Rate the greatest indian of last 1000 years

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I think the greatest Indian in the past 1000 years is the common man (from any part of India), for putting up with centuries of oppression, be it from pre-British, British, or post-British elitist, dynastic rulers, who almost never gave back to the public an acceptable proportion of the tax (wealth) they accumulated.
I beg to differ you in this subject. I would say that the common man had no spine. In this world unless you fight for your rights you are bound to get oppressed. EveryIndian should remember that : It is wrong to (1) Do injustice on other, (2) Let injustice be done on you and (3) Let someone do injustice on others especially when you can act.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
From my point of view there is no single great Indian. India is country that is collectively defined not only by great personality but also common man. What India is today is the result of work and sacrifice made by every Indian.

Iamanidiot

Greatest indian is MK Gandhi the Mahatma.He gave us nirvana from an infinite loop

lodaxstax

From my point of view there is no single great Indian. India is country that is collectively defined not only by great personality but also common man. What India is today is the result of work and sacrifice made by every Indian.
what you are saying is true for any society. it is the result of collective effort of all the people. yet there are individuals who channel their energies into a common binding purpose and lead the masses to achieve that. hence their greatness. thankfully we are a blessed country that there have been far too mo nay great individuals who have contributed to the cause of our nation in one form or the other.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi- For Making us who we are

truthfull

i think netaji was the greatest indian knowledgble person

http://bengalonline.sitemarvel.com/netajigate.html

Living Proof

In this letter written on 21-01-67, two days prior to Netaji's birthday, the former Union Minister Prof. Samar Guha of Jadavpur University wished him best for the auspicious occasion and said they all awaited the rise of the Sun. The reference to sunrise is presumed to be Netaji's public appearance. This indicates that Netaji may have had contemplated coming out in the open after Nehru's death in 1964.

Or did he? Why did he change mind? What caused such a change? We will explore this in due course for the world to know.

In this note, which was found amongst numerous items in Dashnamee Sannyasi's residence after his presumed death in 1985, Netaji justifies his reason for not appearing publicly (where two words are in Bengali):

"I am a bonafide Dashnamee Sannyasi; and you will know, that, a man under the Holy Orders incurs civil death according to the civil laws. And a Sannyasi is dead to his former life; it is in the keeping of Divine Mother Durga and Father Lord Shiva."
Bengal Online will gradually produce every bit of evidence there is that will prove to you beyond reasonable doubt that this Dashnamee Sannaysi is none other than our beloved leader Netaji. India has committed a terrible crime. History will not excuse those responsible. If our infromation is any guide, we can claim he is alive! Over 102 years old. We know what you may thinking. Unbelievable? Well, then, a lot of things that is the Netaji legend is just that - incredible, unbelievable. The disappearance from the watchful eyes of the British Intelligence in India, the untiring walk through thickets of the frontier province to Kabul, then to Russia, to Gemany, to Italy and finally to the Far East by German and Japanese submarines! What is not incredible!

Frail he may be, but the eyewitness reports to us that those sharp and piercing eyes and the resonance of that confident voice are still there.

Shame, shame on you India!

Invariably, around January 22-23rd each year cars came by night, people coming from Calcutta with delicious Bengali sweets for the man on his birthday, which fell on January 23. Later it was proved that one of the nocturnal visitors of the Kothi was Dr. Pabitra Mohan Roy - one of the top officials of the Secret Services of the Indian National Army (Azad Hind Fauz). He was closely linked to the Axis information channels of World War II.

AJSINGH

Subhas Chandra Bose - dynamic man destroyed by M.K GANDHI

i admire his love for his country that he went ahead to make deal with Hitler to remove British rule from india ( the enemy of my enemy is my friend )

Last edited:

A.V.

The greatest indian in present scenerio is A. RAJA >YEDURAPPA and the rest of scammers who have shamed billions of people unlike the previous greats who had handful of supporters.

just4nikhilesh

i think 2 men are greatest of all time 1. mohan das gandhi 2. jawahar lal nehru
they break India which is not done by any great men

Vyom

Seeker
What is this number game? It is childish to say this or that person is number one. There is no such thing in a span of 1000 years and among a population of more than 2 billion.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles