Rich Pakistanis planning to run to UK with their money

Welcome

Country flag
LONDON: Affluent Pakistanis are taking keen interest in migrating to Britain under an upcoming scheme designed to attract the rich and mighty from around the world.

The News can disclose that dozens of multi-millionaire Pakistanis have contacted - and even hired in some cases - leading immigration solicitors in London to prepare their cases for immigration on "super-fast track" once the relevant laws were implemented.

A source in the Home Office confirmed that several "high-net-worth Pakistanis" had evinced great interest in shifting to Britain under the new immigration scheme, which would be implemented in April.

The new scheme almost reverses the current stringent rules. It will provide special incentives to rich foreigners to invest in Britain and inject the much-needed cash into the recession-hit economy.

According to the scheme, rich foreigners who could bring in £10 million for investment would be eligible for a fast-tracked permanent residency within two years - unlike five years for all categories under current rules. Those with £5 million would qualify in three years and those with £1 million would get residency in five years.

The Conservative-Lib Dem coalition government faced growing criticism over cuts in the services sectors expenditures and job slashing. The number of jobless is about to hit 3 million as many companies are laying off staff on a daily basis. Thus, the flow of money from abroad under the immigration scheme would be a welcome boost to the stalled British economy.

The Conservatives promised at the time of the election in May last year that they would cut immigration from hundreds of thousands to tens of thousands. The government is now planning to slash the number of foreign students to reduce net migration but this measure will hit the cash-strapped universities, dependant on international students.

The immigration clauses relating to the wealthy are undergoing a sea change, including the time period for gaining a permanent stay in Britain being drastically slashed. To qualify for a visa, an investor migrant will have to spend six months in the country instead of current requirement of nine months.

The individuals from countries such as India, Pakistan, Russia and those in the Middle East will take the opportunity offered by the new route to settle in Britain. There may not be a lot of Pakistanis eager to invest in the £10 million category but the number of those in £5 million and £1 million brackets could easily reach hundreds, the Home Office source said.

Talking to The News, a London-based solicitor confirmed that he was dealing with files of six rich families from Lahore and Karachi, who intended to migrate to Britain under the new scheme. "They are not happy with the unstable situation in Pakistan and Britain is a paradise for their capital. It's clear to see why they want to move out," he said, while speaking on condition of anonymity.

Another solicitor, who deals with a vast number of portfolio investors mainly from the Middle East, also confirmed that he had been approached by well-off Pakistani clients about the new immigration rules.

Fraz Butt of Saracens Solicitors, Marble Arch, London told The News: "Our Pakistani clients are showing substantial interest in migrating to Britain through the investment route as a consequence of the incentives on offer and the fast tracked timetable. Our Pakistani and Middle Eastern clients seek security for their investments and a stable environment for their children, which regrettably is not currently on offer in Pakistan. We are now servicing these clients and in turn assisting the government with its plans to enhance the austerity plans. It is truly a unique opportunity."

A UK Border Agency spokesperson told The News: "The government has been clear that we want to attract the brightest and the best to help our economic recovery. We believe that entrepreneurs, investors, and people of exceptional talent have the most to offer in terms of driving economic growth. We are looking at ways to encourage investors to come to the UK and to make the application process more user-friendly; we will announce changes in due course."

http://www.thenews.com.pk/TodaysPrintDetail.aspx?ID=32808&Cat=2&dt=2/24/2011

Oracle

Britain axes it's own feet, yet again. I bet even Hafiz Sayeed has pound 10 million. This is exactly how Britain gets radicalized, for Pakistan is Britain's promiscuous & prodigal daughter.

Last edited:
Country flag
good move UK allow more radicals in and foreign investment will automatically move out.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
This is pleasing news. Hopefully they destroy britain from within.

I bet if that happens they will regret divide and conquer policy in the future.

Blackwater

Nothing new. Elite pakistanis including there politians are having dual nationality. It's strange but allowed in failed state.. to name a few. their former foreign minister shah mahmood qureshi is U.S citizen. Their home minister Rehman Malik is U.K citizen. Altaf Hussian MQM leader is UK citizen. Their former primeminister Shaukat aziz was US citizen. lot more

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle

/\/\/\ You guys are so pessimistic. Rani ke desh main, sab allowed hai :pound:
Multi-culturism you see! :D

Oracle

ROFLMAO! Mods please ban SI, he's speaking too much truth :pound: :pound:

ganesh177

Country flag
There is another angle as well to this discussion.
Whatever riches are if they are going out of pakistan then it will be even more poorer that it is currently. Also means less jobs, more unemployment, more radialisation, more terrorising, and all this eventually will speed up the process of downfall of pakistan.

Oracle

Downfall of Pakistan - Throw some British passports in scattered places across Pakistan.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Is there any guarantee that these rich Pakistan won't promote jihad from the UK?

johnee

This is pleasing news. Hopefully they destroy britain from within.

I bet if that happens they will regret divide and conquer policy in the future.
Great minds think alike...:namaste:

johnee

Is there any guarantee that these rich Pakistan won't promote jihad from the UK?
A leopard wont change its spots just because it relocated to a new spot...

A jihadi in Lahore remains a jihadi in London...

Perhaps, in the next twenty years, we will be talking about rich jihadis relocating to Las Vegas from London as britain is 'radicalised' and dying...

Oracle

No. Aren't they doing it even now?

In 2006, during a trip to the UK, I was once in East London, Whitechapel to be more precise. There was this enormous gathering of Pakistani and Bangladeshi origin Britishers. Some sermons were also being spoken, of which I gave little attention. One guy approached me for my sub-continent looks and asked me for donations, the money which then will be sent to Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan. He also asked me to buy a picture of Bush marked as a terrorist, and another of Blair also marked as a terrorist, for a pound each. I looked at him and said, how does it matter to you what's happening in Iraq or in Pakistan, and how can you be so sure that these money won't land up with terrorist organizations. He shot back, brother those are freedom fighters of Allah. I wanted to punch that schmuck in the face, but then I kept my cool and replied back - then ask Allah for donations, I won't donate for terrorist causes. He was shocked & taken aback, I moved on.

Once again in Southall, during the same period - 3 small girls came to me for donation for the same purpose. I asked them, don't you have school?. They replied back, this is a holy cause and is far more important than school. I shouted, get the hell away from me. Lol. They ran away.

So Ray Sir, you see that Pakistanis who were born in the UK even have Jihadi mentality and OR are indoctrinated easily, even kids. Assuming otherwise is not an option.

johnee

No. Aren't they doing it even now?

In 2006, during a trip to the UK, I was once in East London, Whitechapel to be more precise. There was this enormous gathering of Pakistani and Bangladeshi origin Britishers. Some sermons were also being spoken, of which I gave little attention. One guy approached me for my sub-continent looks and asked me for donations, the money which then will be sent to Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan. He also asked me to buy a picture of Bush marked as a terrorist, and another of Blair also marked as a terrorist, for a pound each. I looked at him and said, how does it matter to you what's happening in Iraq or in Pakistan, and how can you be so sure that these money won't land up with terrorist organizations. He shot back, brother those are freedom fighters of Allah. I wanted to punch that schmuck in the face, but then I kept my cool and replied back - then ask Allah for donations, I won't donate for terrorist causes. He was shocked & taken aback, I moved on.

Once again in Southall, during the same period - 3 small girls came to me for donation for the same purpose. I asked them, don't you have school?. They replied back, this is a holy cause and is far more important than school. I shouted, get the hell away from me. Lol. They ran away.

So Ray Sir, you see that Pakistanis who were born in the UK even have Jihadi mentality and OR are indoctrinated easily, even kids. Assuming otherwise is not an option.
Jihadis of britain are far more radical because they do not experience the brutal affects of their ideology. So, these jihadis are taken in by the promise of jihad delivering a land of milk and honey. The pakistani jihadis, on the other hand, are in the middle of the action and can be more realistic.

Welcome

Country flag
there are mostly three type of class in Pakistan:
1: Rich and powerful But never paid tax.
2: Rich business class but powerless and paid taxes.
3: Poor and powerless and never paid taxes. We call it Lower class.
There is fewer middle class in Pakistan some paid tax but most of them never paid. Now you can imagine that what will happened if the 2nd type of people will leave the country and migrant to other country and most probably it will happened because no businessman can be survive in unstable economy.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Any updates on Indians migrating in UK. I think it is very difficult to happen as rich people enjoy great life in India and just by throwing few buck they can get anything. What say you people?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles