Ready to face sanctions over gas project'

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
ISLAMABAD: Advisor to PM on Petroleum, Dr. Asim Hussain has said that Pakistan is ready to face any kind of US sanctions over Pak-Iran gas pipeline project, Geo News reported.

Speaking to media after signing an accord between OGDCL and fertilizer companies here, Dr Asim said Pakistani economy was under pressure, adding every measure would be taken to secure it.

The advisor said agreement would also be inked with Iran for establishing 400,000 barrel per day capacity refinery in Gwada

- See more at: Ready to face sanctions over gas project - thenews.com.pk

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
We need joint defence related project with iran as well

Iran has offered to expand the Pipeline upto bangladesh

Blackwater

i remembered a punjabi song by bindrakhiya,after i saw this statement :cool2:

A tuni nahi boldi,tere ch tera yaar(china) bolda..:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Blackwater

i remembered a punjabi song by bindrakhiya,after i saw this statement :cool2:

A tuni nahi boldi,tere ch tera yaar(china) bolda..:laugh::laugh::laugh:
on topic, panga will ammerika will be lethal to pak as china is not known to come open to conflict and help pak

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
yes but for only a very smaller strip of land..,.again it will go through china to bangladesh
Oh through CHINA , MYANMAR & BANGLADESH

That smallest strip of land u have to ask permission :scared2: or project in:taunt1:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
after observing the map of bangladesh/china

i had come to a conclusion..Bangladesh should be happy without gas but should not import the gas if it pass through india,

even if the gas is free and india pay for the GAS cost

RIP Bangladesh joining IPC(iran pakistan china) gas pipeline project

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
after observing the map of bangladesh/china

i had come to a conclusion..Bangladesh should be happy without gas but should not import the gas if it pass through india,

even if the gas is free and india pay for the GAS cost

RIP Bangladesh joining IPC(iran pakistan china) gas pipeline project
Oh President of Bangladesh has decided not to join good:thumb:

Do no forget sirji India broke East pakistan & led to creation of bangladesh:lol:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
ISLAMABAD: Advisor to PM on Petroleum, Dr. Asim Hussain has said that Pakistan is ready to face any kind of US sanctions over Pak-Iran gas pipeline project, Geo News reported.

- See more at: Ready to face sanctions over gas project - thenews.com.pk
Pakistan has just no choice other than to go for this pipeline project...... you can't survive without energy on long run and there is no other cheap and next door option of GAS, a very less polluting energy too...... you have to have this gas pipeline project, with or without US sanctions. the better you may try to cool US down, but the least you want is this gas pipeline project :thumb:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pakistan has just no choice other than to go for this pipeline project...... you can't survive without energy on long run and there is no other cheap and next door option of GAS, a very less polluting energy too...... you have to have this gas pipeline project, with or without US sanctions. the better you may try to cool US down, but the least you want is this gas pipeline project :thumb:
very well said but many including me would first suggest instead of importing gas from iran we should have invested this money into zin block region

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
very well said but many including me would first suggest instead of importing gas from iran we should have invested this money into zin block region
hmmmm, Iran is the next door option for Pakistan, they will definitely deliver gas, at least on their own Iran-Pak border which will then come under control of Pakistan this way. and I dont think Pakistan may fulfill its energy requirements by its own resources, i dont think so.......

Gas prices are always cheaper than oil. per KM gas price is found nearly 60% to that of per KM oil price, as of India, and also its very less polluting too. you have to have this gas pipeline, as it would be the cheapest due to on border delivery too. but we do know that Gas prices are high in Asia as compare to North America/ Europe, so you would always prefer the option where there is no middle man, and it will be about the business between two neighboring countries :thumb:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
hmmmm, Iran is the next door option for Pakistan, they will definitely deliver gas, at least on their own Iran-Pak border which will then come under control of Pakistan this way. and I dont think Pakistan may fulfill its energy requirements by its own resources, i dont think so.......

Gas prices are always cheaper than oil. per KM gas price is found nearly 60% to that of per KM oil price, as of India, and also its very less polluting too. you have to have this gas pipeline, as it would be the cheapest due to on border delivery too. but we do know that Gas prices are high in Asia as compare to North America/ Europe, so you would always prefer the option where there is no middle man, and it will be about the business between two neighboring countries :thumb:
I guess Gas in Pakistan is very cheap be it the house supplied or the CNG while electricity is expensive

Pakistan export has suffered alot because of energy crisis.every industry is working less than half the capacity.

Zin block is suppose to have twice the reserves of sui gas discovered in 1952 and still running.

Tolaha

India has invested in Iranian fields and with the kind of price Pakistan has to foot for the gas imported from Iran, Indian investment will fetch good returns. Or else, due to sanctions, Indian investment would have not been worth much. Now Pakistan is paying really high prices (as its connected to the price of oil, which has stayed high unlike the price of gas) which will indirectly end up in Indian pockets. Thank you Pakistan! :thumb:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
India has invested in Iranian fields and with the kind of price Pakistan has to foot for the gas imported from Iran, Indian investment will fetch good returns. Or else, due to sanctions, Indian investment would have not been worth much. Now Pakistan is paying really high prices (as its connected to the price of oil, which has stayed high unlike the price of gas) which will indirectly end up in Indian pockets. Thank you Pakistan! :thumb:
you do need to join BJP and than join the strategic affair section in india

India pulled out of iran pak india pipeline not because of iran but because of USA pressure.
because if it was only due to pakistan than why you guys are so serious about TAPI,,which again will pass through Pakistan

Tolaha

you do need to join BJP and than join the strategic affair section in india

India pulled out of iran pak india pipeline not because of iran but because of USA pressure.
because if it was only due to pakistan than why you guys are so serious about TAPI,,which again will pass through Pakistan
Read my post again. Whatever you have assumed that I have written has nothing to do with my post! :namaste:

India has invested in Iranian fields and with the kind of price Pakistan has to foot for the gas imported from Iran, Indian investment will fetch good returns. Or else, due to sanctions, Indian investment would have not been worth much. Now Pakistan is paying really high prices (as its connected to the price of oil, which has stayed high unlike the price of gas) which will indirectly end up in Indian pockets. Thank you Pakistan!

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
will you please post the links of how much investment india has made in iran?

Tolaha

will you please post the links of how much investment india has made in iran?
First admit that you didn't have a clue until now regarding the high prices Pakistan will end up paying for the gas from Iran and how it will indirectly fatten Indian pockets due to their investments in Iran! :taunt:

Tolaha

ok, let me be nice to Farhan for the numerous laughs he has given and provide him the links he was asking for:

Indian investment began in the last century and natural gas was discovered by Indian companies in 2002:

The Hindu : National : Huge gas reserves in Farsi block

The international arm of the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) — the ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL) — has struck natural gas in the Farsi block of Iran with the reserves being estimated at 10 trillion cubic feet. The OVL, along with Indian Oil Corporation and Oil India Limited, are partners in this block that was awarded to it in 2002.
India and Iran have been trying to find a customer including the feasibility of transporting it to India and well.. you know... Pakistan!

Fars News Agency :: Iran Approves Indian Gas Commerciality Report on Farsi Block

According to estimates, the block holds recoverable gas reserves of about 12.5 trillion cubic feet. In December last year, OVL and its partners Indian Oil Corporation and Oil India Ltd had submitted the commerciality report for the approval of NIOC.

The Indian companies plan to invest close to $3 billion to develop the gas field. The Indian companies have invested $90 million so far in the field. Though the reservoir is mainly gas, OVL and its consortium have also struck oil in the field. The block is estimated to hold in place reserves of more than 1 billion barrels of oil. This was the first block where OVL, as an operator, had struck oil and gas.

OVL had won the bid for the 3,500-sq-km Farsi offshore block in early 2002 and signed the exploration service contract (ESC) with NIOC on December 25, 2002. OVL is the operator of the block with a 40 per cent participating interest, while IOC holds another 40 per cent and the remaining 20 per cent stake is held by Oil India.
India did not opt for it, but its investment did not go waste. Pakistanis turned up, not just agreeing to buy it, but paying for it in rates connected to the price of oil!!!

Iran and India are now working on a pipeline plan to take Iran's rich gas reserves to the energy-hungry India through Pakistan.

According to the project proposal, the pipeline will begin from Iran's Assalouyeh Energy Zone in the south and stretch over 1,100 km through Iran. In Pakistan, it will pass through Baluchistan and Sindh but officials now say the route may be changed if China agrees to the project.

The gas will be supplied from the South Pars field. The initial capacity of the pipeline will be 22 billion cubic meter of natural gas per annum, which is expected to be later raised to 55 billion cubic meter. It is expected to cost $7.4 billion.
Pakistanis are indeed, big-hearted customers! :rofl:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles