Rape culture in AMERICA

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/01/23/us/politics/obama-to-create-task-force-on-campus-sexual-assaults.html?_r=0&referrer

One in five students has been assaulted, it said, but just 12 percent of them report the violence.:laugh::laugh::laugh::lol:

@W.G.Ewald your comments are awaited.
News today is that Obama is going to address the problem. I am sure he will deal with it promptly and effectively, like he has all the other problems he has focused his attention on. What more could I possibly say?

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Quit trolling poor @W.G.Ewald by addressing rhetorical rape questions to him. :mad:
I don't mind. I can tell you I am shocked :shocked: that sexual assaults on US college campuses are considered as a violation of some kind of social code rather than a criminal matter.

Spindrift

The reason why these kind of things happen is because the victims are rendered defenseless by regulations that infringe upon the natural\fundamental rights of the people guaranteed through the second amendment.
I believe that the majority of the college campuses are gun free zones.
@W.G.Ewald : these victims, can they sue the college authorities and name them a s accessories to the crime as they put in place a policy that infringed on the victims right to keep and bear arms rendering the victim defenseless and thus making them into easy targets for the perpetrators?

W.G.Ewald

Professional
The reason why these kind of things happen is because the victims are rendered defenseless by regulations that infringe upon the natural\fundamental rights of the people guaranteed through the second amendment.
I believe that the majority of the college campuses are gun free zones.
@W.G.Ewald : these victims, can they sue the college authorities and name them a s accessories to the crime as they put in place a policy that infringed on the victims right to keep and bear arms rendering the victim defenseless and thus making them into easy targets for the perpetrators?
I believe they can, but I am unaware of such cases.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/15/h...-in-us-survey-report-sexual-assault.html?_r=0
According to most estimates, 80-90% of rapes are not reported to authorities. Current trends project that 1 in 3 American women will be sexually assaulted at some point during her life.
The typical rape victim is a 16-24 year-old woman. Anyone, however -- man or woman, adult or child -- can be the victim of rape. Most commonly, the assailant is a 25-44 year-old man who plans his attack. He usually chooses a woman of the same race. Nearly half the time, the victim knows the rapist at least casually, by working or living near him. Alcohol is involved in more than 1 out of 3 rapes.
Over 50% of rapes occur in the victim''s home. The rapist breaks into the victim''s home or gains access under false pretenses, such as asking to use the phone or posing as a repairman or salesman.
Rape is a violent act, and most commonly committed by a male upon a female. However, some cases of rape have been reported in which a woman has raped a man. Rape also may occur between members of the same sex. This is more prevalent in situations where access to the opposite sex is restricted (such as prisons, military settings, and single-sex schools).
Rape is an act of violence expressed through sex, but is not primarily about sex.
Those who face some form of discrimination are believed to be at higher risk of sexual assault. This increased vulnerability can assume various forms. For example, those with disabilities or limited language skills have a decreased ability to call for help; prostitutes or convicted prisoners have decreased credibility.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
News today is that Obama is going to address the problem. I am sure he will deal with it promptly and effectively, like he has all the other problems he has focused his attention on. What more could I possibly say?
Obama: 'To Anyone Out There Who Has Ever Been Assaulted ... I've Got Your Back' | The Weekly Standard
President Obama made a rather sweeping statement in his weekly address as his administration launches the White House Task Force on Protecting Students from Sexual Assault. In a show of support to victims of assault, the president said:

To anyone out there who has ever been assaulted: You are not alone. We have your back. I've got your back.

The White House blog gives a fuller description of the president's message:

In his weekly address, President Obama said that the Administration has taken another important step to protect women at college by establishing the White House Task Force on Protecting Students from Sexual Assault. An estimated 1 in 5 women is sexually assaulted at college, and the President said that we will keep taking actions like strengthening the criminal justice system, reaching out to survivors, and changing social norms so that all Americans can feel safe and protected as they pursue their own piece of the American dream.
See? There is an Obama Task Force. Problem solved.

boris

Country flag
@Spindrift

I don't think the NRA will use these cases because that is going to cause some major backlash from the anti-gun crowd. The anti-gunners as it is want the NRA's head on a plate but that won't happen even in their dreams.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles