Rahul Gandhi's speech to India Inc : Confused or Visionary ?

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Rahul Gandhi CII --meet

Hi i want to know what is real thinking of Indian Industry

here are two views one by yahoo which says industrialist where impressive

Rahul Gandhi interaction at CII meet impressive: India Inc

one by .Reuters which says weren`t impressive

Rahul Gandhi bemuses with 'beehive' speech to India Inc

people on net are projecting it at as inclusive development (including humanistic approach) and other fast pre-planned development less gov interfernce

As one said on mediacrooks if one want what is congress thinking see NDTV

I was watching ndtv india and saw ravish programme on rahul gandhi`s CII meet and Rahul gandhi was presented as "one how care for down trodden /lower -lower middle class"

few months Modi too claim leader for lower middle class called them as neo-middle class .

What is view of DFI`ans whether Rahul gandhi has some own thinking or not or what he says is actually other views

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Marxist/Sickular/Commie/etc Historian Irfan Habib

[tweet]319703543684685824[/tweet]
@civfanatic

----

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
I watched the entire video (yes the entire 60minutes), its hilarious

Reminds me of this:

(Watch it, its awesome)

Last edited by a moderator:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
:rofl: :rofl:

Rahul Gandhi mocked for 'beehive' speech

Mr Gandhi, who has been ear-marked as a future Congress party leader and Indian prime minister, sought to set out his vision for the country's future in a rare public speech to some of the country's most powerful business leaders at the Confederation of Indian Industry.

But his attempt to appear passionate, messianic and informal backfired as critics mocked his chummy addressing of business leaders as 'Boss,' a series of mixed metaphors, and his ponderous and bumbling delivery.

A speech that lasted well over an hour was overshadowed by a Twitter hashtag referring to him as 'Pappu', a local term for naïve, and quickly became the most popular trending discussion in India.

In a storyline resembling a TED talk, he said India was like a "beehive' buzzing with complexity and energy. The country's challenge was to harness this hive of energy with better infrastructure and education for all its 1.2 bullion people.

The country's leaders were "sitting on an unstoppable tide of human aspiration," and must "provide roads on which our dreams are paved", but not roads which "have potholes, they can't break down in six months," he said.

The "complexity" of India's problems, he said, alluding to corruption and slow bureaucracy, had in fact given its business leaders a competitive advantage over rivals in the United States and Europe who had emerged from a more "simple" environment.

"The beehive is a good analogy, you are masters of complexity, this buzzing sound you don't like, these newspaper stories which drive me nuts, this is your training, developing you to deal with complexity. This is what's going to give you the competitive advantage like nobody has ever had before. When you go out into the world and you have dealt with this complexity and you're dealing with competitors in the United States, France and Germany, you are people trained in complexity dealing with people trained in simplicity. I tell you who is going to win – you are going to win," he said to muted applause.

He dismissed continuous speculation over whether he will replace prime minister Dr Manmohan Singh as the Congress party's candidate to lead the country at the next election.

"The only relevant question in this country is how can we give our people voice. It is not important what Rahul Gandhi thinks, its important what a billion Indians think," he said

Critics alighted on his failure to offer specific solutions to some of the country's most daunting problems – such as inflation, public debt, lagging foreign investment, and a series of corruption scandals which have tainted his party.

"Rahul Gandhi said 'Boss' .. . visualise him talking to world leaders: 'Boss, hey dude, howz it hangin?'" said leading editor and commentator Madhu Trehan. Leading broadcaster Sagarika Ghose criticised his "fumble for written notes," while top newscaster Rajdeep Sardesai demanded to know: "Where are the solutions, Mr Gandhi?"

Rahul Gandhi mocked for 'beehive' speech - Telegraph

gokussj9

Country flag
Can anybody enlighten me about the speech that Modi gave at IT conclave? How did it differ from Baba's speech?

nrupatunga

However good or bad the speech might have been. One thing in the speech maybe right i.e. country is too diverse and complex for one person to solve all the problems.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Reminds me of the Ram Katha at the village choupal.

Great to hear with little substance. Ideal script for a heart wrenching film. Hopefully Mahesh Bhat who is currently out of job will pick up this money spinning filmy story.

How is a chaps going to Mumbai from Gorakhpur show that it is Indian ambition?

It is just the reaction to Indian poor's hunger pangs!

Why do educated Indians go abroad seeking jobs?

Ambition or lack of opportunities?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Can anybody enlighten me about the speech that Modi gave at IT conclave? How did it differ from Baba's speech?
You must hear it to see the difference.

He gave concrete solution and not woolly woolly meanderings of Mr R Gandhi.

And I am no fan of Modi.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
However good or bad the speech might have been. One thing in the speech maybe right i.e. country is too diverse and complex for one person to solve all the problems.
So, it means we sit back and sink?

What is the Govt there for?

Who gave direction to India? One man. His name was Jawahar Lal Nehru!

One Man!

Likewise followed more stentorian like by his daughter, Indira Gandhi.

One woman!

What a fantastic woman!

nrupatunga

[tweet]319743245515120640[/tweet]

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The sycophancy is nauseating. Does he have any idea ?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
It's an accident of fate : dynastic rule

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
Modi gave the finest examples of his experiments and now becoming the policies that how we can tackle some of the problematic situation easily and how we can bring transparency in govt. How urban and rural development can be done with new and revised ideas.

And RG saidthe things which we already knew, we already knew what are the problems and we know we have to solve them but how ?? No suggestions how ?? Panchayati Raj and other things aren't suggestions, it's already there but still we have the problems.We know India has youth and we need to use it but how ??

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
We have completely messed up our priorities. I find discussing leaders or their speeches useless exercise.

No one talks about how problems are going to be solved. No one talks about their actual agenda.

Sensational speeches, describing what is already known, taking dig at each other is business of the week.

If Rahul Gandhi is so concerned about problems from their roots, then why is he wasting time giving out speeches to CII or whatever? Are those speeches going to solve root causes of problems he is so philosophically talking about?

No one is expecting role of social commentator from him, we have plenty.

nrupatunga

@Ray: does that mean one man can solve all problems. Govt is not and should not be a one man show. The head needs support system. And once that one man goes away, what happens if systems are not set in place. Also wrt nehru, i suppose many people would say that even he erred on lot of things.

Yes as you mentioned, the speech may be nice to hear, but how do we implement it.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I was listening to TV debates on this issue.

Some said that all loved his speech and gave a standing ovation.

Tell me, if the son of the actual power that decides one's future talks, would the people whose fates hang in balance sit down and boo?!

How childish can people be?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Ray: does that mean one man can solve all problems. Govt is not and should not be a one man show. The head needs support system. And once that one man goes away, what happens if systems are not set in place. Also wrt nehru, i suppose many people would say that even he erred on lot of things.

Yes as you mentioned, the speech may be nice to hear, but how do we implement it.
One man does not mean a dictator.

It means a Leader.

A leader mean is he the first amongst Equals.

And if he is hamstrung and confused, what can the Team do?

Wars are won by leaders with foresight and good plans.

The Team given the insight and plan executes it to gain victory!

Look at Musharraf. He daydreamed victory disregarding reality and basic tactics and he bit the dust, no matter what he claims!

Roti, Kapda, Makan and AAm Admi are lovely to hear and give hope.

But when they turn out to mirages, one loses hope and realises how these are mere empty and hot air emitted by gasbags!

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Wow! even sagarika & rajdeep fed up of pappu!!!

:rofl: :rofl:

Rahul Gandhi mocked for 'beehive' speech

Mr Gandhi, who has been ear-marked as a future Congress party leader and Indian prime minister, sought to set out his vision for the country's future in a rare public speech to some of the country's most powerful business leaders at the Confederation of Indian Industry.

But his attempt to appear passionate, messianic and informal backfired as critics mocked his chummy addressing of business leaders as 'Boss,' a series of mixed metaphors, and his ponderous and bumbling delivery.

A speech that lasted well over an hour was overshadowed by a Twitter hashtag referring to him as 'Pappu', a local term for naïve, and quickly became the most popular trending discussion in India.

In a storyline resembling a TED talk, he said India was like a "beehive' buzzing with complexity and energy. The country's challenge was to harness this hive of energy with better infrastructure and education for all its 1.2 bullion people.

The country's leaders were "sitting on an unstoppable tide of human aspiration," and must "provide roads on which our dreams are paved", but not roads which "have potholes, they can't break down in six months," he said.

The "complexity" of India's problems, he said, alluding to corruption and slow bureaucracy, had in fact given its business leaders a competitive advantage over rivals in the United States and Europe who had emerged from a more "simple" environment.

"The beehive is a good analogy, you are masters of complexity, this buzzing sound you don't like, these newspaper stories which drive me nuts, this is your training, developing you to deal with complexity. This is what's going to give you the competitive advantage like nobody has ever had before. When you go out into the world and you have dealt with this complexity and you're dealing with competitors in the United States, France and Germany, you are people trained in complexity dealing with people trained in simplicity. I tell you who is going to win – you are going to win," he said to muted applause.

He dismissed continuous speculation over whether he will replace prime minister Dr Manmohan Singh as the Congress party's candidate to lead the country at the next election.

"The only relevant question in this country is how can we give our people voice. It is not important what Rahul Gandhi thinks, its important what a billion Indians think," he said

Critics alighted on his failure to offer specific solutions to some of the country's most daunting problems – such as inflation, public debt, lagging foreign investment, and a series of corruption scandals which have tainted his party.

"Rahul Gandhi said 'Boss' .. . visualise him talking to world leaders: 'Boss, hey dude, howz it hangin?'" said leading editor and commentator Madhu Trehan. Leading broadcaster Sagarika Ghose criticised his "fumble for written notes," while top newscaster Rajdeep Sardesai demanded to know: "Where are the solutions, Mr Gandhi?"

Rahul Gandhi mocked for 'beehive' speech - Telegraph

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Rahul Gandhis gamechanger redux
:troll: :rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Agnostic_Indian

Country flag
the speech was inspirational, but it's actions on ground what is absent from him.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles