol67

I don't know what kind of Snake Oil is Russian Government is selling to it's citizens these days.

It takes more than few thousand nukes and ICBMS for a country to become a Global Power. Russia is not a superpower, it is not even a shadow of the USSR. Russian economy is very weak.

There is just one power with Global reach, that is the US and it's power is on decline. The world is fast moving towards a multi-polar set-up.

Anyways, we were discussing the speculations about the Russian military bases in Vietnam and Cuba.

This is an absurd argument that those countries will allow Russia to set up military bases on their soils just because Russia wants to fight the US, there have to be tangible benefits for the hosts for them to agree. Why would those countries invite the wrath of the enemies of Russia just because Russia wants to become "great" again?
Not for you to judge the strength of the Russian economy!
Do not forget that Russia has experienced several severe shocks, which would not survive in another country!!!
1. 1 the revolution of 1905.
2. The war with Japan.
3. 1 world war that ran from 1914 to 1918.
4. The revolution of 1917 when the country almost fell apart and she was nearly divided between England, USA, Romania, Germany, taking advantage of the fact that Russia is waging war for 3 years.
5. 2 world war in which the USSR won the Wehrmacht, consisting of the whole of Europe (Romania, Italy, Hungary, Germany, Finland, etc.)
6. The war with Finland.
7. The war with the Taliban in Afghanistan
8. The collapse of the Soviet Union. Try to further collapse of Russia.
9. The war in Chechnya for 8 years.
9. Support our group in Syria.
All this treboval huge resources, willpower and most importantly - believing in yourself and your people. I still don't think smaller military conflicts. For example participation in the war in Spain, participation in the war in Vietnam, North Korea. A weak country would have been destroyed.
But about the victories and achievements of India nothing is known. What major wars has won India ???
As eating bananas in the 19th century, when little England rules the whole of India, and now.
The Soviet Union has always been a friend of India and always helped.
Okay, I will not continue, and many Hindus will be offended.
This topic is about the Russian base in Cuba, we digress

IndianHawk

Country flag
Do not forget that Russia has experienced several severe shocks, which would not survive in another country!!!
2. The war with Japan.
4. The revolution of 1917 when the country almost fell apart and she was nearly divided between England, USA, Romania, Germany, taking advantage of the fact that Russia is waging war for 3 years.
5. 2 world war in which the USSR won the Wehrmacht, consisting of the whole of Europe (Romania, Italy, Hungary, Germany, Finland, etc.)
6. The war with Finland.
All this treboval huge resources, willpower and most importantly - believing in yourself and your people. I still don't think smaller military conflicts. For example participation in the war in Spain, participation in the war in Vietnam, North Korea. A weak country would have been destroyed.
But about the victories and achievements of India nothing is known. What major wars has won India ???
As eating bananas in the 19th century, when little England rules the whole of India, and now.
:bs:
You're crying two hundred years trouble and wondering what India has achieved.
Well it has preserved it's culture for over 5000 years.

Russia was strong yes . But today it's not. Your grandeur is delusive at best.
Russia has a tiny economy today which is further collapsing .

Defense is perhaps the only industry where Russian are competent. In all other spheres other nations are miles ahead.

Putin has done a great job in keeping up the appearance but Russia is no longer a global power it's not even in the league of USA china for that matter.

Germany Japan as nations are far more stronger. Both technologically and economically.

And by the way India economy itself is double that of Russia.

Welcome to present mate .

DingDong

Country flag
2. The war with Japan.
6. The war with Finland.
Two words for you: GENGHIS KHAN :pound:

Is that part of History taught in your schools or not?

Nothing in geopolitics comes for free, we paid for every nut and bolt we ever received from USSR or from Russia. We owe you nothing, we pay in hard cash.

Don't worry about offending us, we don't have inflated ego, we know the ground reality.

Lot has changed since the fall of the USSR and end of the Cold War. Digest it.

Alekssmol67

:bs:
You're crying two hundred years trouble and wondering what India has achieved.
Well it has preserved it's culture for over 5000 years.

Russia was strong yes . But today it's not. Your grandeur is delusive at best.
Russia has a tiny economy today which is further collapsing .

Defense is perhaps the only industry where Russian are competent. In all other spheres other nations are miles ahead.

Putin has done a great job in keeping up the appearance but Russia is no longer a global power it's not even in the league of USA china for that matter.

Germany Japan as nations are far more stronger. Both technologically and economically.

And by the way India economy itself is double that of Russia.

Welcome to present mate .
And Yes, of course. Tell me again how destroyed our economy. You know much more than me about Russia.
Russia was, is and will be a great power. Neither the US nor Europe were able to destroy my country, no matter how trying.
I do not understand how you have such a hatred of Russia.
Tell me about the economy of India? What did you generate?
After the revolution of 1917 in Russia, Soviet leaders urged India to freedom and independence. Many Indian freedom fighters, inspired by the Bolshevik revolution established personal contacts with Soviet leaders

Since the 1950s, India received from the Soviet Union generous assistance for the implementation of industrialization and development in the field of defence, space research and atomic energy. Experiencing shortages of capital, foreign exchange and technology, India appreciated get support: cheap loans for infrastructure projects, which can be returned in rupees; reliable, quality and affordable military equipment, also on credit; materials – oil, petroleum products, fertilizers, metals, mostly through barter.
Some state-owned Indian company, competitive on the world market such as BHEL, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), as well as the entire steel industry of India, was established in cooperation with the Soviet Union. The first Indian Institute in Mumbai was founded with the support of the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union was a true partner and in many ways helped India to become more self-sufficient.
Today about 50% of the military equipment of India's armed forces is of Russian origin.
Also, in recent years, Russia has participated in the formation of the first group of Indian research satellites. The first launch of IRS series of satellites was carried out with the help of the carrier rocket "Vostok". In addition, Russia has offered the Indian air force to buy modern MiG-29 fighters. Byle signed a contract to supply India for 40 Russian su-30MKI. Also signed contracts to supply approximately 10,000 guided missiles "Invar", T-90 tanks and over 200 supersonic anti-ship missiles, air-launched "BrahMos". Russia remains the largest supplier of military equipment to India.
Russia and India
If to speak about nuclear power, has already built two nuclear power plant units at Kudankulam in southern India under the Indian-Russian program of cooperation in the field of nuclear energy. Talks are underway to build two more units. In the field of space is successfully continuing cooperation between Russia and India on the GLONASS program. In addition, India is trying to get Russian technology in tracking satellites and to engage Russia in the project for the study of the moon "Chandrayaan-2".
What would be India without the support of the Soviet Union?
So remember who you're talking about the future. Without Russia you would live in the past and best selling bananas and Souvenirs from cow shit

Reactions: Neo

DingDong

Country flag
And Yes, of course. Tell me again how destroyed our economy. You know much more than me about Russia.
Russia was, is and will be a great power. Neither the US nor Europe were able to destroy my country, no matter how trying.
Tell me about the economy of India? What did you generate?
After the revolution of 1917 in Russia, Soviet leaders urged India to freedom and independence. Many Indian freedom fighters, inspired by the Bolshevik revolution established personal contacts with Soviet leaders

Since the 1950s, India received from the Soviet Union generous assistance for the implementation of industrialization and development in the field of defence, space research and atomic energy. Experiencing shortages of capital, foreign exchange and technology, India appreciated get support: cheap loans for infrastructure projects, which can be returned in rupees; reliable, quality and affordable military equipment, also on credit; materials – oil, petroleum products, fertilizers, metals, mostly through barter.
Some state-owned Indian company, competitive on the world market such as BHEL, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), as well as the entire steel industry of India, was established in cooperation with the Soviet Union. The first Indian Institute in Mumbai was founded with the support of the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union was a true partner and in many ways helped India to become more self-sufficient.
Today about 50% of the military equipment of India's armed forces is of Russian origin.
Also, in recent years, Russia has participated in the formation of the first group of Indian research satellites. The first launch of IRS series of satellites was carried out with the help of the carrier rocket "Vostok". In addition, Russia has offered the Indian air force to buy modern MiG-29 fighters. Byle signed a contract to supply India for 40 Russian su-30MKI. Also signed contracts to supply approximately 10,000 guided missiles "Invar", T-90 tanks and over 200 supersonic anti-ship missiles, air-launched "BrahMos". Russia remains the largest supplier of military equipment to India.
Russia and India
If to speak about nuclear power, has already built two nuclear power plant units at Kudankulam in southern India under the Indian-Russian program of cooperation in the field of nuclear energy. Talks are underway to build two more units. In the field of space is successfully continuing cooperation between Russia and India on the GLONASS program. In addition, India is trying to get Russian technology in tracking satellites and to engage Russia in the project for the study of the moon "Chandrayaan-2".
So remember who you're talking about the future. Without Russia you would live in the past and best selling bananas and Souvenirs from cow shit
Those contracts you talk about keep the factories in Russia running, and keep your people employed. More Russians live and work in India than Indians in Russia.

Russian government and industries earn billions of USD each year from those sales.

Without Russia, we would have bought those machines and technologies from others. Russia sold them for money.

Don't worry about us, we are going to emerge as one of the top three economies by the middle of this century, while Russian economy doesn't seem to be doing so well.

Don't expect us to show any gratitude, we owe you nothing. This Russian arrogance is only going to make you loose friends and sympathizers.

Sourav Kumar

We do not have hatred for Russia. But if you mention mention "best selling bananas" and "cow shit" repeatedly, we will generate hatred for you here :D Have we passed disrespectful comments on Russian Bear? Then why do u drag Cow here?:rotfl:

Alekssmol67

Those contracts you talk about keep the factories in Russia running, and keep your people employed. More Russians live and work in India than Indians in Russia.

Russian government and industries earn billions of USD each year from those sales.

Without Russia, we would have bought those machines and technologies from others. Russia sold them for money.

Don't worry about us, we are going to emerge as one of the top three economies by the middle of this century, while Russian economy doesn't seem to be doing so well.

Don't expect us to show any gratitude, we owe you nothing. This Russian arrogance is only going to make you loose friends and sympathizers.
And we don't expect anything from you.
Russia has always relied only on themselves.
You live a lot of Russian for the same reason a lot of them live in other third world countries - you have heat, cheap is the sea.
And in Russia, a weak Indian organisms will not survive and they will become extinct.
In my city there are medical Academy where he studied a lot of Indians. In the winter it was pathetic - small, frozen, twisted... That's why they are not in Russia.
When will be the third economy in the world, then you will brag about.

Alekssmol67

We do not have hatred for Russia. But if you mention mention "best selling bananas" and "cow shit" repeatedly, we will generate hatred for you here :D Have we passed disrespectful comments on Russian Bear? Then why do u drag Cow here?:rotfl:
I apologize to the appropriate people and normal Hindus for my statements. Just this idiot provokes me. He is a provocateur who sows hatred

DingDong

Country flag
And we don't expect anything from you.
Russia has always relied only on themselves.
You live a lot of Russian for the same reason a lot of them live in other third world countries - you have heat, cheap is the sea.
And in Russia, a weak Indian organisms will not survive and they will become extinct.
In my city there are medical Academy where he studied a lot of Indians. In the winter it was pathetic - small, frozen, twisted... That's why they are not in Russia.
When will be the third economy in the world, then you will brag about.
We agree on one point, no Indian would ever like to live in a frozen barren land.

I don't care about your expectations, I am only saying that you deserve no gratitude. Whatever we buy from you we pay for it. Give-and-Take.

Hence don't come here with that "second world" chip on your shoulder, people will laugh :rofl:.

I apologize to the appropriate people and normal Hindus for my statements. Just this idiot provokes me. He is a provocateur who sows hatred
Looks like "Narcissism" is a pandemic in Russia.

Last edited:

raja696

2. The war with Japan.
6. The war with Finland.
Agree bro if we ever not encouraged peace v symbol through Buddhism no western or northern civilization dared to step inside Indian soil. May its fault of early Indians doesn't want to go for expansionism. Yup we agree Russians helped us but you have to agree we paid our dividends for Russian influence in subcontinant.

We can bear oppression and masters of guerilla war. Now ur cozying up with our enemies just for same strategic imp. The day world fcuk with Indians .... we will make sure world is Afghanistan.

Think before u talk. :india2:

Alekssmol67

We agree on one point, no Indian would ever like to live in a frozen barren land.

I don't care about your expectations, I am only saying that you deserve no gratitude. Whatever we buy from you we pay for it. Give-and-Take.

Hence don't come here with that "second world" chip on your shoulder, people will laugh :rofl:.

Looks like "Narcissism" is a pandemic in Russia.
I don't want to argue with you anymore. Climb a palm tree and sit in silence.
Fortunately in India, the mass idiocy is not a disease, it only hurts a moron.
Good night

AnantS

Country flag
I served in our russian military base in Tajikistan. Know about it all. And about the Indian base not even know the local Tajiks. I guess she was just huge!
Hey thats interesting. As far as we know INdia just has medical base at Tajikistan which was primarily meant to help Northern Alliance fighters against Taliban.I dont think India has any armed presence in Tajikistan. Russia and INdia were coordinating at that time in helping NA in Afghan. TOday I think Russia are going to be on opposite sides in Afghanistan as Russia is going with Taliban and Pakistan. India is still supporting Afghan democratic govt.

pmaitra

May be Russian fundamentals are better toady. But the scale is too small to matter.
Mexico has almost the same size of economy as Russia.

Russia can achieve high per capita GDP and related prosperity but as a global force it will only recede.
Back to my original post. GDP does not in any way indicate the strength of the economy. As far being a global force, again the amount of money spent on defence does not indicate how big of a global force one can be. The USA has a defence budget more than the next seven countries combined, yet the Russian Forces were several times more effective than the much larger US forces in fighting ISIS.
_____
Sir it was not any blessing or favor. We indirectly/directly paid Russians $$$ for that base to be a reality.
Maybe.
_____
You might be correct, and these two bases are shrouded in secrecy, for obvious reasons.
_____
What I consider China then, their debt is now $28 trillions, 250% of GDP.
Your numbers are totally false, bordering on randomly made up numerals.

If you read that from a book, I recommend you throw that book as far as you can - the further the better. The US debt is $20 trillion. No other country has that high a debt. How on earth does PRC have $28 trillion debt?

PRC is a net creditor nation. The Russian Federation is also a net creditor nation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_..._international_investment_position_per_capita
_____
It is kept a secret (not so much of a secret now), but it is nonetheless meant to be low key.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles