Reports China building 2nd aircraft carrier deleted from websites

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Reports that China is building second aircraft carrier deleted from websites

Social media message from Chinese authority which won contract appears to confirm construction and is then removed

China's first aircraft carrier, which was renovated from an old aircraft carrier bought from Ukraine in 1998, is seen docked at Dalian Port, Liaoning province, in a 2012 photo

A firm has won a contract to supply cabling for a second Chinese aircraft carrier, comments by local authorities suggested in the latest sign that Beijing is boosting its maritime power, although news of the development was swiftly deleted online.

Authorities in Changzhou said on a verified social media account that "in 2015, our city will focus on promoting some major programmes", including Jiangsu Shangshang Cable Group "winning the contract for China's second aircraft carrier".

The Changzhou Evening News carried a similar report at the weekend, although both the newspaper article and the post on Sina Weibo, a Twitter-like microblogging service, were deleted shortly after publication.

Neither report gave details of the ship.

China's first aircraft carrier was purchased from Ukraine through an intermediary and was commissioned in 2012, while the country's defence spending has been increasing sharply in recent years.

The deputy chief of staff of China's navy, Song Xue, said in April 2013 that the country "will have more than one aircraft carrier" but left the timing open.

In a subsequent leak, Wang Min - the Communist Party secretary of Liaoning province, where China's first aircraft carrier is based - said the country was already working on a second ship to be completed around 2020.

Propaganda authorities ordered that all reports of Wang's remarks be deleted, according to US-based China Digital Times, which monitors censorship in China.

Nevertheless, China's nationalist commentators quickly responded to the latest reports, calling Monday for more aircraft carriers to be built in the face of "Western-backed provocations".

"China is now the world's second-largest economy, but its only flattop is a training ship rebuilt from an ex-Soviet aircraft carrier," said an op-ed by Sun Xiaobo in the Global Times, which is affiliated with the official Communist Party newspaper, the People's Daily.

"This is no match to the country's economic strength."

Though China's defence spending is growing by double digits and it has acquired its first aircraft carrier, the country remains far behind the United States in military capacity and reach.

The defence ministry said last week that China's military training this year will focus on "improving fighting capacity" to win "local wars", with Beijing embroiled in several territorial disputes.

China has been involved in occasionally tense confrontations with Japan and the Philippines over maritime disputes in the East China Sea and South China Sea respectively, amid fears that the disputes could result in armed clashes.
Reports that China is building second aircraft carrier deleted from websites | World news | The Guardian
This aspect is very important.
The defence ministry said last week that China's military training this year will focus on "improving fighting capacity" to win "local wars", with Beijing embroiled in several territorial disputes.
While the Chinese authorities have indicated that the second aircraft carrier is on the way, why have they now wiped out all references on the web and otherwise?

Is it to keep it a secret or is it because they have failed to construct?

sorcerer

Country flag
Mostly it must have to do with the projection of "peaceful rise".

mseven

Maybe it has something to do with the EMALS system India is receiving for INS Vishal? :scared2:

redragon

Country flag
Unlike India, who is so successful in building indigenous AC, China failed again as what Ray always know, that is why they delete news about the failure to avoid losing face.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Unlike India, who is so successful in building indigenous AC, China failed again as what Ray always know, that is why they delete news about the failure to avoid losing face.
today i bought a cover for my new tablet - it was a china made and one of the
securing holders came off the minute i got home ....

fortunately i did ask for a receipt, which incidentally i had to ask for,
as the seller happily took my money and put the cover in a bag and was
about to bid me farewell

so i thought no problem they will give me the money ...but no they gave me a
replacement instead - a red cover for the original black ...and so i thought
well red is a bit unusual but never mind

then i went off to have afternoon tea with friends and was about to show off
the newly bought tablet cover,
when lo and behold
after putting the tablet in the cover and closing it,
the tablet just slid off and would have fallen on
the floor if i had not been quick enough to catch it in mid air

....everybody in the cafe started rolling on the floor ,
laughing their heads off

- a real rolfmao - - in actual reality ! :rofl:

well now came the stories quick and fast, from the whole cafe about ccpland products
pliers that broke when used, wallets with holes - you name it

so now i had to quickly finish having tea and with another lady we rushed back to the
shop and before i could describe what had happened they told me they knew
and said here's your money back
that was so ridiculous that we forgot to lose our cool

so they knew it was a defective design but still offered for sale to customers

reminds me of 1962 - we are friends and will solve things peacefully !!!!!

manufacturing genius - manufactures anything !, just to get ahead .:bs:

Last edited:

anupamsurey

Country flag
welcome to the world of Made in China.

by the way, i have experienced this when i was in 7 std. (some 12 yr ago) since then its a big no to Made in China tag.
i even give nightmares to the shop owners where I shop. it is difficult to be a no china product buyer because the chineese goods seem to be every where in this world.

In our Locality there is a syaing about chinese goods- Chale to chand tak nahi to raat tak (means they last for only a night or a fortnight).

anupamsurey

Country flag
I was reading a work of Fiction called the great Zoo of China- by Matthew Reilly, and i came across a phrase in which author says that Chinese can build anything but they need a foreign hand (like designing, or conceptualizing) to make it successful. and it is true, right from the three gorge dam to the latest fighter planes chinese always relied on foreign assistance from german engineers to russian tech and Israel tech.

s002wjh

Country flag
today i bought a cover for my new tablet - it was a china made and one of the
securing holders came off the minute i got home ....

fortunately i did ask for a receipt, which incidentally i had to ask for,
as the seller happily took my money and put the cover in a bag and was
about to bid me farewell

so i thought no problem they will give me the money ...but no they gave me a
replacement instead - a red cover for the original black ...and so i thought
well red is a bit unusual but never mind

then i went off to have afternoon tea with friends and was about to show off
the newly bought tablet cover,
when lo and behold
after putting the tablet in the cover and closing it,
the tablet just slid off and would have fallen on
the floor if i had not been quick enough to catch it in mid air

....everybody in the cafe started rolling on the floor ,
laughing their heads off

- a real rolfmao - - in actual reality ! :rofl:

well now came the stories quick and fast, from the whole cafe about ccpland products
pliers that broke when used, wallets with holes - you name it

so now i had to quickly finish having tea and with another lady we rushed back to the
shop and before i could describe what had happened they told me they knew
and said here's your money back
that was so ridiculous that we forgot to lose our cool

so they knew it was a defective design but still offered for sale to customers

reminds me of 1962 - we are friends and will solve things peacefully !!!!!

manufacturing genius - manufactures anything !, just to get ahead .:bs:
i think you are buying some cheap product and expect to be something like apple ipad.

there are bad quality and good quality product made in china, you just have to PAY for it.
xiaomi, is doing well, as well as many small consumer electronic. also all the apple and samsung are pretty much made in china, and its supply chain are also in china. china still lag behind compare to japan/US, but they are catching up quickly.
talk is cheap, but facts are there, china didnt become 2nd largest economy by selling fake, its product has consumer market, whether is cheap made or better quality products.

if you despise chinese made, then perhaps you can spend $600 on iphone6 or $500 for ipad air, it will has better quality. or even buy some higher quality chinese made tablet $2-300 bucks. if you only spend $50, well you not gonna get a quality product

Last edited:

s002wjh

Country flag
I was reading a work of Fiction called the great Zoo of China- by Matthew Reilly, and i came across a phrase in which author says that Chinese can build anything but they need a foreign hand (like designing, or conceptualizing) to make it successful. and it is true, right from the three gorge dam to the latest fighter planes chinese always relied on foreign assistance from german engineers to russian tech and Israel tech.
when you start from 0 and want to goto 100 fast, the cheap/easiest way is learn from other who already done it, and ONLY after you learn it, you can improve or design it. there are TONS products thats design and made in china, that alot consumer in US are using, this was not the case 10-15 years ago. They are catching up fast, thats the truth. Like i said talk is cheap, fact is there. people complain about china this and that, but LOOKING at facts, 20yrs ago china vs NOW.

also you get what you pay for, doesn't matter is chinese/US/Japanese product. you can't expect paying $50 for a smart phone and has quality of iphone6

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Chinese are great with their hands and skill, but it is felt worldwide that they are not innovative or creative owing to their censorship, lack of diversity and conformist culture.

Once China sheds all these negatives, there is a very real possibility that China will be in the same league as the Western nations.

However, when original research and development comes to China, the cost for the same will have to be passed on to the customers. The price of Chinese goods will then not be cheap.

anupamsurey

Country flag
when you start from 0 and want to goto 100 fast, the cheap/easiest way is learn from other who already done it, and ONLY after you learn it, you can improve or design it. there are TONS products thats design and made in china, that alot consumer in US are using, this was not the case 10-15 years ago. They are catching up fast, thats the truth. Like i said talk is cheap, fact is there. people complain about china this and that, but LOOKING at facts, 20yrs ago china vs NOW.

also you get what you pay for, doesn't matter is chinese/US/Japanese product. you can't expect paying $50 for a smart phone and has quality of iphone6
the years don't add up to anything (in this case), the Chinese are still into make poor quality products- this is their policy they think that if you produce cheap products customers will buy it. but many customers like me do not bother to pay few extra rupees and buy a quality assured product. the chinese stratagem work for poor and lower middle class people (which are a plenty in this world). i will cross you where you mentioned that chinese design tons of things. my dear sir, what Chinese do is copy technology (close to infringement - remember chinese copying Apple) and even these copied things too do not function properly.

but what i admire about china is they do it quick and they do it on a grand scale (imagine building a city per year).

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
i think you are buying some cheap product and expect to be something like apple ipad.

there are bad quality and good quality product made in china, you just have to PAY for it.
xiaomi, is doing well, as well as many small consumer electronic. also all the apple and samsung are pretty much made in china, and its supply chain are also in china. china still lag behind compare to japan/US, but they are catching up quickly.
talk is cheap, but facts are there, china didnt become 2nd largest economy by selling fake, its product has consumer market, whether is cheap made or better quality products.

if you despise chinese made, then perhaps you can spend $600 on iphone6 or $500 for ipad air, it will has better quality. or even buy some higher quality chinese made tablet $2-300 bucks. if you only spend $50, well you not gonna get a quality product
you mis-read the letter of my post - it was a tablet COVER - not a tablet

you also mis-read the spirit of the post - it was in a humourous mode
perhaps that does not exist in ccpland so i dont blame you for that

anyway regarding aircraft carriers , we are aware of the following :-
China plans to build three more aircraft carriers: Report - The Times of India

here's a small excerpt :-
"If China has four aircraft carriers, with two in the South China Sea and two in northern China,
they can better accomplish their missions,"

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
inadvertent double - post
appreciate deletion by admin, please

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
but what i admire about china is they do it quick and they do it on a grand scale (imagine building a city per year).
i guess you wanted to sound concilliatory after a hitting hard

but the question to each of us remains :- is would we live in such a city - on the 15th floor of a 30 floor building
that was completed in a week ?

or would each of us live in a house next to a 30 floor building built with ccpland quality control
and completed in a week ?

there is a saying that you get what you pay for , there is also a notion
that something done fast usually skips due process and the what do you get ?

do we get a 30 floor ( or more ) building with sufficient quality in structure ? :namaste:

when you start from 0 and want to goto 100 fast, the cheap/easiest way is
thank you for finally admitting that ccpland is trying to go from 0 to 100
in the cheapest way

that philosophy itself is a get-rich-quick scam mentality

and we are usually advised to avoid scamsters

Hari Sud

Country flag
Made in China is a bad word now. Everything breaks down sooner than it should. Pants and coat jippers stop working with in month. My brand new DVD player is on repair two times, luckily I had three years warranty. My friends China made frig had to be replaced two years after purchase. People buy these because these are two too cheap. Luckily they have learnt to buy additional warranty, which is taking a heavy toll on service company. A china made laptop now requires $350 for additional two years service warranty. Salesman told ame at the Future Shop (Canada) that 30% of the laptops come back for repair in the very first year that is the reason for high warranty cost.

Now the car industry is learning the hard way. If not them, then the parts and sub assembly suppliers use China parts, because they are cheap. Result is that in last twelve months 4 million cars have been recalled for replacement or service. These subassembly suppliers are American or Japanese, but unlucky for the consumers they use China made parts, which breakdown.

God save us from the supply chain mechanism which is sourcing parts from China.

anupamsurey

Country flag
i guess you wanted to sound concilliatory after a hitting hard
i was not trying to be Conciliatory, it comes naturally to me, I admire the quick and grand scale of work done by china (though they may not be always good- china has a record for building an entire city in a year, but see what they are coming up with Ghost towns!) since, i belong to a country where you have to wait for months to get a simple clearances and permission to build a home, i cant help but admire the Chinese. our PWD (that's public works department) is such a lazy organization that they may chew 3 years to construct a road of 30 KM stretch...luckily we have private bidders for such construction works but even they have to wait for all the clearances and other nonsensical delays.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Made in China is a bad word now. Everything breaks down sooner than it should.

.......God save us from the supply chain mechanism which is sourcing parts from China.
allow me to pick up on those two points plus you mentioned someting about warranty

firstly cheap labour of ccpland ( relatively cheap ) is not the problem,
The problem is the quality -control and that is now going to be associated with the brand-name

that is to say a Sony product which bears a made in ccpland at it's back - should still
be of Sony quality and my experience is that it is

but a "Sonic" which ( help us ) is probably a ccpland company would and should be expected
to give all those multiple problems youve mentioned

plus if the store youre buying from doesnt give it's own solid guarantee (warranty)
or is a less well-known store or supermarket - then that is a double-whammy = forget it !

they way to go is to have a strong preferably government -backed consumers
advocacy association with good teeth - and the cost associate with repairs should dissuade
these ccpland companies from deliberately deceiving customers

Last edited:

s002wjh

Country flag
Made in China is a bad word now. Everything breaks down sooner than it should. Pants and coat jippers stop working with in month. My brand new DVD player is on repair two times, luckily I had three years warranty. My friends China made frig had to be replaced two years after purchase. People buy these because these are two too cheap. Luckily they have learnt to buy additional warranty, which is taking a heavy toll on service company. A china made laptop now requires $350 for additional two years service warranty. Salesman told ame at the Future Shop (Canada) that 30% of the laptops come back for repair in the very first year that is the reason for high warranty cost.

Now the car industry is learning the hard way. If not them, then the parts and sub assembly suppliers use China parts, because they are cheap. Result is that in last twelve months 4 million cars have been recalled for replacement or service. These subassembly suppliers are American or Japanese, but unlucky for the consumers they use China made parts, which breakdown.

God save us from the supply chain mechanism which is sourcing parts from China.
U pay what u get. I have Lenovo pc and hier mini fridge, power supply etc used for years now
Besides all the stuff Apple Samsung are made in China

Hari Sud

Country flag
U pay what u get. I have Lenovo pc and hier mini fridge, power supply etc used for years now
Besides all the stuff Apple Samsung are made in China
Apple and Smsung use their own material and supervision and closed door policy at their manufacturing sites, hence always get their products right. Labour is same everywhere. What matters is the quality of parts and sourcing of the parts. Much of the parts in Apple have Taiwan origin.

It is the Chinese stuff, which either is built by them with locally sourced parts or even designed by them. In order to keep the prices low and attractive, lower quality parts and manufacturing processes are used.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles