Ravanayana: Ramayana Story from Ravana's Point of View

Sabir

DFI TEAM
I suggest the reading of Ram Swarup's Hinduism review. It available online. It sheds light on why inventing AIT was important. The point is that the europeans were justifying their rule on Indians to themselves, not to us.
So you wants to mean the Orientalist guys did it so many hardworks to help their arrogant counterparts who wished to bury every traces of Indian civilisation and made India a christian country. And dont forget the British had half the world in their control. Business interest was the prime factor and they did not need to justify anything to anyone.

kalkibhagwan

Tihar Jail
Banned
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
how can genetic study prove anything when we, the indians are a complete mixed race. Honestly saying there is not much genetic difference between a human and other mamals. Only matter of couple of chormosoms. But in nacked eyes you can see there are presence of many races in our society even sometimes in same family.

I would like to hear from you what exactly irfan habib or romila thaper have said, what logics they have given and how you counter their points..........all with proper backing.

no bro. But its true there has been 2 or 5 genetic tests on north and south indians and the report was inconclusive proving the fact that north indians and south indians look & speak in a different way due to climatic and political differences... Aryans that is europeans never came to india in 1500 bc... By the way r u oing this to disprove hinduism????? Being a muslim u wud b more than happy to do that right?????

kalkibhagwan

Tihar Jail
Banned
i don't believe it. For every one person leaving it in the west ,10 souls are "brought to light" in africa, asia.
thats what im saying and more interesting fact is that they r distributing books and pamphlets in india discussing in detail the religious demographics of india and have repeatedly used words such as demonic,evil,cruel,biased, satan etc. To describe hinduism so basically thats how these missionaries r paying us back .... In kind!!!

johnee

So you wants to mean the Orientalist guys did it so many hardworks to help their arrogant counterparts who wished to bury every traces of Indian civilisation and made India a christian country. And dont forget the British had half the world in their control. Business interest was the prime factor and they did not need to justify anything to anyone.
Nope. They, first, needed to justify it to themselves. Which they did, very successfully. India a poor, beleagured nation was being civilised by the superior white man. However, when the initial studies of orientalists started revealing that perhaps India is not as uncivilised as they had thought. Missionary zeal motivated many to study other religions and cultures to better present their product and to condemn the native culture or religion.

As I said, the initial studies made quite a mark on many important minds of Europe about India's culture and religion. Suddenly, the whole narrative that India had to be civilsed by white man was being disregarded. So, new breed of orientalists were sent to work on India. They crafted the whole history of India to suit the imperial needs.

As they say, history is nothing more than set of events agreed upon by all(or atleast those that matter). Thats what happened.

After independence, the same distorted historical narrative was useful to stop 'hindu right' for the leftists and dynasty.

I really suggest you read the book of Ram Swarup. Then, you can make your own conclusions.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
You have all you need about AIT over here.

p.s:- we all are deviating from the topic.

There is no proof that Aryans destroyed the Indus civilisation. At same time there is no proof that Aryans did not come fro central Asia. Aryan Invasion theory is substituted by Aryan Migration theory at most. And sorry to say some points (as an example pont B Conflict between Vedic and Iranian people )mentioned in the source that Iranian and Aryan used to live in India and then some moved to Iran is without any credible source. Point 4 regarding horses only shows the author's ignorance. Only a caple of sign of horses (one toy and in one cases bones etc) have been found in Indus sites. Indus people were aware of horse as they have trade relation with other part of world. But they were not familiar with use of horse as the Aryans did in later years. Horse is not a native animal in Indian subcontinent. Nowhere you can find them in wild form (not even in pre-historic age). Ask any bio-logist or zoologist to clarify that. Point 8 is something invented by the author. Can he explain how the letters became so different within few hundred years that they have no similarities with any Aryan language...The fact is the Indus script is no deciphered yet.

After point 8 I have stopped reading the article as I am confirmed the author is trying to prove something which is embedded in his mind beforehand. How can you make your arguments on the basis of such flawed articles. Or you have not read the article yet?

Sabir

DFI TEAM
no bro. But its true there has been 2 or 5 genetic tests on north and south indians and the report was inconclusive proving the fact that north indians and south indians look & speak in a different way due to climatic and political differences... Aryans that is europeans never came to india in 1500 bc... By the way r u oing this to disprove hinduism????? Being a muslim u wud b more than happy to do that right?????
1)Who told you I am a Muslim?
2) Europeans did not cam in India in 1500 Bc. But the Asians went to europe during same time or later what I believe.
3) How al these lad to dis-approval of Hinduism? If Aryans are native Indians or Central-Asian- anyway affect Hinduism?

KS

Bye bye DFI
There is no proof that Aryans destroyed the Indus civilisation. At same time there is no proof that Aryans did not come fro central Asia. Aryan Invasion theory is substituted by Aryan Migration theory at most. And sorry to say some points (as an example pont B Conflict between Vedic and Iranian people )mentioned in the source that Iranian and Aryan used to live in India and then some moved to Iran is without any credible source. Point 4 regarding horses only shows the author's ignorance. Only a caple of sign of horses (one toy and in one cases bones etc) have been found in Indus sites. Indus people were aware of horse as they have trade relation with other part of world. But they were not familiar with use of horse as the Aryans did in later years. Horse is not a native animal in Indian subcontinent. Nowhere you can find them in wild form (not even in pre-historic age). Ask any bio-logist or zoologist to clarify that. Point 8 is something invented by the author. Can he explain how the letters became so different within few hundred years that they have no similarities with any Aryan language...The fact is the Indus script is no deciphered yet.

After point 8 I have stopped reading the article as I am confirmed the author is trying to prove something which is embedded in his mind beforehand. How can you make your arguments on the basis of such flawed articles. Or you have not read the article yet?
That's the point my friend.

There is no conclusive proof for anything to say definitely and each one goes by his ideas of what he thinks is the truth. You have your own pre-dilections whihc say it is the truth and hence you see this from a skeptic pov.

As for the horses comment did you even think for once the Horses themselves might have wandered and not came along with the humans ? Funny but yes a food for thought.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Fairy tale is a wrong term for Hindu mythology

Then every religion is a fairy tale

It is NOBODY's BUSINESS whether Hindus have MILLIONS OF GODS

Hindus are NOT GOING TO PROVE the EXISTENCE of their GODS and GODESSES to ANY DAMN FOOL

And speaking of FAIRY TALES ; Since Hinduism is very ancient , Historical artifacts are hard to preserve and maintain .

But Dwarka ,Ayodhya ,Kurushetra are some places where EVIDENCES of the FAIRY TALES ; associated with those places have been found

Last edited:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
kalkibhagwan,

[hl]take it easy with the members here, calling them names and personal attacks aint happening on DFI, so chill down and discuss substance[/hl]

Sabir

DFI TEAM
@ Kalkibhagwan..please stop this.....If you have your popint of view you have all the right to put forward. We all are ready to read and if possible learn from it. But, you cant shove idea in anyone's mouth like this. I am arguing with Johnee in many threads in many issues since we are member in DFI and hardly there is anything we have ever agreed. But we never get involve in such things. I have great respect for his arguments and I try to counter them as per my capability when I am not agree with them. That's all to be a good member of a forum.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Guys come back to Ravana...........there is another thread on AIT. I am too guilty of going off-topic...

Phenom

I thought there was enough genetic evidence to suggest two distinct groups in ancient India. Most Indians today are a mixture of these two groups. If there was two different groups then both could not have arrived in India at the same time. One group would have arrived earlier and second group would have displaced them.

But the good thing about India is that eventhough there were two different races, the didn't destroy each other, instead they seem to have mixed and mingled over time to create present day Indians (even all south Asians).

kalkibhagwan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Hey utube khiladi im a great fan of urs.... Ur vids n utube r awesome.. Good work bhai

KS

Bye bye DFI
Fairy tail is not an insult it is an opinion, if you dont like opinions then you should not be here putting out your opinions in an open public forum which invites criticism. Your religion is a joke and your belief in god is absurd.
It is an insult to me.

Just like you consider what the other guy said to be an insult I consider this an insult. Insult is subjective , not objective.

What you consider insulting may not be for some others. So your entire locus-standi is wrong.

And again what you are doing is not putting your view across. You are just flame baiting in a thread (Trying to get him banned by provoking him to say more abuses.) that has no relevance to your ideologies (or lack thereof) and hence your opinion here is uncalled for.

I'm done with you and your stupid flame baits posing as some sort of blue-blooded intellectual calling others fools and their beliefs absurd. You are no different from him and yes consider that an insult.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I was looking forward to hear from Johnee on this topic. Sad that this thread went OT. All non sense has been deleted. Thread will be opened once one of the seniors like Johnee and Kartic send a PM to any mod when they are ready to post something serious.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
OK. Thread reopened. Please be civil in your discussions. No need for name calling or bashing other religions and stick to the topic.

mayankkrishna

Country flag
Sir, may i suggest one very nice book on Ravana's side of tale, Its 'Vyam Rakshama' written by Acharya Chatursen. How ever im not avid book reader, sometimes i do take interest in Religious books also.

It gives lot on account of his personal life too, it becomes very fascinating how the author has cleared the one sided picture generally perceived through Ramanand's television series. Its really far from it. Author has very convincingly brought together geological, anthropological as well as human history together in the narration of ravana's life, his beliefs, struggle, his argument with Rama's ways, and much more and how this author has brought more realistic picture of the events is worth reading.

I wont be able to give much outline of this book coz i read long back. But its a must must read for all the friends for that it will help narrowing the arguments for sure.

Thanks...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles