'Rockstar' makes changes as Censor Board gets strict on Tibet issue

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
The producers of Rockstar toldHeadlines Today on Monday that they have decided to blur a flag that reads "Free Tibet" to avoid any controversy.There have not been too many Bollywood films, which have taken a stand on a sensitive political issue like Tibet. Ranbir Kapoorand Nargis Fakhri starrerRockstar ran into trouble over the flag.The Censor Board had also told the producers that if they wanted a U/A certification, they would have to mute the swear words and not just beep them out. The main character, played by Ranbir, apparently uses a lot of swear words. The Censor Board had told the producers that the film would get an A certificate if it did not mute the swear words.The film is slated for release on November 11 and the producers complied with the Censor Board's demands as they did not want to risk any delay in the release.Imtiaz Ali's film Rockstar has been making waves as its songs have already become hits.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/rockstar-gets-edited/1/159042.html

Hud

First South block developed cold feet on helping Vietnam and now this.

Adux

Country flag
What a bunch of spinless assholes, Free Tibet! Come get me, Lefties and Government of India

anoop_mig25

Country flag
here goes our freedom of speech in dustbin . seriously spine less government. at least rock star team should had went ahead with what was recorded.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Free tibet flag should be distributed all over India.

I will give donation if someone is willing to take it up.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
So, we are a democracy that is ready to forfeit freedom of speech to please a communist regime.

SPIEZ

Country flag
All this when Chinese products showing Arunachal Pradesh as a part of China is racking profits in India. How pathetic!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles