tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
hi

why don't we go for su47 i think its better then su35

what u guys say

jai hind
I'll say it again. Su 47 is not for sale, and is not mass-produced. It's a technology demonstrator, and even Russia hasn't commissioned it into its air force. Secondly, with a unit cost of $60M, it's not viable even if it was up for sale.

BOSS-Is-Back

I was reading the debate for the last 6 pages , and i must say was intersting. Though many of you did vouch for su30mki, i must say if russia do offers su35 to india, india should go for it. Atleast 3 -4 sqrdns.

Su35 is a masterpiece. Though su30mki and su35 are of the same class (heavy cat multirole aircraft) , su35 is much superior to su30mki. And if india can fit it with all the latest raders frm israel and france as it did it with su30mki, i bet su35 would be second to none of the fighters flying today.

natarajan

do we need separate maintanance depot? if not we can get one squadron and put them in andhaman

BOSS-Is-Back

India iaf sqr is at mere 33 if i m correct. For india to stand tall for both china and pak together should have atleast 44+ sqr. Mmrca whichever of these wins wont be a part of iaf untill 2013-14, thats 4 yrs frm now.

Lca isnt ready for induction. Kaveri though ready doesnt have the requirements set by iaf now, so engine used by f-35 would be fitted into lca for induction , which wont take place in the next 24 months .

Su30mki , though govt has increased its nos. Frm 240 to 300, is being inducted at a very lame pace (dont know why the delay. Hardly 4-5 sqr are in place ).

So if india do and seriously do want to increase its capabilities, su35 and su30mki are the best options and india need to to do it fast.

Or even by 2015-16 we may be sitting only by 30-34 sqrs with jaguars and the migs saying goodbyes to iaf..

bhramos

Country flag
do we need separate maintanance depot? if not we can get one squadron and put them in andhaman
they dont need any separate maintenance,
as for as i know Su-35 has same radar & avionics that will be put in PAKFA,
so they dont need changing , but may be modified for IAF's use, thats all.
untill now only Venezuela only ordered Su-35, but in small no's.
we may be getting FGFA not so soon, as RuAF will only be getting them 2015, after their needs completed they will start exporting, Su-35 could fill the gap,

StealthSniper

Su-35 is only going to be feasible for India if they get more then 1 or 2 squadron worth of aircraft. If not then they should stick with Su-30 and maybe get the good parts of the Su-35 and incorporate them into the upgrade package for Su-30.

On a side note are we for sure getting 50 more MKI that was previously mentioned by a member. I really haven't found any other news confirming it.

vijaytripoli

we all are talking about inducting su-35 and more su-30mki,s , but do anybody know the operations costs of all these combat platforms and there effect on the IAF budjet?
chau

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
On a side note are we for sure getting 50 more MKI that was previously mentioned by a member. I really haven't found any other news confirming it.
it seriously depends on how seriously you take reports carried by prasun k sengupta. he is known to claim a lot which has no real base. let us assume this leaked news were true, would it be kept exclusive to just one publication, i have my serious doubts on the matter, and with the cut throat competition that exists in the media world, be sure others would have at once caught on had there been bases to it. my suggestion is, any news coming from mr sengupta's stable be taken with a pinch of salt. having said what i have, IAF will most certainly go in for 2-4 squads of either su30mki or su35mki, and the most likely choice will be su30mki. the timing of this decision will be very important and it seems there is still time for this deal to happen.

StealthSniper

it seriously depends on how seriously you take reports carried by prasun k sengupta. he is known to claim a lot which has no real base. let us assume this leaked news were true, would it be kept exclusive to just one publication, i have my serious doubts on the matter, and with the cut throat competition that exists in the media world, be sure others would have at once caught on had there been bases to it. my suggestion is, any news coming from mr sengupta's stable be taken with a pinch of salt. having said what i have, IAF will most certainly go in for 2-4 squads of either su30mki or su35mki, and the most likely choice will be su30mki. the timing of this decision will be very important and it seems there is still time for this deal to happen.

Well I hope your right thakur, I think it will be very unfortunate to not get these fighters because I think the proud indian pilots that fly the planes don't deserve to fly planes like the Mig-21 which is just too old and shows our incompetance of procuring aircraft when we had the chance. Our pilots and country deserves better and we need to wake up before our squadron numbers go down even further.

Quickgun Murugan

India should not go for Su 35. This will be just waste of time and money.

HAL should work hard improving the existing Su30 MKI airframes to reduce its RCS. If Russians can TOT the AL-31F engines to India, then it will be jackpot for us.

We dont need to keep on buying state of art war machines without understanding how to build the existing imported ones. This is the primary reason why DRDO is not able to cater to Indian military's expectations. Home production of Su 30 MKi from scratch(engines+air frames+ avionics) should be the priority.

Vladimir79

Professional

HAL should work hard improving the existing Su30 MKI airframes to reduce its RCS. If Russians can TOT the AL-31F engines to India, then it will be jackpot for us.
We already signed a deal for ToT on AL-31 b/c IAF is getting 230 MKI. If you are going to reduce the RCS on it you will need to remove the canards b/c right now, your birds have large RCS.

We dont need to keep on buying state of art war machines without understanding how to build the existing imported ones. This is the primary reason why DRDO is not able to cater to Indian military's expectations. Home production of Su 30 MKi from scratch(engines+air frames+ avionics) should be the priority.
Any purchase of Su-35 would be a stopgap for PAK FAGA. If India needs a few squadrons to fill up holes it would be a nice order. As a 50/50 partner in PAK FA India will have all the advanced technology it can handle. It would be wasting time on trying to copy Su-30 obsolete techonology when we are going to hand you fifth gen. ToT on a silver platter.

ppgj

If you are going to reduce the RCS on it you will need to remove the canards b/c right now, your birds have large RCS.
the birds are known for their high maneourability 'cos of the canards and 2D tvc. wont it be a bad idea? in any case india is adding more composites to reduce RCS.
As a 50/50 partner in PAK FA India will have all the advanced technology it can handle. It would be wasting time on trying to copy Su-30 obsolete techonology when we are going to hand you fifth gen. ToT on a silver platter.
agree with you.

bhramos

Country flag
the birds are known for their high maneourability 'cos of the canards and 2D tvc. wont it be a bad idea? in any case india is adding more composites to reduce RCS.
there are already two projects going on the Su-30's

1. DRDO is working on carbon airframe of Sukhoi like LCA , this would reduce weight and RCS,: and would increace range and efficiency of Sukhoi.

2.Russia is working on Stealth Sukhoi , this every body knows about it ,
this would probably use different airframe and weapons would be stored inside,

but getting one squadron of Su-35BM would be a best Idea as Vladmir told.

ppgj

but getting one squadron of Su-35BM would be a best Idea as Vladmir told.
but we ordering 50 more su-30mki. it is today's confirmed news. so that puts at rest su 35bm.

Scientist

Yes. I agree with you. By this ToT we dont need to re invent the wheel, DRDO should use this ToT as the starting point instead from scratch and focus more on developing it further. At least now DRDO should acquire the capabalities of builiding it own indigenious advanced aircraft ( not reverse engineering) which makes IAF foreign dependence less. DRDO has to undergo SWOT analysis, we are week in Engine manufacture capabilities... concentrating more on weak aspect should be a prime focus of DRDO in future... we had more ToT in recent times, weather it yields fruitfull result? this question should be addressed by DRDO in few years from now....

Its not really worth going with SU 35... Instead we should focus on stealth technology for FGFA. SU 35 is advanced but not need a short step ahead on SU 30 we need gaint step of stealth technology aircrafts...

AJSINGH

as of now , the upgrade plan of MKI on the lines of BM should be best . anyways in ew years we will be getting PAK FAGA , so that will fill the needs of 5th generation aircraft

Quickgun Murugan

We already signed a deal for ToT on AL-31 b/c IAF is getting 230 MKI. If you are going to reduce the RCS on it you will need to remove the canards b/c right now, your birds have large RCS.

Any purchase of Su-35 would be a stopgap for PAK FAGA. If India needs a few squadrons to fill up holes it would be a nice order. As a 50/50 partner in PAK FA India will have all the advanced technology it can handle. It would be wasting time on trying to copy Su-30 obsolete techonology when we are going to hand you fifth gen. ToT on a silver platter.
I feel that Su30 MKI's and 126 MRCA's would definitely fill the void until PakFa arrives. Just buying a few squadrons will only add as a liability in maintenance after arrival of FGFA.

That is why I said, we need to try and work on existing Su30 MKI's to reduce its RCS using Su 35 concepts. Now, I am not a fighter plane expert to comment on the complexities of the process, but I definitely feel that this is possible as proven by chinese J11-B.

p2prada

Canards don't imply a massive increase in RCS. Else, Rafale, Gripen and EF-2000 would not have had them in the first place.

It would no be feasible. Working on the Su-35 to match IAF requirements would take a long time and also a lot of money. IAF works on a budget, they will not afford to maintain 50 odd Su-35s along with 230MKIs. It will simply be a lot cheaper to go for 50 more MKIs instead.

We are getting PAKFA anyways. So, the BM will not be a wonder.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles