Rationalists slam Isro chief's Tirupati temple visit

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
Even while the Mars orbiter had barely reached the Earth's orbit, a controversy has started brewing over Isro chairman Dr K Radhakrishnan's visit to the Tirupati temple ahead of the launch. Rationalists have accused the Isro chief of insulting the Constitution by violating Article 51 A.President of the Federation of Indian Rationalist Associations (FIRA) Dr Narendra Nayak said, "He (Radhakrishnan) had no business to take a replica of PSLV to Tirupati Tirumala temple and place it in front of the deity there. By doing this, he has violated the Article 51 A of the constitution which states that it is the duty of every citizen to develop scientific temper and spirit of enquiry and humanism. He has perhaps forgotten that ours is secular republic and that worship of a deity belonging to one particular religion particularly in matters of the state is negating this very basic tenet of our constitution."He said,"I don't know which principle of science is applicable to the act of placing a replica of the launch vehicle at the feet of a statue at a temple. He has said, ''We have to understand a lot from the solar system, etc'. If this is the case we have to also go a long way to understand how a person like him in a responsible position in a government organisation be foolish enough to believe that prayers to particular god can ensure the proper launch of a satellite."The FIRA has demanded that Radhakrishnan be sacked immediately for having committed- this affront to the Constitution. "If he were to go a temple for his personal works we would have no reason to object at all. But carrying his personal superstition into matters of the state is a crime against our constitution," Dr Nayak added.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-rationalists-slam-isro-chief-s-temple-vi
sit-1914375

Vishwarupa

Country flag
Even while the Mars orbiter had barely reached the Earth's orbit, a controversy has started brewing over Isro chairman Dr K Radhakrishnan's visit to the Tirupati temple ahead of the launch. Rationalists have accused the Isro chief of insulting the Constitution by violating Article 51 A.President of the Federation of Indian Rationalist Associations (FIRA) Dr Narendra Nayak said, "He (Radhakrishnan) had no business to take a replica of PSLV to Tirupati Tirumala temple and place it in front of the deity there. By doing this, he has violated the Article 51 A of the constitution which states that it is the duty of every citizen to develop scientific temper and spirit of enquiry and humanism. He has perhaps forgotten that ours is secular republic and that worship of a deity belonging to one particular religion particularly in matters of the state is negating this very basic tenet of our constitution."He said,"I don't know which principle of science is applicable to the act of placing a replica of the launch vehicle at the feet of a statue at a temple. He has said, ''We have to understand a lot from the solar system, etc'. If this is the case we have to also go a long way to understand how a person like him in a responsible position in a government organisation be foolish enough to believe that prayers to particular god can ensure the proper launch of a satellite."The FIRA has demanded that Radhakrishnan be sacked immediately for having committed- this affront to the Constitution. "If he were to go a temple for his personal works we would have no reason to object at all. But carrying his personal superstition into matters of the state is a crime against our constitution," Dr Nayak added.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-rationalists-slam-isro-chief-s-temple-vi
sit-1914375
Dr Narendra Nayak was not in news off late so he wants to draw attention towards him.

Anyways he had done lots of work against Superstition & to ban superstition in Karnataka. He educated many on this topic. He has done lot of good work but he should not interfere in one belief( praying to god before any good work).

sasi

Fool should shut his mouth. If he doesn't know wht secularism means in constitution.
Us and russian astronut will also pray before going to space and holy water is split on them. Even japanese space agency does some kind of puja with sticks before launching rocket.

mki

Now in our country, if you are hindu and go to temple then you are extremist but if you are belong to other religion and go to your spiritual place then only you are secular...

Dharmateja

That guy should be made to know where to really stick his rationality. The best way is to ignore the crackpot, an enlightened crackpot at that one.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I slam such rationalist idiots!

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
In our country both God and Science have space and existence. Plus rationalist have right to their way of thinking but they cannot impose it on others.........

Earlier i was rationalist now i am believer.

bose

Country flag
What is take of rationalists on Muslims offering namaz every Friday?
I do not understand what the issue with the so called rationalist is...is If it gives someone peace of mind so be it"¦

I would not be surprised if those so called rationalist come up with a suggestion when to conceive babies"¦

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Mark my words ! rationalists also pray to God when they found themselves in grave situations like criminal prosecution, medical emergencies etc.

dhananjay1

"I don't know which principle of science is applicable to the act of placing a replica of the launch vehicle at the feet of a statue at a temple."

If placing a replica before a deity in a temple is 'unscientific' so is the saluting national flag, standing up for national anthem. The cretin who is advocating 'humanism' probably doesn't know that humanism itself is an abrahamic ideology based on protestant religion.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
As as long as the Tirupati visit doesn't have implication on any of ISRO's work, one really couldn't care lesser.
When Malaysian astronauts can do namaz in space, I bet ringing a few temple bells is nothing.
Perhaps if they criticized ISRO top leadership barking on each other, it would have more credibility.
But then some agendas are narrow enough to miss the forest for the trees.

I wish these media guys would allow me also, to vent my frustrations by such twisted articles. ;)

Regards,
Virendra

warriorextreme

Country flag
Rationalists are coming out as stupids these days...Everyone is allowed to have their beliefs and even if he prayed for mission's success no one should make an issue out of it...

JBH22

what about cm omar doing namaz with people
What about them saving their sorry a$$es from fatwas and possible death sentences, this explains their silence about namaz and paranoia about a guy offering prayers at Tirupati

Coalmine

Country flag
Dont know what media's point in giving bandwidth to such articles.
Dont the editor or the reporter have slightest of mind that it is such a bulshit story to be given airtime

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Dont know what media's point in giving bandwidth to such articles.
Dont the editor or the reporter have slightest of mind that it is such a bulshit story to be given airtime
controversy and negative news means $$$

Global Defence

New threads

Articles