Reader´s digest: India the third least trusted country in the world

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Re: Reader´s digest: India the third least trusted country in the worl

Typical homicide in Finland is that a group of people go drinking, then they wake up in the morning and realize that one of the party is dead and nobody remembers anything. You must understand that we have long, cold and dark winters with no sunlight. It has an effect on people.
is this because of Excessive alcohol or mixing of drugs in alcohol??

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

How is Clancey relevant to this? And how are those tortures and atrocities involved in the particular survey that examined European consumer confidence in the citizens of different countries?

At a state level it's not a new discovery that psyops (by means of survey, poll, even books, movies...) are rampant and routine to demoralize competitors components, rivals and the likes. But this Reader's Digest is a private, and respected magazine worldwide. How will u prove your allegation , manipulatable, manipulated by whom, what for? What is the changed tune? What's a big deal for RD on one hand examine "consumer confidence" (in which India is ranked no.1), and on the other hand continue its relentless attacks on Chinese atrocities? Well even though u've lost respect for RD statistics let's focus on the very topic in hand i.e. INDIA THE THIRD LEAST TRUSTED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD per RD.
I am afraid you cannot see beyond your agenda it appears.

Clancy is not involved in the survey. The involvement is in the style of writing of RD in those days.

But since you are a Chinese who has seen things, I now accept that RD may have been right, since you endorse RD's stories of torture and cruelty that was on in China.

Consumer confidence ranking is an important index in manipulating world commerce, in case you did not know.

Look at the Chinese products. Consumer 'opinion' around the world, highlight of melamine milk, substandard meat and gutter oil, shoddy manufacture (that is the only thing that is perceivable by the consumer) as what happens is applied universality for all Chinese products.

I am sure such reports have uplifted the Chinese industry and products and have made Chinese milk, meat and oil based products are runaway, roaring international success, right?

Now, tell me, as a Chinese, all your meat, milk and oil based products are contaminated?

I presume so, if the world media says so, right?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

@amoy,

Now, my good Chinese friend, since you live in your build in wall isolated from the world news lest you lead to instability and disharmony in China, you may not know the reality.

Here is what an on and oft banned news channel in China called CNN has to say about Reader Digest.

Rise and fall of Reader's Digest

oanne Sharp is a professor at the University of Glasgow in Scotland and author of the book "Condensing the Cold War: Reader's Digest and American Identity."

Reader's Digest seems to be on life support, filing for bankruptcy protection this week for the second time in four years. But at one time, what's now seen as grandma's magazine was an influential and powerful force in politics and culture.

When I began my book on the Reader's Digest, people were incredulous. "But no one takes that seriously," they'd say. "People only read it when they're waiting to see the dentist." Yet, those who dismiss the magazine as trivial underestimate the Digest's impact on millions of Americans' view of the world.

Reader's Digest started life not long after the emergence of the USSR. Initially, the magazine was sympathetic to the Russian revolution, seeing it as a movement against what it regarded as undemocratic, aristocratic European society.

By the 1930s, however, it had identified the USSR with communism. Later, it began to publish stories that portrayed the Soviet state as the primary danger to post-World War II America.
The Digest presented the U.S. and USSR as polar opposites. As well as running clearly political articles that explained international relations and threats to peace, the magazine's ostensibly apolitical stories reinforced this image of two incompatible societies.

Descriptions of everyday life in America and the Soviet Union detailed how different Americans were from Russians, how different Russians' music was, their food, their sense of humor -- even Russian sex lives were different. At the extreme, in 1981 a story about an American in Siberia seemed to suggest biological differences when it reported the American's body rejected a Russian blood transfusion.
These types of stories earned the Digest a reputation as a leading voice in anti-communism.

As it gained prominence, Reader's Digest drew criticism. Despite the publication's determination to celebrate individual freedoms, it was accused of being nothing more than state propaganda. There were claims of CIA funding and editorial control, especially in its foreign editions in Latin America.

Reader's Digest meant to provide readers with all of the information they needed to know about what was important in the world, what America's role in the world should be and what they, as good citizens, should do to preserve the American way. It became a trusted source of news. In the days before electronic communication, it was perhaps the only source that many people, particularly those in rural areas, could access regularly.

Whether these accusations were true or not, the magazine's influence in popular culture could perhaps be seen as even more powerful and pernicious. As a digest, the magazine sought not to reflect the immediate news but issues and ideas of "lasting interest." Famously, Ronald Reagan was said to have a box full of Digest articles that he had collected for reference.

Reader's Digest presented itself as a guardian of American morality and values. In June 1960, a Reader's Digest advertisement quoted President Dwight D. Eisenhower as saying, "Our magazines are a leading force for moral and cultural growth in our country and one of the surest guarantees of an informed public."

Exactly what the relationship was between Reader's Digest and state foreign policy is unclear, but its role in encouraging American readers to think about and actively engage in world affairs is beyond doubt.

In the February 1969 issue, apparently fearing a lack of support for the Vietnam War, Reader's Digest launched a "Fly this Flag Proudly" campaign, inserting flag decals into the 18 million copies of the magazine. A follow-up survey indicated that 78% of readers had detached the flag, and half of those people had put it to use.

A few years earlier, an article on how Brazil resisted a communist takeover was deemed to contain such "vital, useful information for every nation menaced by communist subversion" that readers were encouraged to send it -- and free reprints -- to friends abroad, or to place it into "the hands of concerned people [whom readers] may meet" on vacation.

When relations with the USSR began to thaw, the Digest feared that Americans were overlooking the danger presented by the Soviets. During detente and the beginnings of the end of the Cold War, articles warned readers not to trust those who suggested that the Soviets could change.

The fall of the Berlin Wall heralded a collapse of the Digest's moral certainty about the difference between America and its old enemy.

Perhaps the decline of Reader's Digest's fortunes was inevitable with the longer-term social and political influences of 60s counterculture, the failure of general interest magazines, the rise of global media targeted at specific niches and the advent of the internet. But of equal importance was the end of the Soviet threat: With the fall of its arch enemy, the Evil Empire, there was no mirror against which it could present an alternative image of America and its historic mission.

Rise and fall of Reader's Digest - CNN.com
You must educate yourself and be aware of the world beyond what is fed to you by your Communist Govt, before you blow like Moby Dick!

I am fortunate because I read, retain and then am able to understand events without the coloured glasses of bias, propaganda and disinformation.

An unfortunate affliction to those with the supercilious, punctilious and ill informed views that are trotted out on this forum.

Note the news report is from the CNN and not any Indian news channels!

Remain gullible if that is your forte.

Last edited by a moderator:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

The violence is normally quite mild, the aim is not to leave any physical marks.
:lol: Shows your Moral Standard, all right.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

The violence is normally quite mild, the aim is not to leave any physical marks.
:lol: Shows your Moral Standard, all right.

mylegend

In US, if women drink quite a bit and did not resist to have sex with another man, she can sue the man latter said that he abuse her intoxication status. In both China and India, women often refrained from reporting the cases due to social pressure. Just look, there was report of police officer rape rape victim, how can Indian women report their case to the police?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

In US, if women drink quite a bit and did not resist to have sex with another man, she can sue the man latter said that he abuse her intoxication status. In both China and India, women often refrained from reporting the cases due to social pressure. Just look, there was report of police officer rape rape victim, how can Indian women report their case to the police?
Come to India and have a checksee.

It is far better than China where a mother tried to report the rape of her daughter and found herself in the laogai!

If in UK and US it was so easy, my good man, then there would not be the wholesale rape of British women in the UK by your Paki friends as reported in the UK press.

amoy

I am afraid you cannot see beyond your agenda it appears.

Clancy is not involved in the survey. The involvement is in the style of writing of RD in those days.

But since you are a Chinese who has seen things, I now accept that RD may have been right, since you endorse RD's stories of torture and cruelty that was on in China.

Consumer confidence ranking is an important index in manipulating world commerce, in case you did not know.

Look at the Chinese products. Consumer 'opinion' around the world, highlight of melamine milk, substandard meat and gutter oil, shoddy manufacture (that is the only thing that is perceivable by the consumer) as what happens is applied universality for all Chinese products.

I am sure such reports have uplifted the Chinese industry and products and have made Chinese milk, meat and oil based products are runaway, roaring international success, right?

Now, tell me, as a Chinese, all your meat, milk and oil based products are contaminated?

I presume so, if the world media says so, right?
my agenda? :D when the world media shows India in bad light - in this RD case "consumer confidence" ranking for India, u conveniently as usual slip to China's contamination. how is it related to the topic on India? if u buy in those reports or ranking on Chinese craps then don't buy them. nobody is gonna limit your choice.

all yr efforts to discredit RD due to its negative coverage of India is futile. readers will draw their conclusions on "tortures" or "least trusted countries" respectively. the big brush of "agenda"motivated or "conspiracy theories" isnt working everywhere.

just call spade a spade - on India's ranking in consumer confidence!

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

my agenda? :D when the world media shows India in bad light - in this RD case "consumer confidence" ranking for India, u conveniently as usual slip to China's contamination. how is it related to the topic on India? if u buy in those reports or ranking on Chinese craps then don't buy them. nobody is gonna limit your choice.

all yr efforts to discredit RD due to its negative coverage of India is futile. readers will draw their conclusions on "tortures" or "least trusted countries" respectively. the big brush of "agenda"motivated or "conspiracy theories" isnt working everywhere.

just call spade a spade - on India's ranking in consumer confidence!

I am not dumb like some not to update myself.

If the US feels RD is a propaganda machine, who am I to argue.

Of course, the Chinese could since they are CCP agenda programmed to suit their ulterior motives.

So, you are merely dancing, right?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

@amoy,

Let me help you on your way with what the CCP has to say to people like you.

Following the West doesn't equal independent thinking

Source:Global Times Published: 2014-9-4 23:58:02

There are a group of self-proclaimed "independent thinkers" in present-day China. Included are some public intellectuals as well as young people who spend most of their time online. They are fixated on using theories of Western politics to stir up Chinese society. For example, they "enlighten" people that "Loving the country doesn't mean loving the Party and the government," and emphasize the military should be "nationalized." They also trumpet that Western-style elections are the only source of legitimacy for political parties.

Most of those who advocate such propositions in China have been brainwashed by the West. In fact, they are not "independent thinkers," but followers of Western ideology.

Western political creeds are suitable to the West. However, by sticking to slavishly applying them in China, those "independent thinkers" err on the side of dogmatism. They worship the US and the West, disregarding the truth that if any ideas from abroad are introduced into China, they should be based on our own national situation.

China in fact is the biggest independent thinker across the world. The country over the past century has assimilated the essence of varied schools of thoughts, based on which we have formed a national development path with prominent Chinese characteristics. We also have reached outstanding achievements.

A small number of Chinese are reluctant to admit the fact that China, led by the Communist Party of China, has created, and continues to create, a history, simply because Western powers refuse to hail China's achievements.

With Chinese society becoming more open, those followers and trumpeters of Western values face declining risks in China. However, these "independent thinkers" have a common feature in that they are influenced by populism. Many of them misperceive lashing out at the authorities and opposing the mainstream in society as being insightful.

It's not easy to have independent thought about politics, since politics are complicated. Political confrontation is irreconcilable. One's stance in most cases is the prerequisite for one's political views.

If you want to think independently in a complicated and enigmatic world, the most important thing for you is to distinguish the trend of the times and figure out the relationship among individuals, society and the nation.

Our life is fraught with uncertainties in view of rapid changes in the world. How to define yourself correctly in the trend of society is testament to the independent mind.

When we are attracted by some voguish concepts, we have to reflect on them. For those subversive propositions, we have to dwell on whether they are political traps. Independent thinking is based on experiences and practices. Before making a conclusion, we need more contemplation.
Following the West doesn't equal independent thinking - Global Times
I never said that.

The Chinese CCP thought actually.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

@amoy,

Now I am sure the Chinese mouthpiece Global Times, the CCP and Xi are daft and stupid, right?

State it so and I will pass it on to the Consulate here.

I am sure they will be delighted.

amoy

@amoy,

Now I am sure the Chinese mouthpiece Global Times, the CCP and Xi are daft and stupid, right?

State it so and I will pass it on to the Consulate here.

I am sure they will be delighted.
east or west, xi or see, it doesn't change INDIA is the least trusted per RD survey.

people like me won't be easily misled by snake charmers off topic.

your "west" tag doesn't make RD less credible.

yes do tell this survey result to the consulate they'll certainly be pleased.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

east or west, xi or see, it doesn't change INDIA is the least trusted per RD survey.

people like me won't be easily misled by snake charmers off topic.

your "west" tag doesn't make RD less credible.

yes do tell this survey result to the consulate they'll certainly be pleased.

Scardy cat.

The end of your digestive tract aflame?

I am contemplating passing this on to Mr. Wang Xuefeng, the Consul General.

You called Xi, a 'she', you pigtailed pony?

You think that Xi is a daft coot?

Last edited:

amoy

Scardy cat.

oh u regularly rub shoulders with Wang? then I do highly appreciate u telling him the RD survey on India being least teusted, by the way share with him my views on Indians. :D

amoy

Scardy cat.

oh u regularly rub shoulders with Wang? then I do highly appreciate u tell him the RD survey on India being least teusted, by the way share with him my views on Indians. :D

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

oh u regularly rub shoulders with Wang? then I do highly appreciate u telling him the RD survey on India being least teusted, by the way share with him my views on Indians. :D

Not only him, with others too.

It is part of life.

The social circuit can be very cruel and tiring.

I am am a fair chap and so I will guide him to this thread.

It is for him to decide.

I cannot force him, can I?

He would know what is good for China, more so, since Xi is visiting India and China does not want controversies.

Last edited:

amoy

Not only him, with others too.

It is part of life.

The social circuit can be very cruel and tiring.

I am am a fair chap and so I will guide him to this thread.

It is for him to decide.

I cannot force him, can I?

He would know what is good for China, more so, since Xi is visiting India and China does not want controversies.
oh please, the more people know Reader Digest survey result India the least trusted the better. do spread my views on Indians as well as Sino India relationship as far as possible. thank u!:D

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

i am rather surprised that no one had started a thread about Sheila Dikshil's statement(s) of support for the BJP governance of Delhi.

Now i dont claim to know much about the mechanisms of the Indian Political system and that could be a reason but it sounded on the surface to me to be a sea -change in the otherwise very selfish undertones we can not so seldomly detect in that very system.

Now what has the above to do with the title of the thread ? ....simply that in the absence of a thread specifically dedicated to the Shelia Phenomenon, i am posting it here on the basis that India would
have a cleaner system and therefore be more "trustworthy " and i hope the moderators would allow as language is clean and i dont expect a huge ruckus over this post ! (SMILE ... btw mods pls help,
the simple smile icon is not in the list ...hard to find when i click the smiley in the row above the posting window. )

Would be glad to hear the opinions of the forum members and if you prefer to initiate a separate thread on the matter .

( also btw, the spelling checker which is normally there isn't functioning at this time "¦"¦ are most of you using google chrome browser? I'm using the latest windows browser from firebox, downloaded just yesterday )

and also the avatars whih we used to have - pics at the margin of our posts, - seems to be missing ?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

oh please, the more people know Reader Digest survey result India the least trusted the better. do spread my views on Indians as well as Sino India relationship as far as possible. thank u!:D

Indians are not so dumb as you are.

Let us wait for the Chinese consul's opinion, if indeed I wish to tell him so.

Keep smiling!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles