Russia Ready to Supply India With Anaerobic Submarines

sgarg

Is the India system ready, I do not know the status. that is why my opinion is that looking at our fleet levels we have to go with what is available at present and leave some room for further developments by Indian firms.
In addition to Scorpene and 75I, a further 6 at Russian shipyard is a welcome addition. The indian AIP system is on track.
The sub fleet is too low and requires major additions.

Kharavela

Country flag
In addition to Scorpene and 75I, a further 6 at Russian shipyard is a welcome addition. The indian AIP system is on track.
The sub fleet is too low and requires major additions.
Sir, isn't it be prudent to engage the Russian experts in an Indian yard to build the Submarines instead of building them in a Russian yard ?

Recently HSL has tied up with Korean major Hyundai to enhance its capabilities in Submarine production.

L&T shipyard has already shown its capabilities in designing & production of modern Submarine.

MDL is already into production of Scorpene submarines under Project 75.

Moreover, such projects create direct & indirect employment opportunities which is need of the hour.

sgarg

@Kharavela, there are two pre-requisites to an industrial project - trained manpower and industrial facilities. Both of these are limited in sub building field in India. It is appropriate to use industrial facilities and manpower of Russia at this time. The submarine fleet needs additions under a tight schedule.

Each aircraft carrier that India has needs two accompanying subs. Plus at least a dozen subs are needed for coastal patrols at any given time. Additional subs are needed for Andamans. India needs a minimum sub fleet size of 24 (excluding SSBNs).

Last edited by a moderator:
Country flag
This means India's indigenous aip must be close to completion. Every time india develops
An indigenous technology Russians make an offer.

Warhawk

This means India's indigenous aip must be close to completion. Every time india develops
An indigenous technology Russians make an offer.
More because Russians don't really focus on conventional submarines or AIPs. :rofl:

ben

Pakistan thinks China and Russia will choose them over India lol. Pakistan is an unreliable country, an unreliable neighbour, an abettor of terrorism, so why would anyone support them?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles