Rafale hammers the islamist terrorist groups in Mali

pmaitra

This reminds me of the Empire days with colonial troops serving with French regulars. 2,500 French, 3,600 African Union and whatever is left of the 10,000 worthless Malian army. We are going to have to spear head the invasion with Africans holding the rear. There were 1,200 Islamists before we killed 100 attacking Konna. That suggests a rather large force of rebels nationwide.
Do you think the French Army could learn a thing or two about fighting Jihadi nutjobs from India, given India's victory in Kargil? India, on the other hand, could learn a thing or two about helping and funding Jihadis from the French.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Do you think the French Army could learn a thing or two about fighting Jihadi nutjobs from India, given India's victory in Kargil? India, on the other hand, could learn a thing or two about helping and funding Jihadis from the French.
Fighting in one's own country is different from fighting in a foreign country..Whatever Frances tries it is never going to defeat the rebels..It will face the same thing USA faced in Afghanistan..

pmaitra

Fighting in one's own country is different from fighting in a foreign country..Whatever Frances tries it is never going to defeat the rebels..It will face the same thing USA faced in Afghanistan..
Real war is where everything is fair.

If France really wants, it can bulldoze all these Jihadi nutjobs into submission. Unfortunately, these Europeans have come up with the surrealistic concept of "war crime," which they want to avoid.

I struggle to understand, what is "war crime?" War is crime! Get in, do your job, get out.

KS

Bye bye DFI

If France really wants, it can bulldoze all these Jihadi nutjobs into submission. Unfortunately, these Europeans have come up with the surrealistic concept of "war crime," which they want to avoid.

I struggle to understand, what is "war crime?" War is crime! Get in, do your job, get out.
You can fight people who want to win and live..what can you do to people who cherish dying the most and will fight for it ? Keep on fighting them...and as a result waste precious money when the economy is in doldrums. In this kind of war it is the logistics that cost the most..

France is in one heck of a ride.

But a good islamist is a dead islamist and hence good wishes to France to take out as much as possible..

pmaitra

You can fight people who want to win and live..what can you do to people who cherish dying the most and will fight for it ? Keep on fighting them...and as a result waste precious money when the economy is in doldrums. In this kind of war it is the logistics that cost the most..
Well, what do you do? Just bomb villages and towns to rubble. The US threatened to do this to Pakistan, the USSR actually did this in Afghanistan.

France is in one heck of a ride.

But a good islamist is a dead islamist and hence good wishes to France to take out as much as possible..
I'd rather these Islamists were driven out of everywhere and forced to flee to Saudi Arabia. It will end up like another Pakistan. This Wahhabi Frankestein will deal a very heavy blow to the al-Saud regime, when it finally does. It is only a matter of 'when!'

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Not really, it is two different situations and geographies. We have plenty of experience in the air campaign over Libya/ Cote d'Ivoir/Serbia and been fighting insurgents for a decade in Afghanistan. We know how to play this game. India needs to watch closely our air operations as M2000 and Rafale will be the basis of IAF strike capability.

pmaitra

Not really, it is two different situations and geographies. We have plenty of experience in the air campaign over Libya/ Cote d'Ivoir/Serbia and been fighting insurgents for a decade in Afghanistan. We know how to play this game. India needs to watch closely our air operations as M2000 and Rafale will be the basis of IAF strike capability.
Yes, I agree with you when you comes to Rafale, and to some extent Mirage 2000. However, my comment was, if you could read it again, about the French Army, not the French Air Force. ;)

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Yes, I agree with you when you comes to Rafale, and to some extent Mirage 2000. However, my comment was, if you could read it again, about the French Army, not the French Air Force. ;)
Again, not really. The terrain is mostly flat desert. Our experience in Iraq would be more beneficial. We have been operating in the Sarah for hundreds of years. We know the terrain . ;)

pmaitra

Again, not really. The terrain is mostly flat desert. Our experience in Iraq would be more beneficial. We have been operating in the Sarah for hundreds of years. We know the terrain . ;)
I hope you are correct, and I wish you victory over these Salafists.

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
R they trying to show off rafale's Multirole capability to rest of the world & win orders , similar to what they did in Libya after which rafale gained upper hand on Eurofighter which was more of Air superiority fighter

Rafale is cheap compare to eurofighter as well:thumb:

Hope India signs the MMRCA deal soon don't drag it till 2014 giving election as excuse u nincompoops , think of national security first then go for election:sad::rolleyes:

Neil

Country flag
@ Armand ...:: is it true that UK will be providing or loaning its C17 for only a week....??

Neil

Country flag
US Sending Forces to Aid French in Mali

The US is dispatching backup forces to help the French in their fight against Al Qaeda-linked militants in the west African nation of Mali, reports FOX.
The aid in question will likely include airlift support, aerial refueling, and the sharing of intelligence, according to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, talking to ABC reporters.
The Mali government sought help from France late last week after Islamist rebels, who typically occupy the north of the country, began to advance south. In addition to US aid, the French have likewise been promised help from Britain and Canada, and may soon be assisted by Australia.
"We have traditionally had relationships of burden-sharing when we embark on global security operations," said US State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland. "It speaks to the strength of our allies and our ability to share burden around the world with them."

US Sending Forces to Aid French in Mali

most probably US spec ops....

ice berg

There is something called R2P.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
@ Armand ...:: is it true that UK will be providing or loaning its C17 for only a week....??
I haven't heard that. I can't imagine them withdrawing so soon when the MoD said they would answer logistics requests.

vishwaprasad

Country flag
Re: French operation fails in Somalia

A troll like you dont understand that the only one who can kick out the chinese are the africans themselves.

But keep daydreaming how India kicking out chinese out of Africa though. :taunt:
India does not need to kick China out of Africa...France is enough for them. We have kicked you out of Arunachal Pradesh and its enough for us..

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Currently Deployed Armee de'l Air Fighters

The current unconfirmed Order of Battle
of the French forces in Mali (as of Jan. 16)
is made of:

4x Rafale, 2x C-135FR, 1x A310, 1x
C130, 3x C-160 Transal, 4x Mirage
2000D, 1x CN235 at N'Djamena, Chad

2x Mirage F1CR, 8x Gazelle, 4x
Super Puma at Bamako, Mali

Its quite a bit more than that.... add

3 more tankers, 6 more M2000, another Gazelle squadron, a butt load of transports and 3 Atlantique 2s.

Last edited by a moderator:

cloud_9

Country flag

Our neighbours are also in Mali :pakistan:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag

Our neighbours are also in Mali :pakistan:
WOOOOOOOW pakis are in Mali and they are implementing SHARIAH punishment on the local Blacks (Slaves by Islamic definition)!!

pakis should first implement this Horror of an islamic law in pakistan first!

No doubt US protects pakis for its dirty work.......pakis are like the ugly prostitute who can only work for Uncle Sam!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles