Rio Olympics 2016 and Indian performance

rishivashista13

Country flag
Are you sure that he did not dope? I mean both the samples tested positive for doping. That must mean something.
अभी शायद इसकी CBI जांच होगी , तब सच सामने आ जाना चाहिए ।
वैसे नरसिंह is not a rookie player , he is honest , hardworking , dedicated and experienced sportsman .
Recently he won medal in world championship , अभी वो अपने सबसे अच्छे form में था ।
कोई कारण नहीं नज़र आता की नरसिंह खुद जानकर dope करेगा ।
भई मुझे तो भरोसा है नरसिंह पे ।

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

rishivashista13

Country flag
So , that's over .
India with 1 silver and 1 bronze places 67 in medal telly .

Next Olympics in Tokyo .
Work hard and win Tokyo .......[emoji106]

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
One of the takeaways from Sindhu & Gopi's press conference is that he made players sing national anthem before the game.

Just feels right, and it is already known that twice a week all players at the academy sing national anthem together.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
12 crore and counting is not a bad return for Sindhu. Brand endorsements are not even counted yet..

Good for her....

Even Carolina may not be getting this much, as it is Spanish economy is in a bad shape.

salute

......................................................................................

curryman

After such a terrible performance, why aren't people questioning the need for India having a sports ministry? I mean what exactly are they doing for the betterment of sport in the country?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Ok so saw the terrible news that a marathon runner got collapsed since she could not get enough water/fuel.She somehow managed to finish race and fainted for 3 hours.Many bottles of Glucose and Sodium was given to her and somehow she got alive again.

Sports Authority flatly DENIED by saying that she didn't ask for water etc.What the hell is BJP gonna do to punish whoever was responsible? This is a reason we get no medals in Olympics.

BJP neta(Vijay Goel) went to RIO to created nuisance and got written complaint by RIO officials. BJP needs to sack everyone involved including their Ministers and the USELESS sports officials involved in this.All involved should be made to run 10 kms without water.They wasted our taxpayers money on their JUNKETS. I wish I could BITCHSLAP this Ajay Goel and likewise for wasting my tax money. :gtfo:

Marathon Runner OP Jaisha Fainted At The Finish Line After Indian Officials Failed To Provide Her Water

Though there were officials from all other countries to provide refreshments to their runners at designated points - after every 2.5 km - there was no one from India and our desks were empty next to the country's name and flag," said a distressed Jaisha.

@pmaitra : I am openly bashing BJP netas unlike you who BLINDLY supports a specific party.

@Abhijat @A chauhan @Alien @alphacentury @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @Bharat Ek Khoj @blueblood @brational @Bangalorean @Blackwater @Bornubus @bose @cobra commando @DingDong @DFI_COAS @ersakthivel @fooLIam @gpawar @guru-dutt @hit&run @HariPrasad-1 @Indx TechStyle @jackprince @Kharavela @Illusive @I_PLAY_BAD @LETHALFORCE @Lions Of Punjab @maomao @Mad Indian @OneGrimPilgrim @Peter @piKacHHu @pmaitra @porky_kicker @Razor @raja696 @Rowdy @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @saty @sydsnyper @Srinivas_K @Screambowl @sorcerer @Simple_Guy
@Sylex21 @wickedone @tarunraju @TrueSpirit2 @thethinker @vayuu1 @VIP @Vishwarupa @VIP @Varahamihira @roma @Navnit Kundu

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Government ( State level ) sport infrastructure and people manning them are poor and egoistic respectively, They play with player`s carriers all the time ..

I have been in private as well as Government shooting institutions and know to talk abt this ..

===================

Infrastructure is really low grade, Not at all comparable with international standards ..

pmaitra

Ok so saw the terrible news that a marathon runner got collapsed since she could not get enough water/fuel.She somehow managed to finish race and fainted for 3 hours.Many bottles of Glucose and Sodium was given to her and somehow she got alive again.

Sports Authority flatly DENIED by saying that she didn't ask for water etc.What the hell is BJP gonna do to punish whoever was responsible? This is a reason we get no medals in Olympics.

BJP neta(Vijay Goel) went to RIO to created nuisance and got written complaint by RIO officials. BJP needs to sack everyone involved including their Ministers and the USELESS sports officials involved in this.All involved should be made to run 10 kms without water.They wasted our taxpayers money on their JUNKETS. I wish I could BITCHSLAP this Ajay Goel and likewise for wasting my tax money. :gtfo:

Marathon Runner OP Jaisha Fainted At The Finish Line After Indian Officials Failed To Provide Her Water

@pmaitra : I am openly bashing BJP netas unlike you who BLINDLY supports a specific party.

@Abhijat @A chauhan @Alien @alphacentury @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @Bharat Ek Khoj @blueblood @brational @Bangalorean @Blackwater @Bornubus @bose @cobra commando @DingDong @DFI_COAS @ersakthivel @fooLIam @gpawar @guru-dutt @hit&run @HariPrasad-1 @Indx TechStyle @jackprince @Kharavela @Illusive @I_PLAY_BAD @LETHALFORCE @Lions Of Punjab @maomao @Mad Indian @OneGrimPilgrim @Peter @piKacHHu @pmaitra @porky_kicker @Razor @raja696 @Rowdy @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @saty @sydsnyper @Srinivas_K @Screambowl @sorcerer @Simple_Guy
@Sylex21 @wickedone @tarunraju @TrueSpirit2 @thethinker @vayuu1 @VIP @Vishwarupa @VIP @Varahamihira @roma @Navnit Kundu
I don't want to discuss politics in this thread. Responded here: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/chit-chat-thread.4046/page-555#post-1195961

rishabh

Attachments

Subbu

Country flag
http://radicalhunt.com/news/victory-ride-on-open-top-bus/

Olympic champion PV Sindhu arrived this morning August 22, 2016 at the Hyderabad airport, where she visited for Victory Ride On Open-Top Bus where hundreds had gathered to greet her. Top politicians and others bumped into crowd to present flowers and shawls and click pics with the first Indian woman to win a Silver medal at the Games.

http://radicalhunt.com/news/victory-ride-on-open-top-bus/
What is Olympic champion ? at-least enlighten yourself with proper terminology while writing something.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

National record holder OP Jaisha collapsed after completing her 42 kilometre run at the Olympic Games in Rio. Speaking to TIMES NOW, she revisits her ordeal, stating Indian officials were not present at the water stations to offer her a bottle of water.

Jaisha narrates she is lucky to have survived the run after being unconscious for close to three hours without being attended to.

Jaisha's condition is an example of the apathy that Indian athletes face due to negligence and errors of a few bureaucrats who hog the limelight using the athletes as a demo.

On THE NEWSHOUR, we ask, does Jaisha's story expose the plight of Indian sports?

IBSA

Country flag
I heard an Indian athletic was detected with zika virus when arrived in India.

Well, my regrets about this. It would be better if the american goalkepeer Hope Solo had catched after her statements on Brazil, or the swimmer Ryan Lochte after he lied for Brazilian police.

Zika: Brazilian biological weapon! :devil:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
She was even announced she was dead by her coach ..

===============

We are bashing ours authorities not yours, Our Athletics were fine ..

Well, my regrets about this. It would be better if the american goalkepeer Hope Solo had catched after her statements on Brazil, or the swimmer Ryan Lochte after he lied for Brazilian police.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

It has been confirmed that the athlete was having H1N1 not ZIKA.
I Liked what was done to that american goal keeper, shouting 'ZIKA' by the whole stadium every time she touched the ball.

And looks like Ryan Lochte has been punished, the guy lost all his endorsements in two days..

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
She was even announced she was dead by her coach ..
Probably her heart rate dropped because she was put in ice bath immediately, cold skin and very faint heart beat would scare the shit out of anybody especially in such a tense situation.
For now i am of the opinion, that the coach is the weak link in this whole episode.

IBSA

Country flag
It has been confirmed that the athlete was having H1N1 not ZIKA.
I Liked what was done to that american goal keeper, shouting 'ZIKA' by the whole stadium every time she touched the ball.

And looks like Ryan Lochte has been punished, the guy lost all his endorsements in two days..
That was the minimum that she deserved. And the zika's shouts had effect with USA elimination. :bounce:

Before the zika virus appeared, we have already the word 'zica' in people's vocabulary, which means like 'bad luck', when the things arent going right. And 'zicado' he who are with 'zica', living a bad phase. So when zika virus arise, the people did many jokes with it. Hope Solo wanted to damage Brazil's world image due to zika and she was 'zicked' by the Brazilians fans.:devil:

About Ryan Lochte, he dont was punished truely, for sponsors arent law's agents. If it were a Brazilian or another nationality lying to American police, he likely will be jailed for some time. Lochte should be extradited to Brazil and pay by what he did. But with this current coupist gov, I think they will not annoy their American bosses.:mad2:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
PM Modi announces Task Force to prepare India for next three Olympics
India at Olympics: PM Modi sets up task force
NEW DELHI: With India getting only two medals in the Rio Olympics, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today announced the decision to set up a Task Force to prepare a comprehensive action plan for effective participation in the next three Olympics.
According to the announcement made by Modi at the meeting of Council of Ministers here, the Task Force comprising experts will be set up over the next few days.
"The Task Force will be set up to prepare a comprehensive action plan for effective participation of Indian sports persons in the next three Olympic games 2020, 2024 and 2028," a PMO statement said.
"The Task Force will prepare overall strategy for sports facility, training, selection procedure and other related matters," it said.
It said the Task Force will comprise members who are in house experts as well as those from outside.
The next Olympic Games will be held in Tokyo in 2020.
The decision to set up the Task Force comes against the backdrop of India's dismal performance in Rio Olympics as the country won only one Silver and one Bronze even after sending its biggest contingent of 118 athletes.
India finished 67th in the medal tally.
READ MORE:
Tokyo Olympics|PM Modi|Olympics|Olympic Task Force

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles