REQUEST for every DFI members

kseeker

Retired
This means that we have divergent views on what is in our nation's interest (based on our selfish or selfless interests).
Yes, our views are different.

I have no idea what do you mean by this. I am guessing its an attack on AAP.

Kejriwal is pro-decentralization. @Yusuf will be able to explain better.
That was my response to @happy's post #31 and yes, criticism on AAP as well.

Has this something to do with Akhand Bharat ? Then I don't support it but not a dealbreaker.
I didn't have that in mind but if that's possible, why not? :D

Because its according to you, not in nation's interest. However, why would the Constitution allow something which is not in nation's interest ?
Again, you misinterpreted my reply, please see post #33.

In a Republic, minority views are respected.
I agree and not against minority views till it doesn't affect our national interests and security. I don't know, why do you bring Muslims and Minority aspects when I didn't assert anything on that topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

kseeker

Retired
With all due respect, I think there is a lot of narrow mindedness and insecurity.
Who are narrow minded and insecure?

Do you think just Modi and his views can control all the BJP/RSS cadres ??? Absolutely not !!!!!
No, I don't think Modi is Messiah however, at present he is the best choice for me.

After all, Modi is just a pawn in RSS grand strategy.
RSS grand strategy? :shocked: What's that? Care to elaborate?

feathers

Tihar Jail
Banned
No discrimination: An imbecile's vote has as much value as a scientist's.
True and this is the real power of democracy, here voters should be educated how they vote can bring change in their life, society and to the country over all.

rajsking

Country flag
MMS is PM and belongs to RAjya Sabha.:lol:
MMS is PM because his party(inc its allies) has majority in LS. PARTY matters not INDIVIDUALS.
Inspite of the fact that, we do not have presidential system - the anti-defection law made it deemed presidential system. Our elected representatives have to vote according to party lines and party has to tow the line of its high command - making the whole executive being run on the whims of few persons.Real power rests with them and not with the parliament.
in LS elections - there is nothing like good local leaders. Local leaders matters ZILTCH.

Want proof -
Seemandhra MPs from congress party - their party is in power - still they have no say in the issue which matters them most.
Ajay makan - your delhi MP - was in favour of Govt bringing the ordinance against SC judgement on convicted politicians. Few minutes later - RG spoke - and the stand of complete congress party changes.

Your stand that we should vote for best candidate is bound to fail in the present form of parliamentary democracy.
Our consititution donnot mention about parties. Anna hazare has also pointed it to be the main cause of the problem. But later govt brought acts to give due recognition to the parties in parliament.

SO, if you believe that you are voting for local leaders - all the best to you.
You just voted for unstable and weak govt at centre - which will be even more prone to "COALITION DHARMA".

nirranj

Country flag
well i am not saying you have to vote for which person , but i think you should vote for india.
Bro, You can read my post completely.. My vote is for India and Democracy. But when Somebody who has robbed this nation is contesting, I will do what I can do to ensure that person is not elected. Every vote counts in Democracy.

happy

What an Ironic Comment!!

Of course, Christians and Muslims voting for Chrisitan and Muslim parties/allied parties for the sake of Religion is not narrow mindedness at all :rolleyes:

Its wrong only when Hindus do it:truestory:
I think you got it wrong. When minorities are threatened with their very existence...........then religion does play a role at voting booths.

Last edited:

happy

Who are narrow minded and insecure?

No, I don't think Modi is Messiah however, at present he is the best choice for me.

RSS grand strategy? :shocked: What's that? Care to elaborate?
Narrow minded are those who think that Modi can do nothing wrong. Insecure are those minorities including myself who are / feel repeatedly threatened by RSS cadres and people like Aseemanand.

Modi alone cannot reign in RSS cadres when they go astray and many innocent people are paying with their lives each time. But of course this has been happening since time immemorial and I dont think anybody can understand it now.

Well, you know better.

happy

Same reciprocal logic dictates that Hindus should be insecure about Minority appeasing parties like CONs, AAPs, and the lot for lots of practical and historical reasons. Yet, somehow Hindus dont seem to care about religion when voting(probably has something to do with them lacking self respect).

Minorities crying foul about identity politics is the biggest hypocrisy there can be in India
I do not intend to demean or dishonour anybody. I have a very many friends around India and abroad who are hindus, muslims and sikhs among others. I have high regard for them and value their friendship and likewise with them. I tell this so that you can keep yourself from making derogatory comments but at least try to think openly.

It is not about identity at all !!! It is about the basic constitutional right of Freedom of Religion which I have seen RSS badger around.

kseeker

Retired
Narrow minded are those who think that Modi can do nothing wrong. Insecure are those minorities including myself who are / feel repeatedly threatened by RSS cadres and people like Aseemanand.

Modi alone cannot reign in RSS cadres when they go astray and many innocent people are paying with their lives each time. But of course this has been happening since time immemorial and I dont think anybody can understand it now.

Well, you know better.
I agree with you.

However, mass perceptions are hard to change and will continue to grow based on propagandas.

Since, most of the minorities feel that Modi is evil they won't vote for him/BJP similarly, some of the hindus because of their faith/belief will not vote to other parties except BJP. It's unfortunate however, that's how it is!

kseeker

Retired
It is not about identity at all !!! It is about the basic constitutional right of Freedom of Religion which I have seen RSS badger around.
I am unable to comprehend this, could you elaborate it please?

happy

MMS is PM because his party(inc its allies) has majority in LS. PARTY matters not INDIVIDUALS.
Inspite of the fact that, we do not have presidential system - the anti-defection law made it deemed presidential system. Our elected representatives have to vote according to party lines and party has to tow the line of its high command - making the whole executive being run on the whims of few persons.Real power rests with them and not with the parliament.
in LS elections - there is nothing like good local leaders. Local leaders matters ZILTCH.

Want proof -
Seemandhra MPs from congress party - their party is in power - still they have no say in the issue which matters them most.
Ajay makan - your delhi MP - was in favour of Govt bringing the ordinance against SC judgement on convicted politicians. Few minutes later - RG spoke - and the stand of complete congress party changes.

Your stand that we should vote for best candidate is bound to fail in the present form of parliamentary democracy.
Our consititution donnot mention about parties. Anna hazare has also pointed it to be the main cause of the problem. But later govt brought acts to give due recognition to the parties in parliament.

SO, if you believe that you are voting for local leaders - all the best to you.
You just voted for unstable and weak govt at centre - which will be even more prone to "COALITION DHARMA".
I think the bold part is addressed to me as well, because I am advocating to vote for the best candidate irrespective of the party. Hence my reply...

Now, I would like to pose a counter question.....People have voted Congress into power two consecutive terms and they (Congress) have once again proved to be an epic failure. Yet, we were forced to suffer financially and our nation lost face internationally due to the incessant scams and poor decision making. What were we able to do during these 10 years ?? Have we been able to bring reforms in the administration during these years??? NO !!!

Do you think it is going to be any different under BJP rule ??? Well, on past experience we can say YES or maybe NO. But can anyone guarantee that the Crores of Rupees from public coffers spent on elections will bring peace and prosperity to the Nation ??? Again NOOOO !!!!!

India was intended to become a Democracy with a Strong Center. But can anybody guarantee that ??? Yes, the centre is strong in some aspects, but what about all the others ??? Is there any responsibility within the govt for deeds gone wrong ??? As a policy maker, instead of accepting the blame for their flawed policies ministers are ready to blame the civil servants !!!

The ruling parties have no more fear that they may be prosecuted for crimes committed under their rule. They are sleeping soundly at night because the people have no choice but to vote for only one or the other and if not this term then in the next term they will again rule. This should change.

Well, my POV is that, if local leaders are worthwhile, someone or the other will hold their own ruling govt to task for making any flawed decision and their voice will be heard.

AND YES OUR POLITICAL SYSTEM NEEDS A REVAMP AND THERE IS NO BETTER TIME THAN THE PRESENT !!!

happy

I am unable to comprehend this, could you elaborate it please?
Please, let us not go into the details as it may potentially derail this thread and also emotions will run high. You are free to google and I am sure you will find enough info. :)

kseeker

Retired
Please, let us not go into the details as it may potentially derail this thread and also emotions will run high. You are free to google and I am sure you will find enough info. :)
:hmm: Alright. I understand :)

arya

Country flag
all users thread is a request for every user to vote in 2014 election . and consider nation first .

we can talk other things on other thread

rajsking

Country flag
I think the bold part is addressed to me as well, because I am advocating to vote for the best candidate irrespective of the party. Hence my reply...

Now, I would like to pose a counter question.....People have voted Congress into power two consecutive terms and they (Congress) have once again proved to be an epic failure. Yet, we were forced to suffer financially and our nation lost face internationally due to the incessant scams and poor decision making. What were we able to do during these 10 years ?? Have we been able to bring reforms in the administration during these years??? NO !!!

AND YES OUR POLITICAL SYSTEM NEEDS A REVAMP AND THERE IS NO BETTER TIME THAN THE PRESENT !!!
You just voted for unstable and weak govt at centre - which will be even more prone to "COALITION DHARMA"

Govt depending upon support of many partners will be short lived and ineffective - remember VP, chandrashekhar, gowda and gujrals times. Everyone in parliament will be aspiring to be PM. For supporting the govt, everyone will be wanting their constituency should be given special package. A weak govt will have to satisfy all in order to remain in power. Its your view if you prefer to have many more Shoib Iqbals at Centre. - Whatever little time a govt will have to govern will be spent in ensuring numbers. And don't think that AK like PM will suit India - who will keep on threatening for fresh elections at the drop of hat - consider about national security first.

Read the article - maybe it will help you understand how such system will effect national security
National Interest: Arvind Chitra Katha | The Indian Express

My belief is - if you have more number of stakeholders - they will be more interested in extracting biggest pie for themselves and their constituencies. Local matters will hold greater importance than national matters. The original purpose of parliament is to pass law - executive power is something additional. And in this scenario - parliament will stop functioning for its original purpose.

So a weak govt means:
govt will have no time to govern. - To change system you need strong leadership.
national security will be at risk - already present govt have done much harm to it.
frequent elections will lead to more corruption

No-one knows what future holds for you. Everyone tries to make rational decision.
But my view is such a weak govt will do even more harm than the present Congress govt.
But points raised by you can be taken care of if we have"right to recall". It will be just the first step and many other step will be required to change the system.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Agreed. My point being that Modi alone cannot change India because he himself is subservient to other ideologies and practices.
He has not proved anything like that by his actions/behavior so far !

Well, you know better.
OT but Aseemanand is just an accused not proven guilty by the court so far. nor even charge-sheeted, only conspiracy theories against him. I have lived in a small Muslim area in my city in rent when I was studying, and during last 6 months about 13 IM operatives have been arrested from that area, and I see them every time when they are produced before the court because their prosecution is going in my local court. I think the majority of this country is facing a serious 'life' threat from the fake-secular parties like Congress which has screwed/let to be screwed the demographics in the north-east for its vote-bank which can cause another partition of the nation. Their are many Christian/Islamic nations in the world but no single Hindu nation, Hindus do not want that India becomes a Hindu state and are secular by nature, but at least malicious anti-Hindu parties, policies, their vote-bank politics will have to be stopped. BJP is three times more liberal and secularist than so called secularist parties. And so the fear of majority is also real and counts.

On topic,

Nation needs a strong,stable and reliable government and only BJP can give such government which can "try" to develop the nation and at least "try" to deal with the grave issues which have emerged due to misrule of Congress in the last 10+55 years.

happy

You just voted for unstable and weak govt at centre - which will be even more prone to "COALITION DHARMA"

Govt depending upon support of many partners will be short lived and ineffective - remember VP, chandrashekhar, gowda and gujrals times. Everyone in parliament will be aspiring to be PM. For supporting the govt, everyone will be wanting their constituency should be given special package. A weak govt will have to satisfy all in order to remain in power. Its your view if you prefer to have many more Shoib Iqbals at Centre. - Whatever little time a govt will have to govern will be spent in ensuring numbers. And don't think that AK like PM will suit India - who will keep on threatening for fresh elections at the drop of hat - consider about national security first.

Read the article - maybe it will help you understand how such system will effect national security
National Interest: Arvind Chitra Katha | The Indian Express

My belief is - if you have more number of stakeholders - they will be more interested in extracting biggest pie for themselves and their constituencies. Local matters will hold greater importance than national matters. The original purpose of parliament is to pass law - executive power is something additional. And in this scenario - parliament will stop functioning for its original purpose.

So a weak govt means:
govt will have no time to govern. - To change system you need strong leadership.
national security will be at risk - already present govt have done much harm to it.
frequent elections will lead to more corruption

No-one knows what future holds for you. Everyone tries to make rational decision.
But my view is such a weak govt will do even more harm than the present Congress govt.
But points raised by you can be taken care of if we have"right to recall". It will be just the first step and many other step will be required to change the system.
Firstly, I don't understand your logic in selectively replying to my post :).

Secondly, the claim that everyone want to become a PM does not justify your arguments and your examples of VP and all do not lend any credibility to your claim for the simple reason that they are not appropriate examples. In fact, since independence we have never had this kind of a situation.

If at all independents can become the majority they can then have internal voting to elect leaders for each and every position and they can set time period for holding office. I don't think that it will be any extra burden but it will certainly increase responsibility and Good Governance.

While writing this I get the idea that, In fact we should have a national referendum to abolish all political parties and go for only independent candidates with the above system which I just mentioned.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles