'Rivers, not Kashmir, Pakistan's aim'

dove

It is very difficult for india to use water as a weapon as we do not fight against civilians. I'm not discussing the right or wrong of it, but for a diverse country like ours, we need certain basic principles to form the idea of India to hold us together as a country. One of such idea (IMHO) is that we are people of dharma, who fight fair and only when other options for peace fail.

SHASH2K2

It is very difficult for india to use water as a weapon as we do not fight against civilians. I'm not discussing the right or wrong of it, but for a diverse country like ours, we need certain basic principles to form the idea of India to hold us together as a country. One of such idea (IMHO) is that we are people of dharma, who fight fair and only when other options for peace fail.
Everything is fair in love and war and We are at war with Pakistan . Once people start sufefring due to misdeeds of their rulers and army then they will look for a change and hopefully Pakistan will learn to behave in a good manner . They should know what is at stake if they donot change their ways.

dove

I personally tend to agree with your view that we should use all weapons at our disposal. However, the reality is indians are only beginning to come together as a nation. Even now many people are more loyal to their state/caste/linguistic group than the country as a whole. If we adopt the same paki attitude that anything is OK to win, I fear it will also reflect in how internal differences of opinion are settled in India. The 'soft state' approach may be one of necessity (even when dealing with naxals etc) rather than an ingrained weakness. Just my thoughts....

Global Defence

New threads

Articles