Retaliation against a Nuclear attack on India

Iamanidiot

Idiot you wont find any open source material on ballistic nuke triggers. Nuke triggers were made by DRDO. what is ballistic nuke triggers ??
They are vital component needed for a nuke to do its job.If we do not have that it means our only nuclear delivery vehicles is through air craft

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The thought of a war going nuclear gives me shudders. I mean retaliation or not, if a nuclear bomb does detonate, it will kill, if not dead it will kill the generations to come.

I have reached a stage where I really want to find the people who discovered such a bomb and charge them for finding such things.
The Americans started the Manhattan Project after Albert Einstein warned FDR that the Germans were working on an atomic bomb. American communist spies gave information to the Soviets, and Russia developed its own bomb.

Manhattan Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Klaus Fuchs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
what will be our nuclear retaliation for China we should discuss that too.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
China does not have a first strike arsenal and it is not foolish to go for a nuclear first strike.

trackwhack

Whether we have TNW weapons or not, we are not wise to have not perfected it through tests.

The Chinese will exhaust their nuke stockpile on us and still be able to take out less than 30% of our population but possibly 60% of our economy. The issue is we don't have a retaliatory arsenal that will match those numbers - Too few, too weak.

A deterrent is only credible if it convinces the enemy that a game of attrition will result in a loss for the enemy. Our nuclear policy experts somehow have determined that deterrent is the same as being able to target large civilian populations. This is wrong. How can we base our nuclear deterrence on the assumption that the Chinese are not crazy enough to willingly accept the casualty threshold that we are capable of? They have killed close to 100 million of their own people since 1950, you think they are not nuts enough to take another beating of that scale? And do we even have an arsenal that can deliver those numbers? - probably not, and please lets not get started with cholera will cause death.

On the other hand, the Chinese have a declared arsenal that can wipe out (not just hit, but completely wipe out) the top 100 Indian cities. That is a fact. We have to acknowledge that fact and make a statement that will make the CCP's nuts freeze. The only way to do that would be to test a megaton device but it is unlikely that we will do that. I just hope that our doctrine has built in a ready to test megaton warhead in case hostilities between India and China were to begin. Even before the CCP thinks of a nuclear posture, as hostilities start, on day one we should test it and declare that we enough such warheads to decimate China.

On Pakistan my view is simple - If they fire a nuke, even one, even if our ABM stops it, there should be massive retaliation that takes out all urban populations of more than 100,000 and military/strategic facilities followed by extensive search and destroy missions of all their hidden nuke facilities, storage etc. The country must be split up and we must have boots on the ground there for the next zillion years if need be irrespective of jihadi or whatever threats. I dont care what the world will feel about it how how our nation will be viewed. We are economically strong enough to buy our way outta that kind of shit.

lcatejas

Chinese all underground bunkers and other shelter's came out from USSR blue print ...At last they will end up with abandoned structures...

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Indo-Pak and Indo-China scenarios are completely different,India & China are not perpetual enemies actually they are cultural brothers, but Pakistan & India are enemies; a sense of cultural/religious enmity overshadows everything between them, though i know that Pakistan wont dare to nuke India in a sound mind state, yet i believe Pakistanis are mad ,so they can nuke us ! though there wont be any Pakistan then.But this is not going to happen in this decade. If it happens both the countries will aim big cities and millions of people will die, and yes Pakistan will turn into a desert.

While in case of war with China, there is an absence of cultural enmity so i think nukes will only be used to stop the war for that too there will be enough international pressure, imo both the countries are sane enough to not use nukes against each other, as both will have to face severe casualties, specially India. China will like to keep it's cities,power and money secured as they want to compete US.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Track, I will again go back to my argument asking if china is ready to loose a million citizens?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What will the US and Russia going to do with those 13,000 nukes between them? :frusty:

trackwhack

Track, I will again go back to my argument asking if china is ready to loose a million citizens?
I'd be willing to bet that they would put way more than that on the line.

1) They killed 100 million themselves since 1950.
2) even today they have more than 10,000 executions a year.
3) They have vowed to decimate Taiwan if they fail to accede

The Chinese leadership is a crazy bunch. If the trade-off is that they eliminate their greatest economic competitor and grab massive swathes of land and seal the Tibet issues once and for all, of course they would be willing to lose way more than a million citizens.

trackwhack

I'd also like to add that this is exactly where our defence and strategic policy advisors are plain wrong. Our deterrence is built on the exact same assumption - That China wont be willing to lose a million people. Seriusly man. To implement their one child policy, till date they have injected more than 3 million kids with toxin straight to their brain, right after their birth. Its the largest recorded human infanticide ever known to man. And this is a program driven by the government. You think they are scared to lose a million.

The Chinese psyche has forever, historically been ruthlessly expansionist. The only times they were stopped was when more ruthless opponents like the Mongols and the Japs put them in their place. But otherwise they really dont take any option off the table.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles