RBI launches website to explain detection of fake currency

Oracle

NEW DELHI: Seeking to spread awareness among public about fake notes, the Reserve Bank has launched a website explaining ways to detect counterfeit notes.

With a tagline 'Pehchano Paise Ki Boli, Kyunki Paisa Bolta Hai', the website -- www.paisaboltahai.rbi.org.in -- gives visual presentation with pointers on currency notes of 10, 20, 50, 100, 500 and 1,000 rupee denominations.

Consumers have the option to download posters of these currency notes, which can be used as reference to identify counterfeit notes. A documentary film on it can also be downloaded.

The link for this website is available on RBI's main website as well.

The site also gives details of the number of fake currency notes detected.

RBI said considering there were 64,577 million pieces of banknotes in circulation as on March 31, 2011, the detection of forged notes during 2010-11 was to the tune of 6.74 pieces per million pieces of banknotes in circulation.

In the past as well, the Reserve Bank has come out with various notifications warning against circulation of counterfeit currency notes.

Referring to the fake currency notes in circulation, RBI Governor D Subbarao said in Kozhikode on Friday that the government and police are taking several measures to deal with the menace.

He emphasised the need to educate people on ways to distinguish fake currency notes from the genuine ones.

Source

drkrn

even if the citizens find the fake notes they wont tell it to banks as they will not get any replacement and will loose the money

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
I read it somewhere that pakis have established 2 printing facilities to produce fake currencies!As they are using state of the art technology, how would you deal with that ?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I bought a fake not scanner a few months back. Easy!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Is that machine called a fake not scanner? :confused:

Added later: You must have meant fake note scanner.
Duh!! Yeah fake NOTE scanner.

UV, Infrared shit. The guy who came to show us the product had come with fake notes 100% made in Pakistan. You will be amazed how well they fake it and you cannot catch with the naked eye. I am talking about the latest series of notes. I asked him how he got hold, he said from dealers like you in ye market who get screwed every day.

Only thing is that it calls all original older noted as fake as well. Since they are lesser in supply these days, I just individually check such notes for all the markings.

The thing is, every customer who comes to purchase gives a 500 or 1000 rupees note even for a Rs.50 purchase. Have to scan every note. Bank guys will just tear it on your face of they find any fake that a customer would have given you that you go to deposit

Oracle

Duh!! Yeah fake NOTE scanner.

UV, Infrared shit. The guy who came to show us the product had come with fake notes 100% made in Pakistan. You will be amazed how well they fake it and you cannot catch with the naked eye. I am talking about the latest series of notes. I asked him how he got hold, he said from dealers like you in ye market who get screwed every day.

Only thing is that it calls all original older noted as fake as well. Since they are lesser in supply these days, I just individually check such notes for all the markings.

The thing is, every customer who comes to purchase gives a 500 or 1000 rupees note even for a Rs.50 purchase. Have to scan every note. Bank guys will just tear it on your face of they find any fake that a customer would have given you that you go to deposit
I have had friends getting fake notes from ATM machines. And when they complained, nothing came out of it.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I have had friends getting fake notes from ATM machines. And when they complained, nothing came out of it.
Yeah heard that too. This is when lax employees fail to catch the fake note when receiving on a bank counter and the bank stands to lose money so they put them in the ATM.

Oracle

Yeah heard that too. This is when lax employees fail to catch the fake note when receiving on a bank counter and the bank stands to lose money so they put them in the ATM.
Dude, it's banks who are to be blamed for that. It's their responsibility. Chor banks saala.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles