Ramayana: History or Myth?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
We can always have a meaningful debate without sarcasm and without hurting anyone's sensibility. You stated that we can have hypothetical family trees. Yes you have a point. But how is it that nearly all written texts available as history prove the existance of such a person who started this family tree. How can you discount the DNA evidence which binds us together? I hope you know that Y-chromosome is carried only by males and gets passed to a male child only. So if we go by DNA profiling, my family tree is not hypothetical unless you want to trash even DNA as an evidence.
This is very interesting.
So do all bhardwaj gotra people have the same chromosomes ?

There are plenty of non brahmins with bhardwaj gotra if i am not kistaken.

5-10k is the cost of genetic testing, it ll be interesting to see more and more people get it done. Maybe scientific evidence for voteas comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Patriot

Country flag
You just proved that "every religion harbors extremism". Respect and belief cannot be forced.

Moreover, your statement resembles the blasphemy laws of Pakistan. Would you like to burn me alive or club me to death for debating history?
Mate your reaction is quiet on extreme side. I have not even quoted you.

Whatever I have said does not match with your wiered reaction, please read again & also try to understand the context before reacting with insane comments.

Chill mate.

Patriot

Country flag
I do not know if you would have refused to ask who your father was even if you had reasonable doubts. Because you got to believe.

Thanks for seeing reason.
Disrespectful questioning is your virtue , you may continue to do so.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I ask the MODS to close this thread under this section of Indian constitution

India prohibits hate speech by several sections of the Indian Penal Code, the Code of Criminal Procedure, and by other laws which put limitations on the freedom of expression. Section 95 of the Code of Criminal Procedure gives the government the right to declare certain publications "forfeited" if the "publication ... appears to the State Government to contain any matter the publication of which is punishable under Section 124A or Section 153A or Section 153B or Section 292 or Section 293 or Section 295A of the Indian Penal Code".

Section 153A of the penal code says, inter alia:

Whoever (a) by words, either spoken or written, or by signs or by visible representations or otherwise, promotes or attempts to promote, on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, residence, language, caste or community or any other ground whatsoever, disharmony or feelings of enmity, hatred or ill-will between different religious, racial, language or regional groups or castes or communities, or (b) commits any act which is prejudicial to the maintenance of harmony between different religious, racial, language or regional groups or castes or communities, and which disturbs or is likely to disturb the public tranquility, . . . shall be punished with imprisonment which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.

Enacted in 1927, section 295A says:

Whoever, with deliberate and malicious intention of outraging the religious feelings of any class of [citizens of India], [by words, either spoken or written, or by signs or by visible representations or otherwise], insults or attempts to insult the religion or the religious beliefs of that class, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to [three years], or with fine, or with both.

warriorextreme

Country flag
Ramayana is indeed history...It has been recorded in Budhists scriptures too as Dasharath Jatak....
Shree Ram was no god or incarnation of God he was a mahanayak, an aryan mahanayak..

Patriot

Country flag

India prohibits hate speech by several sections of the Indian Penal Code, the Code of Criminal Procedure, and by other laws which put limitations on the freedom of expression. Section 95 of the Code of Criminal Procedure gives the government the right to declare certain publications "forfeited" if the "publication ... appears to the State Government to contain any matter the publication of which is punishable under Section 124A or Section 153A or Section 153B or Section 292 or Section 293 or Section 295A of the Indian Penal Code".

Whoever (a) by words, either spoken or written, or by signs or by visible representations or otherwise, promotes or attempts to promote, on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, residence, language, caste or community or any other ground whatsoever, disharmony or feelings of enmity, hatred or ill-will between different religious, racial, language or regional groups or castes or communities, or (b) commits any act which is prejudicial to the maintenance of harmony between different religious, racial, language or regional groups or castes or communities, and which disturbs or is likely to disturb the public tranquility, . . . shall be punished with imprisonment which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.

Whoever, with deliberate and malicious intention of outraging the religious feelings of any class of [citizens of India], [by words, either spoken or written, or by signs or by visible representations or otherwise], insults or attempts to insult the religion or the religious beliefs of that class, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to [three years], or with fine, or with both.
Sesa, you have to hire a lawyer & win the case to close this thread & this may take years.:rofl::lol:. ( Just on lighter note)

If people are not sensitive & respectful as they project themseves to be, then there is no meaning of keeping any expectation.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Taking a page from your own book, might I suggest you go and stop anti-hindu teachings in madrasas first instead of screaming here?

Nothing that is being discussed here have can possibly outrage any logical being as no insult was done, definitely not with malicious intent. If you find outrage in non-outrageous debate, that is your problem.

By your logic, the same constitution should allow me to ask the mods to stop you from posting because you are stopping me from expressing my belief and faith.

Iamanidiot

We can always have a meaningful debate without sarcasm and without hurting anyone's sensibility. You stated that we can have hypothetical family trees. Yes you have a point. But how is it that nearly all written texts available as history prove the existance of such a person who started this family tree. How can you discount the DNA evidence which binds us together? I hope you know that Y-chromosome is carried only by males and gets passed to a male child only. So if we go by DNA profiling, my family tree is not hypothetical unless you want to trash even DNA as an evidence.
Rama is mentioned in Historical texts from the Guptan Period only.that is 500 Ad.Infact the earliest Textual records are from 5-6rh century AD.Texts from the previous period are mostly in Pali and majorly belong to the Heterodox sects not to the Brahmins.So I take it with a pinch of salt.

If your forefather have been buried instead of being cremated and If you have got DNA and C-14 tests done Iam willing to believe your assertion.But not certainly the origin from Rishi Bharadwaja

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Taking a page from your own book, might I suggest you go and stop anti-hindu teachings in madrasas first instead of screaming here?

Nothing that is being discussed here have can possibly outrage any logical being as no insult was done, definitely not with malicious intent. If you find outrage in non-outrageous debate, that is your problem.

By your logic, the same constitution should allow me to ask the mods to stop you from posting because you are stopping me from expressing my belief and faith.
First of all debating about Religions and religious faith which leads to hurting of others faith and belief is against the rule of DFI. First you stop giving hate speech here.

Please go through the RULES OF DFI.......

Iamanidiot

This is very interesting.
So do all bhardwaj gotra people have the same chromosomes ?

There are plenty of non brahmins with bhardwaj gotra if i am not kistaken.

5-10k is the cost of genetic testing, it ll be interesting to see more and more people get it done. Maybe scientific evidence for voteas comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
At most it shows evidence of migrant from a common point and a common ancestor but the ancestor need not be Rishi Bharadwaja

Mariner HK

Tihar Jail
Banned
:facepalm:

Read my posts again.

Be part of discussion or stay away. Thread will not be closed. I am not going to repeat.
NRJ u warned but u left arnabmit ? He and ur MOD Daredevil was bullying me ...Wat are u man ?Do u have heart ? Now u keep banning all members ?

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Rama is mentioned in Historical texts from the Guptan Period only.that is 500 Ad.Infact the earliest Textual records are from 5-6rh century AD.Texts from the previous period are mostly in Pali and majorly belong to the Heterodox sects not to the Brahmins.So I take it with a pinch of salt.

If your forefather have been buried instead of being cremated and If you have got DNA and C-14 tests done Iam willing to believe your assertion.But not certainly the origin from Rishi Bharadwaja
As said by NRJ to me, "If you don't like or getting offended by statements from others, stay away from the thread".

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Today's practitioners of Hinduism are turning it into extremism where Kafirs (non-believers) are to be damned and stripped off their freedom :lol:

How ironic that it finds similarity with Islamic radicals and their vow to end infidels by turning them into believers.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
NRJ u warned but u left arnabmit ? He and ur MOD Daredevil was bullying me ...Wat are u man ?Do u have heart ? Now u keep banning all members ?
Report posts. You have been told numerous times. Enough of offtopics.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Au contraire I 'believe' it actually does match. Now you would not possibly question my 'belief', would you? You do have to accept my 'belief' blindly and not debate on it, won't you?

Mate your reaction is quiet on extreme side. I have not even quoted you.

Whatever I have said does not match with your wiered reaction, please read again & also try to understand the context before reacting with insane comments.

Chill mate.

bharata

Ramayana was made into a story from a real historical person for sure
but that is just my beleif

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Can you please quote sentences as to where I have given hate speeches?

First of all debating about Religions and religious faith which leads to hurting of others faith and belief is against the rule of DFI. First you stop giving hate speech here.

Please go through the RULES OF DFI.......

Mariner HK

Tihar Jail
Banned
Report posts. You have been told numerous times. Enough of offtopics.
This is my thread Rama-History behind the legend Is my Topic please change it .He is converting my thread into fact or fiction like an moron

Global Defence

New threads

Articles