Response to BJP's Yaswant Sinha Lok Sabha speech on Sri Lanka

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If this is true, it makes it all the more imperative that Sri Lanka rapidly acquire the means to defend itself...
That is exactly what SL is doing.

Xi Jumping has stated that China will defend SL.

Totally outsourced!

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
India cannot do anything to us. If India can it should have dealt with Pakistan a long time ago.
We took care of pakistan long ago, read the historical events occurred during the time period of 1965-71. pakisatnis till this day are grieving from the shameful atrocities they committed against their brethren in the name of changing their gene pool.

What's India going to do - bomb Sri Lanka if China starts putting long-range radars, Flankers, and IRBM/SAM batteries there?
Oh please, save that long range crap for the long pending list of warnings that china had been issuing for more that 5 years now. Sri Lanka is like a child unaware of the danger exists out of it's crib, They know damn well of the giant elephant resides on it's North.

fruitcake

The SL issue will only be solved if US power wanes and the world enters a Bipolar or multi polar phase. SL would not be able to accomaodate Indian, Chinese and US interests all at the same time. A time will come when it will have to choose between the three. This would result in powers taking sides on the SL issue.It is the end of the cold War and the US dominated unipolar world order along with other factors that have resulted in the situation in SL.

aerokan

Country flag
If this is true, it makes it all the more imperative that Sri Lanka rapidly acquire the means to defend itself...
Huh!!! There is an easier way if they don't know it already. It's called "Stop being an ASS"

t_co

Huh!!! There is an easier way if they don't know it already. It's called "Stop being an ASS"
No, that puts them at the mercy of India. The easier way is to invite the PLA to set up SAM batteries, radar systems, IRBMs, airbases hosting advanced fighters, and naval bases hosting nuclear submarines, as well as a 20-year mutual defense treaty...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Indeed, the best thing that could happen to SL asking for Chinese protection is that it takes shape of being another Hong Kong of China.

Sri Lankans might as well start getting a headstart by learning Mandarin.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yeshwant Sinha presented very idealistic points. Sri Lanka replied with realistic answers although some were off the mark.

I still see the end motive of it all is to score political points than actually help anyone here including the Lankan Tamils.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Much of the "reply" is just unadulterated baloney, something only a brain dead sinhala can conjure up.

mikhail

Country flag
India cannot do anything to us. If India can it should have dealt with Pakistan a long time ago.
come on you think you can resist an Indian invasion even in your dream!heck our C.A.P.F. are enough to invade and conquer that pathetic island of yours.you are really a bunch of ungrateful people after all its in your blood(being the descendants of demons).you supported pakistan in '71,you killed a 100,000 innocent Hindu Tamils in the pretext of fighting the LTTE and you think you can get away with it.just wait until 2014 and then we'll show you your true place in this world.you murdered our Hindu brothers in cold blood,now its our turn to return you the favor along with full interest.

mikhail

Country flag
No, that puts them at the mercy of India. The easier way is to invite the PLA to set up SAM batteries, radar systems, IRBMs, airbases hosting advanced fighters, and naval bases hosting nuclear submarines, as well as a 20-year mutual defense treaty...
and you think you can save SL's a** by doing all those things!Iwe are the dominating power of the I.O.R. and there's absolutely nothing that you can do to save the lankans after all its your shipping route that passes through the I.O.R..now go and cry me a river will ya!

mikhail

Country flag
Then, pray, do tell us what you could possibly do to stop us? ;)
first you tell me how are your PLAN going to survive the onslaught of the Indian Navy in the I.O.R. in case of a full fledged war with India!your navy isn't even capable enough to dominate the S.C.S. region and you are talking about dominating the I.O.R. against the might of the Indian Navy!i would suggest you to come out of your wet dream world and smell the coffee buddy!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles