Retaliation against a Nuclear attack on India

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Hmmm There is another possibility too, in case of China starting a nuke war on India, then it will give a perfect excuse for the US to nuke the Chinese... Then again I may be wrong.... But i think that situation is very likely....
You are wrong. The US is not going to sacrifice its cities and citizens for a Chini attack (if at all) on India.

addiction

Nobody knows the actual state of Indian nukes. You know we as of 2005 we had enough reactor grade fissile material to make 2000 bombs.
Ambiguity is part of deterrence strategy.
can you accept it when it comes to India? can u name a single thing that we disclosed to world after many years of that particular stuff being in service? We are over transparent and we have nothing to hide...SEE..we are still strugging with nuke subs and SLBM....ICBM too is yet to be tested....what about ASAT? ...mind u...but china has tested/accepted all these decards ago...where do we stand?

As once army or air chief told to our defence companies....we want it, i dont know how you will do it, develop it, steal it or buy it..I dont care!

YES, this is what Chinese have followed religiously though they are atheist!

To kill this snake we ve use its own venom!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
can you accept it when it comes to India? can u name a single thing that we disclosed to world after many years of that particular stuff being in service? We are over transparent and we have nothing to hide...SEE..we are still strugging with nuke subs and SLBM....ICBM too is yet to be tested....what about ASAT? ...mind u...but china has tested/accepted all these decards ago...where do we stand?

As once army or air chief told to our defence companies....we want it, i dont know how you will do it, develop it, steal it or buy it..I dont care!

YES, this is what Chinese have followed religiously though they are atheist!

To kill this snake we ve use its own venom!
Don't delude yourself. India knows how to take care of its vital interests. 74 was a "peaceful explosion". We had all peaceful intention eh? Rajiv Gandhi Tom tomming disarmament while PVN was busy building up and preparing for a test. Suddenly peaceful explosion became a weapon??

trackwhack

Depends on which data is dated when.

Anyways, the reason they were taken off is because they didn't find any use for it.

In active service does not mean taken off. It means in active service. As long as the other 1000 which are not in active service is not dismantled, they are available for use. This data is as per what the Pentagon has openly acknowledged. If there is ambiguity it is only on the higher side, not on the lower side. There is no confusion on the dates.

The size of the US megaton warheads are thrice the size of India's total warheads. You are calling that as not significant?

The size of China's megaton warheads is as much as India's total warheads. Not significant?

KS

Bye bye DFI
There will be no nuke attacks.Period.

Pakistani jurnails are not that stupid to start a nuke war knowing fully well that will be the last time they drive their A7s and BMWs and rule over their private jagir - Pakistan.....

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
China has over 100 MT warheads? Source please. Nonone knows about Chinese arsenal. They are as secretive as India.

addiction

Don't delude yourself. India knows how to take care of its vital interests. 74 was a "peaceful explosion". We had all peaceful intention eh? Rajiv Gandhi Tom tomming disarmament while PVN was busy building up and preparing for a test. Suddenly peaceful explosion became a weapon??

My comments were more inclined towards our delivery system

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
My comments were more inclined towards our delivery system
As far as Pak is concerned, we have it covered. As far as china goes, we are getting there. A3 operational, A5 coming up.

trackwhack

China has over 100 MT warheads? Source please. Nonone knows about Chinese arsenal. They are as secretive as India.
They have 60 deployed on missiles. They are speculated to have between 20 and 100 as drop bombs. Open source. Google up. I dont like Wiki very much but can point you in that direction.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The main objective is to kill enemy capability to strike..

trackwhack

The main objective is to kill enemy capability to strike..
Thats is absolutely impossible if you are talking about China and near impossible if you are talking about Pakistan.

It will take India 30 years to develop a particle beam based Anti Ballistic missile system that may come close to completely neutralizing a nuclear strike.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Thats is absolutely impossible if you are talking about China and near impossible if you are talking about Pakistan.

It will take India 30 years to develop a particle beam based Anti Ballistic missile system that may come close to completely neutralizing a nuclear strike.
I don't think you understood my point..

I meant to neutralism enemy strike capability, that means targeting C3 systems, Nuclear delivery locations, Mobile systems etc..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
particle beam based Anti Ballistic missile system that may come close to completely neutralizing a nuclear strike.
Beam weaponry systems are not good as Missile based systems, Coz the Missile based system have higher altitude interception with multiple kill vehicle, One Missile can carry 3-10 Kill vehicles, in same way if 3 missile are launched 30 kill vehicles are deployed in Space to intercept targets..

trackwhack

I don't think you understood my point..

I meant to neutralism enemy strike capability, that means targeting C3 systems, Nuclear delivery locations, Mobile systems etc..
You think it is possible? Again I would say impossible with China and improbable with Pakistan. When the Pukes realize whats happening, they may order a strike. But we are headed in the right direction with Cold Start.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Come on guys, we are not in a hurry to confront the chinese yet... We dont have to fear a nuke strike from them atleast for ten or more so years.... So within this time we should improve our no of warheads and the delivery systems... China is not strong enough (or stupid enough) to risk a nuke war with us anytime soon... they are not yet deveploped and they know it... their best bet lies in limited conflicts with India, which does not significantly affect their economy....

So we have ample time to strengthen our defences.... But the real issue is, can we do it....????

To be more precise, do we have the political commitment and will for that???

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
You think it is possible? Again I would say impossible with China and improbable with Pakistan. When the Pukes realize whats happening, they may order a strike. But we are headed in the right direction with Cold Start.
Its not impossible either, this tactics have been practice by US forces in Iraq against Scud mobile systems..

Hunting Mobile system is tricky but it can be done, You kill the static system by PGM or Tactical precision nukes, And hunt down enemy mobile systems fighters guided by Ground in-tell and satalites, But once they launch missiles its uoto BMD to take care of the thread..

Against China there is a different doctrine which is not public yet..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
If there is no political commitment there should have been no Agni 3 or 5 or BMD..

China is not even stupid enough to risk a conventional war..

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Its not impossible either, this tactics have been practice by US forces in Iraq against Scud mobile systems..

Hunting Mobile system is tricky but it can be done, You kill the static system by PGM or Tactical precision nukes, And hunt down enemy mobile systems via Air-ground fighters guided by Ground in-tell and satalites, But once they launch missiles its uoto BMD to take care of the thread..

Against China there is a different doctrine which is not public yet..
Actually Trackwack is right about it i think Sir... You see, its not easy to destroy all the enemy's arsenal.... The real difficulty will be to know areas where they are kept and deployed...... Besides, they have a much bigger strategic depth than us.... So no i dont think that is possible...

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Actually Trackwack is right about it i think Sir... You see, its not easy to destroy all the enemy's arsenal.... The real difficulty will be to know areas where they are kept and deployed...... Besides, they have a much bigger strategic depth than us.... So no i dont think that is possible...
What i am saying is to kill enemy strike capability, Killing entire arsenal is not possible in short time but one can kill its capability to deploy the system in open..

Our Intel is good about Pakistan more than CIA or any, We know what they have or where they hide, Public only know what they need to know so does Media.

The bottom line is Indian Army can take on Pakistani Nuke anytime with or without BMD , the doctrine is in effect since late 90s..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles