Russia Launches new jet trainer SR-10

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
https://www.rt.com/news/327664-forward-swept-wing-russia/
News
Russia’s 1st forward-swept wing training aircraft performs maiden flight (VIDEO)
Published time: 1 Jan, 2016 16:58Edited time: 2 Jan, 2016 06:05

© kb-sat.ru

A private Russian design bureau has conducted a maiden flight of an SR-10 dual-pilot forward-swept wing aerobatic trainer aircraft. It was earlier reported that it is planned to produce 16 SR-10 jets for the Defense Ministry.
The development of the fully composite twin-seater began at the Modern Aviation Technologies (KB SAT) design engineering bureau in 2007. The initial engineering development model was presented at MAKS-2009 airshow, but in the following years the project encountered financial problems.

On December 25, SR-10 made its first flight at an airfield near Vorotynsk, in the Kaluga Region, sdelanounas.ru website reports.

The SR-10 is a subsonic, single engine, all-composite dual-pilot aircraft with a moderate forward-swept wing scheme. Its reported maximum takeoff weight is 2,700 kilograms. The aircraft can reportedly be powered with either a Soviet design AI-25TLSh engine or a modern Russian-made AL-55 gas-turbine jet engine.

© YouTube
The SR-10’s flying quality parameters largely depend on the power unit. It was designed to have 900kph maximum horizontal flight speed, 1,500 km range capability and a 6,000-meter practical ceiling. Its cruising speed at the 6,000-meter height is 520kph.

© kb-sat.ru
In 2014, the SR-10 lost a Russian Defense Ministry primary training aircraft tender to Yakovlev Yak-152 turboprop trainer aircraft.However, KB SAT is still offering the aircraft to the Air Force as an intermediate trainer.

© sdelanounas.ru
Dagestan’s Industry, Trade and Investment Ministry revealed plans to produce up to 16 SR-10 aircraft for Russia’s Defense Ministry, which is expected to allocate up to 2.5 billion rubles into the SR-10 project, the regional bureau of RIA news agency reported in mid-September.

© sdelanounas.ru
As of now, Russia’s Air Force is actively using the recently developed Yakovlev Yak-130 as an advanced jet trainer. This aircraft is also delivered to foreign militaries, being positioned also as light attack aircraft.

Until now, the only operable forward-swept wing aircraft in Russia has been the Sukhoi Su-47 Berkut (Golden Eagle) fighter jet, which never went into mass production, yet became an advanced concept technology demonstrator and a testing ground for technical solutions later integrated into Russia’s 5G fighter jet PAK-FA.

Sukhoi Su-47 Berkut [Golden Eagle] fighter. © Pashkovskiy / Sputnik

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
lets say im new to IDF sirji .........:)
Nope, :p I will say you don't leave space between the tags. Next time give space and they will get tagged properly.
Anyway, it is DFI not IDF.
IDF is a different forum.
You will get many Indian Forums like our DFI, IDF and BRF but you'll find only one forum defencepk if search for pakistan.

Reason is that the owner of forum(web master) who is sitting in US always hacks and destroys remaining all of other pakistani forums whichever competes with PDF. :grin:
Pakis are fighting to one another.
Anyway, I'm on every Indian Forum.
:)

guru-dutt

Nope, :p I will say you don't leave space between the tags. Next time give space and they will get tagged properly.
Anyway, it is DFI not IDF.
IDF is a different forum.
You will get many Indian Forums like our DFI, IDF and BRF but you'll find only one forum defencepk if search for pakistan.

Reason is that the owner of forum(web master) who is sitting in US always hacks and destroys remaining all of other pakistani forums whichever competes with PDF. :grin:
Pakis are fighting to one another.
Anyway, I'm on every Indian Forum.
:)
help me to join em all or if i have forgotten my password help me to retrive it and lets play a little with webby's /arsalan and do some emotional atyachar on him :D

Illusive

Country flag
@gadeshi whats advantage does forward swept wings have and why develop another trainer when yak 130 is available.

guru-dutt

@gadeshi whats advantage does forward swept wings have and why develop another trainer when yak 130 is available.
forward swept wings i guess makes a plane more stable and manuvrable and feul efficient at the same time deu to lesser drag from wings

guru-dutt

forward swept wings i guess makes a plane more stable and manuvrable and feul efficient at the same time deu to lesser drag from wings
i wonder if HAL just for sake of R&D make a forward swept wing configration of LCA

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
help me to join em all or if i have forgotten my password help me to retrive it and lets play a little with webby's /arsalan and do some emotional atyachar on him :D
I'm banned on PDF till 28 January.
Let me come back and I will shake the whole baki forum again.
Anyway, I'm daily monitoring PDF.
Mere jaane ke baad pakiyon ki himmmat bahut badh gayi hai.
(pakis have got braver after I'm banned).
I watch Indians there just reading their comments and sitting steady meanwhile I had befitting reply to slap and lash them.
If you aren't banned on PDF, you can ask me any befitting reply to give.
I promise you either pakis will change the topic or will rate your post negative but they will have no reply to that question.
:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

guru-dutt

I'm banned on PDF till 28 January.
Let me come back and I will shake the whole baki forum again.
Anyway, I'm daily monitoring PDF.
Mere jaane ke baad pakiyon ki himmmat bahut badh gayi hai.
(pakis have got braver after I'm banned).
I watch Indians there just reading their comments and sitting steady meanwhile I had befitting reply to slap and lash them.
If you aren't banned on PDF, you can ask me any befitting reply to give.
I promise you either pakis will change the topic or will rate your post negative but they will have no reply to that question.
:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:
whats your name on PDF waise LCA se yaad aya why not make a forward swept wing stealthy LCA configuration with PAKFA type twin horizontal stabilizers and DSI intake that too with AESA and internal IRIST and internal LD pod like F-35

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
whats your name on PDF
I'm Bad Guy. Yaad hun na?
Voh wala jo faltu maim WAJsal or Atanz se panga leta hai? :biggrin2:
images_9.jpeg

waise LCA se yaad aya why not make a forward swept wing stealthy LCA configuration with PAKFA type twin horizontal stabilizers and DSI intake that too with AESA and internal IRIST and internal LD pod like F-35
Good Idea but I'm not sure that DRDo will want that ADA's focus is now on building an aircraft with some air superiority role (in Tejas Mk2) whose side body is looks like a wave like Rafael and Eurofighter.
Anyway, don't need to be said.
Every country has its own style of technology. Russia has own style and India has own style.

Bahamut

Advantages of forward swept wing
1.brings better controllability in a stall and different wing spar placement for better internal storage
2.allows for greater maneuverability, though, because of the inward spanwise flow. This decreases wingtip vortices and induced drag, along with greater high-angle of attack response.

pmaitra

I think the drag to lift ratio is lower (better) in forward swept wings. The disadvantage is such configurations is, although good for low speed, it won't work in supersonic aircraft.

Someone please give more technical details on this.

gadeshi

1 - Forward-swept wing gives better controllability and less AD losses on high AOA and take off/landing regimes which is crucial for basic trainer flown by inexperienced pilots. It also has better screw maneuver characteristics.
2 - SR-10 is low cost trainer for civil aviation flight schools and DOSAAF (volounteer sports and army support community) aeroclubs / aerobatic sports teams. Yak-130 is a military grade advanced trainer which cost and flight package is excessive for the mentioned applications.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles