Rajputs in medieval age - battles and discussions

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Nope, but I'll try again.

AIT/AMT happened long loooooong before Karl Marx was born. That is why your bringing in Marx is irrelevant.

Even if Karl Marx were never born, it won't change anything about AIT/AMT.
So you don't have proof of invasion!! Validates my point.

The retiring generation of historians are trained in Marxist school and use his methods to dissect Indian history. Date of birth of Marx has nothing to do with it. But you can keep selling your Tikka Masala!

pmaitra

So you don't have proof of invasion!! Validates my point.
Who said I don;'t have proof? Enough evidence has already been provided. The latest being the age of haplogroup. Let people read the AIT thread.
The retiring generation of historians are trained in Marxist school and use his methods to dissect Indian history. Date of birth of Marx has nothing to do with it. But you can keep selling your Tikka Masala!
What Marxist school? Coming up with fairy tales I see. More Tikka Masala. Keep 'em coming.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
To clarify certain things,this thread is not started by me nor i requested a new thread on this topic but in all likelihood @Sakal Gharelu Ustad in his utter frustration and his personal grudge against a community made this thread.

His stereotypical title of the thread and his butthurt posts are the example of it.

Moreover,i proudly claim and take pride in my roots and history (doesn't matter good or bad) of my people unlike a Gharelu (Homely) guy/girl who is so afraid to share his,thus making me to believe a member of typical trader community whose only achievements in history are to buy and selling gharelu stuff and to discuss politics in their 10*10 sized shops unlike a rajput who is serving his nation on loc as we speak.
1) The thread was forked because most of the posts had nothing to do with cavalry.

2) There is nothing wrong in being a trader. He is just doing his job. As if sitting in 10*10 shop is so easy task! Try doing it. (Me being/not being a trader has nothing to do with it)

3) The thread just exposes you as a casteist bigot who cannot even take handle slight criticism.

4) No one on this thread hates Rana Sanga or Maharana Pratap. But the crop of useless Rajputs who prostrated in muslim courts need a lesson in nationality.

5) Once you see through the fake bravado about your caste taught by your parents, you would understand nuances of history. May be it would cure you of your bigotry as well!!

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Who said I don;'t have proof? Enough evidence has already been provided. The latest being the age of haplogroup. Let people read the AIT thread.

What Marxist school? Coming up with fairy tales I see. More Tikka Masala. Keep 'em coming.
You did not even want to put a time frame for invasion on that thread. Your lies are well exposed there.

By the way, how does haplogroup tell about invasion!! Do genes cry out that they were from invasion!! You need archaeological evidence or explicit literature about war fought and regions destroyed. Probably I am asking you too much to prove!

pmaitra

1) The thread was forked because most of the posts had nothing to do with cavalry.

2) There is nothing wrong in being a trader. He is just doing his job. As if sitting in 10*10 shop is so easy task! Try doing it. (Me being/not being a trader has nothing to do with it)

3) The thread just exposes you as a casteist bigot who cannot even take handle slight criticism.

4) No one on this thread hates Rana Sanga or Maharana Pratap. But the crop of useless Rajputs who prostrated in muslim courts need a lesson in nationality.

5) Once you see through the fake bravado about your caste taught by your parents, you would understand nuances of history. May be it would cure you of your bigotry as well!!
The thread title claims Rajputs are fake Khatriyas. There should be material to support that. Please recall your own advice.
You did not even want to put a time frame for invasion on that thread. Your lies are well exposed there.

By the way, how does haplogroup tell about invasion!! Do genes cry out that they were from invasion!! You need archaeological evidence or explicit literature about war fought and regions destroyed. Probably I am asking you too much to prove!
I did what I did in the thread. Let people go and read it. Regarding your question about haplogroup, again, it was used to demonstrate that the haplogroup did not originate in India.

Look, believe what you want. Indians are not the same everywhere. People will believe what they see with their own eyes. North Indians look closer to Iranians. East and North East Indians look closer to Tibetans.

These are facts, and Marx has nothing to do with it, as much as Chicken Tikka Masala has nothing to do with it.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
The thread title claims Rajputs are fake Khatriyas. There should be material to support that. Please recall your own advice.

I did what I did in the thread. Let people go and read it. Regarding your question about haplogroup, again, it was used to demonstrate that the haplogroup did not originate in India.

Look, believe what you want. Indians are not the same everywhere. People will believe what they see with their own eyes. North Indians look closer to Iranians. East and North East Indians look closer to Tibetans.

These are facts, and Marx has nothing to do with it, as much as Chicken Tikka Masala has nothing to do with it.
They gave up their Kshatriya dharm and kissed Muslim ass. That is what we are discussing in this thread. You are free to counter the points based on facts. The proportion of rajputs who eschewed their duty towards the country was much higher than those who fought against invaders.

As far as AIT is concerned you can keep repeating the same arguments again and again, it would not help. All the new genetic evidence points in opposite direction.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
@Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Mad Indian

Why are you bringing things I have not even mentioned? I have never said Bollywood heroines are saints. I do not support them either. All I have said is that prostitution is evil and I stand by my point.

Let me ask a very disturbing question. How many of you would allow your female relatives(mothers,sisters,daughters) etc to engage in prostitution? How do you people even view these prostitutes? I believe you people are nothing but hypocrites.

Prostitutes are shunned in our society. Even during the ancient times their condition was same. There was a TV serial in Bengali channel(ETV most likely) starring Swastika Mukeherjee titled Devadasi which harped on the conditions of these temple prostitutes during 19th-20th century Bengal. Most of these so called devadasis were young teenaged women who were given to temples by their poor parents who could not marry them off. After they became old they were left with a life of complete misery and hopelessness. In the name of god women were exploited by the pandas. What was portrayed in the serial is not someone would like to discuss.

As for A.SIngh sir`s last question the custom is/was prevalent in Bengal in some areas but it is not done in East Bengal.

Note: Mujra bars,prostitution centers,devadasis are all evil. Please do not bring secular communal nonsense here.
Prostitution is a necessary evil and unavoidable in any society at any era. This is one profession that existed in every society and will exist till civilisation perishes.

As a matter of fact, when prostitution is regulated, it becomes far less evil than when it was not regulated. Once regulated, prostitutes get a legitimacy and protection of law, when unregulated prostitution not only enhances the exploitation of the prostitutes, it also remains a menace to society.

And, prostitution will always carry a stigma. Even in promiscuous societies like Romans or present day western nations. it bears a stigma. That doesn't necessarily mean that is evil.

Adux

Country flag
When was Rajputs rulings paki land,the last hindu ruling dynasties were Brahmans,Kabul shahi and Dahir were Brahmans,his capital was Brahmanabad.

And our kins are Dogras not sindhi trader Bhuttos or any mallecha who claimed rajput status upon conversion.

BTW it was Rajputs whose women never hesitated to jump into funereal pyre,such a bravery only showed by these women,there is no equal in the world.

And show some respect to the likes of Prithviraj who took Ghari on his own and ultimatly died with honor that too without the help of any half naked dravid ruler from south.

And we say there are no caste system in India, and that there is no uppity attitude shown by higher caste, where higher caste doesnt use their influence to stump the the lower caste. This is the Hindu nation, eh?

Disgusting! Are you a Bharat Rakshak poster? Because you sound like one?

Tony HMG

Country flag
@Bornubus You have insulted THE GREAT MARATHAS by calling them guerilla fighters. If the Marathas had not fought the 20 year war with the mugals, we would all have been converted to muslims. Why is that we always say the Great Marathas and we never say great rajputs ? Baring Rana Pratap & Priithviraj all the rajputs were a bunch of of pussies & acted like pimps for mugals.

TrueSpirit2

haha........Joke of the century.

Rajputs who sold their daughters to muslims to keep their throne were such superior fighters!
He probably means better warriors/fighters at individual level. That's quite subjective & hard to determine. Maybe a Deadliest Warrior type TV series can explore it better.

Btw, even Marathas were initially a mercenary force working for Bahamani Sultans & their ilk (other Deccan sultanates). For example: none other than Shivaji's father himself. These sultans were the worst enemies of Hindus ever, as Alberuni & surviving contemporary records tell us. This implies, i.e. if there's any truth in those records, Marathas served people who killed 1000x more Hindus everyday than any Turko-Mongol ruler in Delhi. & these Sultantaes were directly responsible for destruction of last major surviving beacon of Hindu civilization in peninsular India- VIjaynagar Kingdom. One would be hard-pressed to prove that there were no local Maratha chieftains & foot-soldiers in Bahamani forces.

Lesson: I have grown over to understand that we need to stop judging past events & people who do not exist, from today's perspective. No one was really morally superior to the other.

DarthVader

I guess its quiet laughable.....all these ...(for the lack of a better term).. morons..who will stop at nothing to delude themselves into thinking they are true nationalists....maratha guy..calling all rajputs pussy...i'll wait for the rajput guy to reply in kind...(perhaps he will tease him by calling matathas..mountain rats [the term oftern used uncharitibly by mughals]...the maratha...wont wait for a second to remember how pehawas and marathas of maharashtra stabbed there own maratha bretheren (holkar) in his back.....when he prepared single-handedly to mount an assault on British controlled bengal.....nor will the rajput ever bother to criticise his casteman who colluded with mughals to raise/loot and kill...members of the same faith...and many times same caste..and yes looting included raising of many hindu temples....marathas also fail to remember 'their panipat' when hindu and sikh kingdoms refused to back them because of the havoc they had caused to there territories and because of underlying corruption among maratha generals....british never actualy conqured india....indians willingly submitted to british....because all the hindu kingdome and yes that include your brave marathas and rajputs were much more interested in cutting a deal with british then to work with each other...freaking nutcrackers

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter

Anything i said against your Dravid lackey can't be counted as casteist bigotry, if i said anything which you feel against lower caste,plz point out that post and shame me otherwise die in shame as a senior member and a moderator of the forum.

Secondly no one gets offended if you call Kachwahas,rajputs clan as fake Kshatriya,you branded a whole community and stereotyped them mughal lackey,which is a total distortion of facts,i being a Jamwal whose ancestors had nothing to do with Rajasthan let alone mughals.

So come back when you read the rajput resistance to muslims since 8th AD,I have provided a whole source in my precious posts.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
He probably means better warriors/fighters at individual level. That's quite subjective & hard to determine. Maybe a Deadliest Warrior type TV series can explore it better.

Btw, even Marathas were initially a mercenary force working for Bahamani Sultans & their ilk (other Deccan sultanates). For example: none other than Shivaji's father himself. These sultans were the worst enemies of Hindus ever, as Alberuni & surviving contemporary records tell us. This implies, i.e. if there's any truth in those records, Marathas served people who killed 1000x more Hindus everyday than any Turko-Mongol ruler in Delhi. & these Sultantaes were directly responsible for destruction of last major surviving beacon of Hindu civilization in peninsular India- VIjaynagar Kingdom. One would be hard-pressed to prove that there were no local Maratha chieftains & foot-soldiers in Bahamani forces.

Lesson: I have grown over to understand that we need to stop judging past events & people who do not exist, from today's perspective. No one was really morally superior to the other.
That is the idea for this whole thread. People need to understand how stupid their ancestors were rather than peddling casteist BS taught by their parents i.e. how awesome their forefathers were.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Anything i said against your Dravid lackey can't be counted as casteist bigotry, if i said anything which you feel against lower caste,plz point out that post and shame me otherwise die in shame as a senior member and a moderator of the forum.

Secondly no one gets offended if you call Kachwahas,rajputs clan as fake Kshatriya,you branded a whole community and stereotyped them mughal lackey,which is a total distortion of facts,i being a Jamwal whose ancestors had nothing to do with Rajasthan let alone mughals.

So come back when you read the rajput resistance to muslims since 8th AD,I have provided a whole source in my precious posts.
Haha. So now because you saw the light that Rajasthani Rajputs were Mughal lackeys, now you want to have another identity for yourself i.e. Pahadi!

I am just trying to make the point that these historical birth based castes have little significance for modern world. Half of your forefathers converted under fear of sword and other half sold their daughters. That is not how true kshatriyas behave. Point is they were just as brave or cowards as other Indians.

Bornubus

@Bornubus You have insulted THE GREAT MARATHAS by calling them guerilla fighters. If the Marathas had not fought the 20 year war with the mugals, we would all have been converted to muslims. Why is that we always say the Great Marathas and we never say great rajputs ? Baring Rana Pratap & Priithviraj all the rajputs were a bunch of of pussies & acted like pimps for mugals.
Where was the honor when Marathas were no. 3 in Mughal Nobility under Aurangzeb, the same mughal who cut down Shambhaji into pieces and disposed his body in a river, in a gruesome death,Marathas keeps on employed by mughals even after Aurangzeb as mercenaries,fighting mughal wars against pashtuns,rohillas and harassing Hindus Jats and Rajputs thus looked down by Hindus and Muslims alike.

They demolished Hindu temples in south,raided Hindus like a dacoit allied with local Muslim chiefs,guess what their Chauth and Sardeshmukhi was mostly collected by Hindu dominated areas not Muslims.

As for resistance,try reading the source i have provided on previous page,their resistance started from the arrival of Islam in sub continent and didn't ended until they became masters in their respective domain.

Banda Singh bahadur,Dogras,Minhas,Katoch they are all feared rajput clans who have nothing to do with mughals.

Bornubus

Haha. So now because you saw the light that Rajasthani Rajputs were Mughal lackeys, now you want to have another identity for yourself i.e. Pahadi!

I am just trying to make the point that these historical birth based castes have little significance for modern world. Half of your forefathers converted under fear of sword and other half sold their daughters. That is not how true kshatriyas behave. Point is they were just as brave or cowards as other Indians.
Yes,pahadi rajput is my identity,i never took it i was born in this way.

I have not read further your post as i sense the stink of typical trader's talk in it,so better answer my questions i raised in a previous post.

TrueSpirit2

Do you even understand causality? Aggarwals and Guptas are smart enough to let Rajputs fake their bravery and die in battles.

Now Akbar is a Rajput as well. haha!!!!! Fact is most Rajputs sold themselves to Mughals except Sisodias. Half of brain-dead Paki punjabis are Rajputs, who converted to save their ass.
Akbar was born in Umerkot (previously known as Amarkot in Sindh) in a Rajput ruler Rana Prasad's household who provided refuge & sustenance to a vanquished & exiled Humayun. But, but any stretch of imagination, how does that makes Akbar a Rajput ruler ?

However, you are utterly misinformed about Rajput. Most Rajputs isn't exactly accurate, as any historian or a serious student of history would tell you.

You are belittling the valour, sacrifices & deeds of legends from various other clans like Rathore (Durgadas Rathore, Amar Singh Rathore, Maldeo etc.), Bundelas (Raja Chhatrasal), & Pratihara (Nagabhata I), Bappa Rawal (if you consider Guhilots as separate from Sisodiya), Chauhan (Gora, Hammir dev, not the Rana Hammir), Kunwar Singh (must-read), Haras of Kotah and Bundi & numerous others (Prithvi Narayan Shah, etc.)

Not to forget, Dogras (Zorawar Singh Kahluria) who achievements cannot by matched by any modern army in the world. Again, you should be interested in Sardar Bajjar SIngh Rathore - the warrior guru of none other than Guru Govind Singh himself.

Nothing taking away anything from Marathas (who are the reason that we are an almost-Hindu nation today), but there is a reason behind the much-vaunted prestige associated with Rajput surnames which continues to exist even today.

Granted, Sisodiya clan's tale is unparalleled in history but that hardly deprecates or nullify what individuals from other prestigious Rajput clans sacrificed & achieved.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Akbar was born in Umerkot (previously known as Amarkot in Sindh) in a Rajput ruler Rana Prasad's household who provided refuge & sustenance to a vanquished & exiled Humayun. But, but any stretch of imagination, how does that makes Akbar a Rajput ruler ?

However, you are utterly misinformed about Rajput. Most Rajputs isn't exactly accurate, as any historian or a serious student of history would tell you.

You are belittling the valour, sacrifices & deeds of legends from various other clans like Rathore (Durgadas Rathore, Amar Singh Rathore, Maldeo etc.), Bundelas (Raja Chhatrasal), & Pratihara (Nagabhata I), Bappa Rawal (if you consider Guhilots as separate from Sisodiya), Chauhan (Gora, Hammir dev, not the Rana Hammir), Kunwar Singh (must-read), Haras of Kotah and Bundi & numerous others (Prithvi Narayan Shah, etc.)

Not to forget, Dogras (Zorawar Singh Kahluria) who achievements cannot by matched by any modern army in the world. Again, you should be interested in Sardar Bajjar SIngh Rathore - the warrior guru of none other than Guru Govind Singh himself.

Nothing taking away anything from Marathas (who are the reason that we are an almost-Hindu nation today), but there is a reason behind the much-vaunted prestige associated with Rajput surnames which continues to exist even today.

Granted, Sisodiya clan's tale is unparalleled in history but that hardly deprecates or nullify what individuals from other prestigious Rajput clans sacrificed & achieved.
Bhai I did not claim Akbar as Rajput. It was @Bornubus!!

I am not belittling Rajputs. Just trying to show the mirror. For every Prithviraj, there was a Jaichand among Rajputs and other daughter sellers.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles