Rahul warns against globalisation: 'Excludes as much as it includes'

sob

Mod
Country flag
With UP elections around the corner Buddhism has come to the fore.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
From 2004 - 2009, congress carried out very little economic liberalisation, but they conveniently blamed the communist for that, saying its because of coalition compulsion. But now the real face of Congress is beginning to come out, even the 90s liberalisation was done because they had no other choice, not because they actually wanted a liberal economy.
well said, 1991 was forced down their throats, and so the call was taken, otherwise would have never ever happened.

fact that very smartly has been erased from the memory of indians has been the role of IMF in initiating the reforms and how till the time PVN was of use to congress was projected as the initiator and then once his utility diminished post the chandra swami scandal, it was MMS all over the place. there is never a mention on how the world lending bodies, in particular IMF was breathing down the necks of the then government, and how these reforms were forced on india. had all this been mismanaged, had the indian private sector not played up the way it has, rest assured by now PVN, MMS and the IMF would have been the biggest villains in the history of india, just the way it has happened in pakistan.

this is such a fine example of what happened and how it was projected:

http://defenceforumindia.com/members-corner/6419-chit-chat-thread-24.html#post334096

take india as the one in the middle.
IMF on the left.
PVN/MMS/congress on the right.

what was shown to indians was the pic on the right.

i said this before, if congress really had a visionary on economy, it was rajiv gandhi, but then he was to screw it up all too soon for any real good to happen, greed can make people do strangest of the things. at least if rajiv would have been around, rahul would have been in much safer hands, and would not have been speaking the language of the NAC and wouldnt have turned into a hardened leftist that he has.

the other point, congress seems to have learnt some really nasty lessons from the last win they got, the farmer loan waiver, NREGA, etc helped them win the elections and it seems they have come out convinced that only these social upliftment programs can win them elections, not the much needed economic reforms and then of course the '08-'09 economic crisis where protectionism was projected as india's biggest strength that for some seemed to have saved the day for india.

congress has few of the best economic minds in the country, but cursed political leadership. what a tragedy!

how much i wish we have a political party which without any inhibitions would talk reforms and initiate them, possibly this is where narender modi can come to india's rescue but i am really not convinced people who go to cast their votes even think in terms of the economy of the country.

arya

Country flag
can some one tell me who is rahul ??

what is his speciality , i only know one rahul cook , he is good cook

arya

Country flag
Really? what does he cook, Pasta?:D
yaa he is good in his work , but i really dont know who is rahul gandhi

just a next gandhi to rule the nation and rest we indian follow his all words

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads