Rajputs in medieval age - battles and discussions

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Yes,pahadi rajput is my identity,i never took it i was born in this way.

I have not read further your post as i sense the stink of typical trader's talk in it,so better answer my questions i raised in a previous post.
You have nothing to offer except guess my caste.

You have no points. That half of your ancestors converted like every other caste in India explains everything about your fake valour!!

TrueSpirit2

These fake Kshatriyas ie Rajputs were the biggest cowards in Indian history. Rather than reuniting with their Hindu brothers from low castes, they preferred to pimp themselves and their daughters to muslims for keeping their fake self esteem. And even now they show the same colours.

Maharana Pratap was also ditched by these so called brave Rajputs to kiss Mughal ass. And who helped Maharana Pratap continue the resistance?? Guess? The Bhils i.e. the low caste tribes from central India. Only if other Rajputs had got down from their high horse and collaborated with their fellow countrymen, India could have defeated barbarians much before the rise of Marathas. Thanks to Rajput bravery, North India remained under dark regimes for so long.
Agree with the second paragraph. But, first para is too sweeping a generalization to be given any credence. History speaks otherwise. Majority of Rajputs rarely entered in matrimonial alliances with mlechhas.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Akbar was born in Umerkot (previously known as Amarkot in Sindh) in a Rajput ruler Rana Prasad's household who provided refuge & sustenance to a vanquished & exiled Humayun. But, but any stretch of imagination, how does that makes Akbar a Rajput ruler ?

However, you are utterly misinformed about Rajput. Most Rajputs isn't exactly accurate, as any historian or a serious student of history would tell you.

You are belittling the valour, sacrifices & deeds of legends from various other clans like Rathore (Durgadas Rathore, Amar Singh Rathore, Maldeo etc.), Bundelas (Raja Chhatrasal), & Pratihara (Nagabhata I), Bappa Rawal (if you consider Guhilots as separate from Sisodiya), Chauhan (Gora, Hammir dev, not the Rana Hammir), Kunwar Singh (must-read), Haras of Kotah and Bundi & numerous others (Prithvi Narayan Shah, etc.)

Not to forget, Dogras (Zorawar Singh Kahluria) who achievements cannot by matched by any modern army in the world. Again, you should be interested in Sardar Bajjar SIngh Rathore - the warrior guru of none other than Guru Govind Singh himself.

Nothing taking away anything from Marathas (who are the reason that we are an almost-Hindu nation today), but there is a reason behind the much-vaunted prestige associated with Rajput surnames which continues to exist even today.

Granted, Sisodiya clan's tale is unparalleled in history but that hardly deprecates or nullify what individuals from other prestigious Rajput clans sacrificed & achieved.
Zorawar Singh was known as jamwal,every year his birthday has been celebrated by jamwal sabha.

Bornubus

Bhai I did not claim Akbar as Rajput. It was @Bornubus!!

I am not belittling Rajputs. Just trying to show the mirror. For every Prithviraj, there was a Jaichand among Rajputs and other daughter sellers.
Here you are proving nothing but a internet troll,now where did I said that Akbar was a Rajput ?

AFAIK i mentioned he was born in a Rajput house umrkot/Amrkot.

But why am i even asking, you have failed to backed your claims/BS/Arguments in this thread.

TrueSpirit2

Bhai I did not claim Akbar as Rajput. It was @Bornubus!!

I am not belittling Rajputs. Just trying to show the mirror. For every Prithviraj, there was a Jaichand among Rajputs and other daughter sellers.
Yeah, I was countering @BornBus's argument.

On similar lines, ManSingh's war with Pratap at Akbar's behest fills me with hate & shame. But, again, we are judging yesterday's events through today's glasses.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Your only worthwhile line in the entire thread.
which tells rajputs are just as brave and cowards as every other caste. But standards for kshatriyas should be bit higher, which make them look worse. If a weak trader like me sells daughter it is understandable, but its should be death for a true kshatriya!!!

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Agree with the second paragraph. But, first para is too sweeping a generalization to be given any credence. History speaks otherwise. Majority of Rajputs rarely entered in matrimonial alliances with mlechhas.
This thread has served its purpose to show that people like @Bornubus are still trying to save just their own ass. When confronted with arguments, he ditched rajasthani Rajputs and became a Jamwal. His forefathers similarly ditched their brother Rajputs and Hindus in general. If you press him further, he will end up just protecting his family-saying that at least his direct grandfathers did not convert or sell their woman!!

Hindus need to be self-critical and accept their past mistakes rather than brag unnecessarily about their own caste. Rajputs abusing Marathas and vice-versa.

Bornubus

The thread title claims Rajputs are fake Khatriyas. There should be material to support that. Please recall your own advice.
Contrary to the thread's title,compostion of several Regt. of Indian army are Rajput recruits from all over India.

Rajput Regt,Garhwal rifles,Kumaon regt,Rajputana rifles Dogra regt.

Rajputana rifles in kargil
images (49).jpg

images-18.jpeg

alpha-company-3.jpg

Bornubus

which tells rajputs are just as brave and cowards as every other caste. But standards for kshatriyas should be bit higher, which make them look worse. If a weak trader like me sells daughter it is understandable, but its should be death for a true kshatriya!!!
In that case,mughals considered them high noble birth among hindus,why would they had matrimonial alliance with an insignificant salt trader genetically suffers from obesity and diabetes.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
In that case,mughals considered them high noble birth among hindus,why would they had matrimonial alliance with an insignificant salt trader genetically suffers from obesity and diabetes.
haha.

Read this post again and again, next time when you ask me about your caste bigotry.

Bornubus

haha.

Read this post again and again, next time when you ask me about your caste bigotry.
That's why you shouldn't engage with members in serious discussions and instead create your usual fanboy threads,Sikhs are hindus etc etc.

And plz this trader won't my post,can't say about you,read and try to do cardio in the morning before opening your 10*10 departmental store.

images.jpg

Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
The aim of our study was to investigate blood pressure (BP) levels and their association with different indices of body fat in adult Baniyas.
RESULTS:
Prevalence of prehypertension and hypertension was higher among males and prevalence of obesity was higher in females. Correlations of BP with all indices of obesity were significant. Odds ratio of hypertension was higher in males than in females for all the indices of obesity at 95% CI.
CONCLUSION:
Although obesity was found to be higher among females, males were found to be at higher risk of hypertension. High odds ratios of obesity indicate that the optimum cut-off should be calculated for screening those who are at-risk of becoming hypertensive and thus are at the greater risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21305824

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22892051

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
That's why you shouldn't engage with members in serious discussions and instead create your usual fanboy threads,Sikhs are hindus etc etc.

And plz this trader won't my post,can't say about you,read and try to do cardio in the morning before opening your 10*10 departmental store.

View attachment 6960

Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
The aim of our study was to investigate blood pressure (BP) levels and their association with different indices of body fat in adult Baniyas.
RESULTS:
Prevalence of prehypertension and hypertension was higher among males and prevalence of obesity was higher in females. Correlations of BP with all indices of obesity were significant. Odds ratio of hypertension was higher in males than in females for all the indices of obesity at 95% CI.
CONCLUSION:
Although obesity was found to be higher among females, males were found to be at higher risk of hypertension. High odds ratios of obesity indicate that the optimum cut-off should be calculated for screening those who are at-risk of becoming hypertensive and thus are at the greater risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21305824

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22892051
Next time I will create a thread on how @Bornubus is a blue eyed 7 feet tall Caucasian!!

Btw, you sound more Paki, because they also like to call everyone Baniya!

TrueSpirit2

The proportion of rajputs who eschewed their duty towards the country was much higher than those who fought against invaders.
Please share some statistics to support the theory that "Rajputs were bigger daughter-sellers to Mohammedans than all other clans". All communities including Shivaji's own family has been doing it.

Now, as a moderator, can you please close this distasteful thread ? It has been opened in bad faith & reeks of malaise towards fellow Indians.

TrueSpirit2

It is common knowledge that even Marathas were initially a mercenary force working for Bahamani Sultans & their ilk (other Deccan sultanates). For example: none other than Shivaji's father himself. These sultans were the worst enemies of Hindus ever, as Alberuni & surviving contemporary records tell us. This implies, i.e. if there's any truth in those records, Marathas served people who killed 1000x more Hindus everyday than any Turko-Mongol ruler in Delhi. & these Sultantaes were directly responsible for destruction of last major surviving beacon of Hindu civilization in peninsular India- VIjaynagar Kingdom. One would be hard-pressed to prove that there were no local Maratha chieftains & foot-soldiers in Bahamani forces.

Lesson: I have grown over to understand that we need to stop judging past events & people who do not exist, from today's perspective. No one was really morally superior to the other.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
It is common knowledge that even Marathas were initially a mercenary force working for Bahamani Sultans & their ilk (other Deccan sultanates). For example: none other than Shivaji's father himself. These sultans were the worst enemies of Hindus ever, as Alberuni & surviving contemporary records tell us. This implies, i.e. if there's any truth in those records, Marathas served people who killed 1000x more Hindus everyday than any Turko-Mongol ruler in Delhi. & these Sultantaes were directly responsible for destruction of last major surviving beacon of Hindu civilization in peninsular India- VIjaynagar Kingdom. One would be hard-pressed to prove that there were no local Maratha chieftains & foot-soldiers in Bahamani forces.

Lesson: I have grown over to understand that we need to stop judging past events & people who do not exist, from today's perspective. No one was really morally superior to the other.
Just one small addition here. Marathas were trying to rise through the ranks by benefiting from Sultans. They were not part of noble class like Rajputs, who aligned with muslims to maintain their position.

As far as this thread is concerned, we are all mature people and can read and ignore stuff if distasteful.

rohit.gr77

You asked a question if rajput were good cavalrymen why didn't they stopped Marathas ?

My purandar reference was not related to Rajput cavalry which led them to win over marathas but as a example of Maratha and rajput confrontation and who emerged victorious in the end.

As for kneeling before mughals,you are wrong again,Marathas were only emerged as a power in 17 th century,Ancestors of Shivaji were loyal servants of Mughals and several Maharastrian kingdoms bowed down before Muslims and offered their daughters to them even before rajput of Rajasthan not other rajput.

Jijabai's (mother of shivaji) was Yadava princess of Devgiri,whose ancestors give their daughter to Ala Ud din Khilji also vijnaynagar kingdom their ruler like devraya did the same when they married their daughter to Bahmani sultan.
Very conveniently you changed your point about rajput Cavalry being the reason of Maratha defeat at purandar.
Also it is wrong to consider it as a confrontation between Rajputs and Marathas. It was a confrontation between Mughals and Marathas, wherein the Mughals were led by a Rajputs commander. The majority of the common soldiers were still Mughals.
Marathas only emerged as a power in 17th century true. But since Rajputs were present on the scene since 1000 years before that, why none of them had the guts to rise as a power to challenge the Mughals or for that matter any of the Muslim Invaders after Prithviraj Chauhan.
The Marathas, Sikhs and even the Jats dared to challenge the Mughals and finally subdue them in a short period of time.
The Rajputs had so many years to prepare but instead of challenging, then chose to kneel before Mughals(Rana Sanga and Rana Pratap being the exceptions)
Now Jijabai was from the Jadhav clan of Sindkhed Raja, they might have been the descendents of Devgiri Yadavas, but she was not a princess of Devgiri as claimed by you.

rohit.gr77

Rajputs were the pioneers in offering the resistance to Muslim invaders,they were always the first line of defense and nobody came close to them,not in history not today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajput_resistance_to_Muslim_conquests

Rajputs were ruling small kingdoms (not more than few dist. of today) with limited resources, still they resisted mughals who had the resources of rich Doab,Bengal and northern india.

ome British colonial officials were impressed by the military qualities of the Rajputs and their centuries old struggle against Muslim invaders. In his Annals and Antiquities of Rajasthan James Tod writes:[6]

“ What nation on earth could have maintained the semblance of civilization, the spirit or the customs of their forefathers, during so many centuries of overwhelming depression, but one of such singular character as the Rajput? ... Rajasthan exhibits the sole example in the history of mankind, of a people withstanding every outrage barbarity could inflict, or human nature sustain, from a foe whose religion commands annihilation; and bent to the earth, yet rising buoyant from the pressure, and making calamity a whetstone to courage .... Not an iota of their religion or customs have they lost .
Another petty excuse from you to cover the Rajput incompetence, that they had small kingdoms and limited resources.
Well then the Marathas and Sikhs had neither Kingdom nor resources. Still they subdued the Mughals.
Instead of quoting some British colonist, read this poem by Rabindranath Tagore.

In what far-off country, upon what obscure day
I know not now,
Seated in the gloom of some Mahratta mountain-wood
O King Shivaji,
Lighting thy brow, like a lightning flash,
This thought descended,
"Into one virtuous rule, this divided broken distracted India,
I shall bind."

~ Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads