Riots in Xinjiang: Future of Uighers and how will China deal with it? Part 2

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In a totalitarian country, people disappear.

They, it appears, don't have courts or systems of justice and they don't waste time and effort on investigation and dispensation of honest carriage of law!

A neat way also to keep a check on the rising population!

That is how a country should run or so they feel in such countries.

badguy2000

Respected Member
good news..

the first 9 murders has been executed

badguy2000

Respected Member
Or it is other way around 9 innocents murdered by CCP goons
well, Nobody in china will care what you say...anyhow, I appreciate such prompt executions..

and if I were the head of China, I would send all families of the murders into labour camps and cut all root of terrorists.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
well, Nobody in china will care what you say...anyhow, I appreciate such prompt executions..
Obviously because if you don't support you will also be executed

and if I were the head of China, I would send all families of the murders into labour camps and cut all root of terrorists.
Wishful thinking why not annex the land only easy way out

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag

"Sending families to Labor Camps". Wow...Badguy, you must have read to many books about Stalin's Gulag ???

Your statements just prove that all the suspicions of the Indian DFI members about the Chinese communist nationalists are on target.

Scratch a Chinese Commie with no spiritual values a little bit under the skin, and what do you have.....a murderous psychopath with no conscience !!!

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
Prediction for Tibetans and Uyghurs

Here is my prediction about Uygyurs and Tibetans.

In 50 years time, you will have a much better chance of finding a Panda in the wild in China than you will in finding a Uyghur or Tibetan.

Between being overwhelmed by Han Chinese population and stripped of their language, culture, human rights and their Islamic faith - they will simply cease to exist as a distinct ethnic group.

The CCP will have watered down their culture so much that the next generation of Uyghurs will no longer have their Islamic faith or know their Uyghur language, and will inter-marry Han Chinese and eventually the whole Uyghur race in China will be wiped out.

This is the same CCP plan for Tibetans.

The only original Tibetans left, will be the Tibetans who are exiled in India.

johnee

You seem to be very fond of 'labour camps'! what are they? who are the ones presently 'sent' there?

IIRC, China is the only country that still operates 'labour camps', and it dreams of being a no 1!! Being No.1 is not limited to military might, No.1 also has to guide the other faltering nations in terms of human rights, freedom, minority rights.....etc.

badguy2000

Respected Member
You seem to be very fond of 'labour camps'! what are they? who are the ones presently 'sent' there?

IIRC, China is the only country that still operates 'labour camps', and it dreams of being a no 1!! Being No.1 is not limited to military might, No.1 also has to guide the other faltering nations in terms of human rights, freedom, minority rights.....etc.

well, History book is always written by victors and most powerful guys.

what you said is just what the current "NO.1" want you accept it.

you seems to volunteer in acceptting it..that just proves how effective the "current NO.1" does its job.

if there is a new "NO.1" you will get used to it gradually, I am sure,because what you say now just proves how easily you are ready to accept what "NO.1" hawks:

ZOOM

Founding Member
well, History book is always written by victors and most powerful guys.
Oh yeh, so what must define victory and powerful guy according to you?
What history he would like to put forward to world?
What kind of thinking he want to get across by writting such books?
Has any of such books you gone through?
How was your experience with it?
How many of such books you have purchased so far?
Were they really costly because they were written by victors?
Right now, which victors book you are referring to?
What kind of a change according those victors will likely to be braught in your own perosnality?

what you said is just what the current "NO.1" want you accept it.

you seems to volunteer in acceptting it..that just proves how effective the "current NO.1" does its job.

if there is a new "NO.1" you will get used to it gradually, I am sure,because what you say now just proves how easily you are ready to accept what "NO.1" hawks:
So according to you must be in current position no 1 by now?
Why this current No 1 is all about?
What will be its effect on you and me?

Please explain and take your time, I am really eager to hear such answers from your mouth as it spout nothing but Pearls.:thank_you2:

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
Baddy your goverment claims the countries of Tibet East tukistan and even mangolia if iam right

the above shown is a map propgated by the Republic of China which shows the Republic of Mongolia as part of China and the PRC occupies Inner mogolia also
all this is done on some god forsaken historical claim if that is so then is int the whole of china a property of Mogolia Japan Germany France austria India etc so next time Your CPC bosses have a wanker at the PB tell them do not claim history as a conquring tool

ppgj

F-14,
where on earth did you find that map?? damn smart.:goodstuff:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
good. so are you ready to give us back aksai chin? since it is, as you say, not claimed by PRC but ROC?
PRC captured it from India, not ROC, so PRC's claims aren't any different.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
huanle the ROC is dead as far as i know in international tearms due to the fact that the ROC seat has been passed to the PRC So it dose not matter

PPJ i got the map from the wiki page for TIWAN

badguy2000

Respected Member
Baddy your goverment claims the countries of Tibet East tukistan and even mangolia if iam right

the above shown is a map propgated by the Republic of China which shows the Republic of Mongolia as part of China and the PRC occupies Inner mogolia also
all this is done on some god forsaken historical claim if that is so then is int the whole of china a property of Mogolia Japan Germany France austria India etc so next time Your CPC bosses have a wanker at the PB tell them do not claim history as a conquring tool
good. I can show you the map of CHinese Qing dynasty(1646-1911)..you will be amazed to find that china was even larger at that time..

early period of Chinese Qing dynasty(1646-1860)

later period of CHinese Qing Dynasty(1860-1911)

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
good. I can show you the map of CHinese Qing dynasty(1646-1911)..you will be amazed to find that china was even larger at that time..

early period of Chinese Qing dynasty(1646-1860)

later period of CHinese Qing Dynasty(1860-1911)
Stop it with the historical maps if we were to follow that the greeks would rule the entire mideast(based on alexander's conquests) and the mongols would rule china and russia(the empire of ghengis khan),also according to the maps of the old japanese empire most of china could also be ruled by japan.

ppgj

interview - Rebiya Kadeer.

Asia Times Online :: China News, China Business News, Taiwan and Hong Kong News and Business.

Nov 6, 2009

Uyghur activist seeks talks with Beijing

By Catherine Makino

TOKYO - Following the bloody clashes in July in Urumqi, the capital of the restive Xinjiang region in China, Uyghur activist Rebiya Kadeer found herself in the midst of another controversy, having been accused by the Chinese government of instigating the riots.

The violent incidents stemmed from an incident in June when a brawl broke out between Uyghur and Han workers at a toy factory in Guangdong province in southern China. The Han are China's majority ethnic group.

In 1953, the Uyghurs made up 75% of Xinjiang's population, but their population has dwindled to 45% since Han Chinese began to

settle in the area. Urumqi is now 70% Han, resulting in a lot of resentment among the Uyghurs, especially in the capital city.

Rebiya Kadeer, president of the Washington-based World Uyghur Congress (WUC), denies having been behind the riots that left nearly 200 dead and more than 1,000 injured.

The WUC is a federation of exile groups claiming to represent the interests of the Uyghurs inside and outside their homeland in the Xinjiang Autonomous Region of northwest China, which is rich in mineral resources and of strategic importance to Beijing.

The 11 million-strong Uyghurs are a predominantly Muslim minority in China that has allegedly been subject to systematic oppression by the Chinese government.

Kadeer, 62, spent six years in prison for criticizing the Chinese government's policies in Xinjiang. She was freed in 2005 after pressure from the George W Bush administration, and moved to Virginia in the United States.

Dubbed "the millionairess", Kadeer has been ranked China's 34th richest person with a fortune of US$25 million. She built up and ran a multi-million dollar trading company and a department store in Urumqi.

Until her falling out with Beijing, she was on China's top political body - the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference - which represents people who are not members of the ruling Communist Party.

Her third visit to Japan last week to speak at universities and before non-profit groups coincided with the publication of her biography, Dragon Fighter: One Woman's Epic Struggle for Peace, in Japanese.

Reporter Catherine Makino caught up with her on Friday in Tokyo.
Inter Press Service: What have you been able to accomplish for your people?

Rebiya Kadeer: I brought optimism and encouragement to my nation.

My people are always worrying about China's ethnic policy. Many Uyghurs have been killed, and they are anxious about being driven out from their lands. We need one voice, and my voice is my nation's voice. I travel around world and ask the international community to protect the Uyghurs. I explain our problems to the world.

IPS: But how can your voice be heard when your people cannot reach you by Internet or by phone?

RK: We can't contact them by international phone or [the] Internet. In fact, more than 1,500 websites have been closed and their members arrested. They hear my words through Radio Free Asia [which also interviewed her in Tokyo]. Some people in Shanghai and Beijing hear my voice and then send it inside Xinjiang.

IPS: What do you hope to achieve in the next few years for your people?

RS: I want the release of 10,000 political prisoners from jail in Xinjiang, and to stop the torture and random killing of the Uyghurs. I want Chinese groups who are roaming the streets killing Uyghurs for no reason to stop. I also want Uyghur women to be returned back to Xinjiang.

IPS: What do you mean when you say Uyghur women should be returned?

RK: China moved more than 300,000 girls between the ages of 14 and 25 outside the Xinjiang province to work and assimilate into Chinese society. Some were sent to factories while beautiful girls were sent to work in hotels and bars. The Chinese government says it's for economic opportunities, but it's not true.

The girls are miserable and crying. They don't have any freedom and have no contact with their families. They are supported [by the government] if they want to marry inside China. Maybe the riots of July 2009 happened because of this policy.

IPS: Are more Han Chinese coming to Xinjiang?

RK: Yes, every day more and more Chinese migrants are coming to live in Xinjiang. They are the ones who reap the economic benefits.

I believe there are 20 million people comprised of various ethnic groups living in Xinjiang and 10 million Han Chinese, although the Chinese government denies it. The Chinese government must change their ethnic policy. I hope they will come on the table and talk with us. We want self-determination.

IPS: But the Chinese government alleges you have terrorist links - the reason perhaps why Taiwan refused to give you a visa?

RK: It wasn't the Taiwanese people, it was some people in their government with ties to the Chinese government - the Chinese told them I was a terrorist. I never ever had any links to terrorism. I am against all terrorists groups.

IPS: Why then are they claiming you are a terrorist?

RK: Because people are listening to my voice and I'm telling them the reality about what's going on in my country. The Chinese government wants to stop my voice. They can influence other countries by telling them I'm a terrorist.

I am a Muslim, so it is easy for them to say I am a terrorist, and maybe some people in other countries will believe it. They also say the Uyghurs are terrorists. More than 10,000 are in jail accused of being terrorists.

IPS: Is that what happened to the author of the short story Wild Pigeon? He was sentenced in 2005 to 10 years in jail for inciting Uyghur separatism.

RK: Yes. Nurmuhemmet Yasin wrote about a young pigeon - the son of a pigeon king trapped and caged by humans when he ventured far from home. In the end, he committed suicide rather than sacrifice his freedom.

Yasin wrote about freedom, so the Chinese government put him in prison for talking about it. They branded him a terrorist.

IPS: You used your wealth to provide for your fellow Uyghurs' education, employment and training through various programs. You ran the 1,000 Families Mothers' Project that helped women start businesses. Now that you are in exile, what is happening with these programs?

RK: The Chinese government completely destroyed and stopped my programs. Our children can't study and our people can't get jobs.

I hope [United States] President [Barack] Obama will talk to China about the Uyghur's problems.

IPS: Since you are living in the US now, are you worried about being assassinated? You were surrounded by heavy security in Japan.

RK: Yes, I worry about my security and I don't feel safe. In fact, when I was in America, I was involved in a car accident.

IPS: Are you saying the Chinese were responsible for the accident?

RK: Maybe. The Chinese are always giving me trouble. I'm not an enemy of the Chinese people or the government. I am only asking for the Chinese government to give the Uyghurs a chance to live our lives in peace.

IPS: How do you feel about having lost your businesses and living in exile?

RK: I am not sad and I don't regret anything. I am so happy that I opened the international community to the Uyghur voice.

IPS: Having sacrificed a lot for your people, what else are you willing to do for them?

RK: I hope to travel around the world to explain Uyghurs' problems, so they will begin to support our issues. I hope the whole world support our people's rights.

(Inter Press Service)

badguy2000

Respected Member
interview - Rebiya Kadeer.

Asia Times Online :: China News, China Business News, Taiwan and Hong Kong News and Business.

Nov 6, 2009

Uyghur activist seeks talks with Beijing

By Catherine Makino

TOKYO - Following the bloody clashes in July in Urumqi, the capital of the restive Xinjiang region in China, Uyghur activist Rebiya Kadeer found herself in the midst of another controversy, having been accused by the Chinese government of instigating the riots.

The violent incidents stemmed from an incident in June when a brawl broke out between Uyghur and Han workers at a toy factory in Guangdong province in southern China. The Han are China's majority ethnic group.

In 1953, the Uyghurs made up 75% of Xinjiang's population, but their population has dwindled to 45% since Han Chinese began to

settle in the area. Urumqi is now 70% Han, resulting in a lot of resentment among the Uyghurs, especially in the capital city.

Rebiya Kadeer, president of the Washington-based World Uyghur Congress (WUC), denies having been behind the riots that left nearly 200 dead and more than 1,000 injured.

The WUC is a federation of exile groups claiming to represent the interests of the Uyghurs inside and outside their homeland in the Xinjiang Autonomous Region of northwest China, which is rich in mineral resources and of strategic importance to Beijing.

The 11 million-strong Uyghurs are a predominantly Muslim minority in China that has allegedly been subject to systematic oppression by the Chinese government.

Kadeer, 62, spent six years in prison for criticizing the Chinese government's policies in Xinjiang. She was freed in 2005 after pressure from the George W Bush administration, and moved to Virginia in the United States.

Dubbed "the millionairess", Kadeer has been ranked China's 34th richest person with a fortune of US$25 million. She built up and ran a multi-million dollar trading company and a department store in Urumqi.

Until her falling out with Beijing, she was on China's top political body - the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference - which represents people who are not members of the ruling Communist Party.

Her third visit to Japan last week to speak at universities and before non-profit groups coincided with the publication of her biography, Dragon Fighter: One Woman's Epic Struggle for Peace, in Japanese.

Reporter Catherine Makino caught up with her on Friday in Tokyo.
Inter Press Service: What have you been able to accomplish for your people?

Rebiya Kadeer: I brought optimism and encouragement to my nation.

My people are always worrying about China's ethnic policy. Many Uyghurs have been killed, and they are anxious about being driven out from their lands. We need one voice, and my voice is my nation's voice. I travel around world and ask the international community to protect the Uyghurs. I explain our problems to the world.

IPS: But how can your voice be heard when your people cannot reach you by Internet or by phone?

RK: We can't contact them by international phone or [the] Internet. In fact, more than 1,500 websites have been closed and their members arrested. They hear my words through Radio Free Asia [which also interviewed her in Tokyo]. Some people in Shanghai and Beijing hear my voice and then send it inside Xinjiang.

IPS: What do you hope to achieve in the next few years for your people?

RS: I want the release of 10,000 political prisoners from jail in Xinjiang, and to stop the torture and random killing of the Uyghurs. I want Chinese groups who are roaming the streets killing Uyghurs for no reason to stop. I also want Uyghur women to be returned back to Xinjiang.

IPS: What do you mean when you say Uyghur women should be returned?

RK: China moved more than 300,000 girls between the ages of 14 and 25 outside the Xinjiang province to work and assimilate into Chinese society. Some were sent to factories while beautiful girls were sent to work in hotels and bars. The Chinese government says it's for economic opportunities, but it's not true.

The girls are miserable and crying. They don't have any freedom and have no contact with their families. They are supported [by the government] if they want to marry inside China. Maybe the riots of July 2009 happened because of this policy.

IPS: Are more Han Chinese coming to Xinjiang?

RK: Yes, every day more and more Chinese migrants are coming to live in Xinjiang. They are the ones who reap the economic benefits.

I believe there are 20 million people comprised of various ethnic groups living in Xinjiang and 10 million Han Chinese, although the Chinese government denies it. The Chinese government must change their ethnic policy. I hope they will come on the table and talk with us. We want self-determination.

IPS: But the Chinese government alleges you have terrorist links - the reason perhaps why Taiwan refused to give you a visa?

RK: It wasn't the Taiwanese people, it was some people in their government with ties to the Chinese government - the Chinese told them I was a terrorist. I never ever had any links to terrorism. I am against all terrorists groups.

IPS: Why then are they claiming you are a terrorist?

RK: Because people are listening to my voice and I'm telling them the reality about what's going on in my country. The Chinese government wants to stop my voice. They can influence other countries by telling them I'm a terrorist.

I am a Muslim, so it is easy for them to say I am a terrorist, and maybe some people in other countries will believe it. They also say the Uyghurs are terrorists. More than 10,000 are in jail accused of being terrorists.

IPS: Is that what happened to the author of the short story Wild Pigeon? He was sentenced in 2005 to 10 years in jail for inciting Uyghur separatism.

RK: Yes. Nurmuhemmet Yasin wrote about a young pigeon - the son of a pigeon king trapped and caged by humans when he ventured far from home. In the end, he committed suicide rather than sacrifice his freedom.

Yasin wrote about freedom, so the Chinese government put him in prison for talking about it. They branded him a terrorist.

IPS: You used your wealth to provide for your fellow Uyghurs' education, employment and training through various programs. You ran the 1,000 Families Mothers' Project that helped women start businesses. Now that you are in exile, what is happening with these programs?

RK: The Chinese government completely destroyed and stopped my programs. Our children can't study and our people can't get jobs.

I hope [United States] President [Barack] Obama will talk to China about the Uyghur's problems.

IPS: Since you are living in the US now, are you worried about being assassinated? You were surrounded by heavy security in Japan.

RK: Yes, I worry about my security and I don't feel safe. In fact, when I was in America, I was involved in a car accident.

IPS: Are you saying the Chinese were responsible for the accident?

RK: Maybe. The Chinese are always giving me trouble. I'm not an enemy of the Chinese people or the government. I am only asking for the Chinese government to give the Uyghurs a chance to live our lives in peace.

IPS: How do you feel about having lost your businesses and living in exile?

RK: I am not sad and I don't regret anything. I am so happy that I opened the international community to the Uyghur voice.

IPS: Having sacrificed a lot for your people, what else are you willing to do for them?

RK: I hope to travel around the world to explain Uyghurs' problems, so they will begin to support our issues. I hope the whole world support our people's rights.

(Inter Press Service)
well, I can not help laughing?

the guy called "Rebiya Kadeer " are sooooo naive that she were really having herself as somebody............

if one guy can have the qualification to negoticate some important roles like President Hu,just because he calims something,then isn't it a cheaper way to attract attention of medias than streaking on street?

wll, it seems that someday even I would be qualified to ask Obama to "negotiate with me", as long as I were to calm that I were be on the behalf muslim rebels or Bin Laden....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles