Rafale for SFC

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Su-34 is a great fighter-bomber, but the Rafale has stealth features, has an payload of 9500 kgs on external hardpoints, ability to supercruise, and the French will be using it as their next generation standoff nuke launch platform, it will be carrying ASMP nuclear missile, currently carried by the Mirage 2000Ns and the Super Eterndards, which weighs around 900 kgs.
regardless of stealth any modern ground based air defence system will detect both su-34 and rafael.so it is better to go with su-34 which has larger payload and range.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
You know, I was thinking about a special fleet of fighters for SFC is simply pointless. Bombers don't fit our doctrine while the most likely mode of delivering nukes would be SRBMs for Pakistan and IRBMs for Dragon (unlikely since Chinese are far more sensible of nuke war unlike Pakistan's mulla generals). This is simply a waste of our money.

If they are indeed interested, they should add this money quota to MRCA's share and simply increase the number of jets ordered and DO IT FAST.

p2prada

You know, I was thinking about a special fleet of fighters for SFC is simply pointless. Bombers don't fit our doctrine while the most likely mode of delivering nukes would be SRBMs for Pakistan and IRBMs for Dragon (unlikely since Chinese are far more sensible of nuke war unlike Pakistan's mulla generals). This is simply a waste of our money.

If they are indeed interested, they should add this money quota to MRCA's share and simply increase the number of jets ordered and DO IT FAST.
The reason SFC wants aircraft is because our BMs are unproven. They want proven delivery systems.

Also why Arihant will be a SSGN instead of SSBN.

JayATL

The reason SFC wants aircraft is because our BMs are unproven. They want proven delivery systems.

Also why Arihant will be a SSGN instead of SSBN.

:D You know what--- your reply is a classic example for a need to have a site legend. some of us have no clue about these abbreviations.

Admins should have a legend for those of us who are noobies to the defense lingo. I read the SFC/ BM/SSGN/SSBM and felt so ignorant :(

p2prada

:D You know what--- your reply is a classic example for a need to have a site legend. some of us have no clue about these abbreviations.

Admins should have a legend for those of us who are noobies to the defense lingo. I read the SFC/ BM/SSGN/SSBM and felt so ignorant :(
Ah! I understand. Actually, something of the type was attempted a long time ago. I don't know what happened.

Anyway, SFC= Strategic Forces Command (our local Nukkad agency)
BM = Ballistic Missile

SSGN/BN = Ship, Submersible, Guided, Nuclear/Ballistic, Nuclear. (Submarine nomenclatures)
That means submarines firing cruise missiles(G for guided) or ballistic Missiles(B for ballistic) and with nuclear propulsion(N).

There are a lot more abbreviations(thousands), but creating such a legend will require a lot of time and patience.

sandeepdg

regardless of stealth any modern ground based air defence system will detect both su-34 and rafael.so it is better to go with su-34 which has larger payload and range.
Dude, you keep posting without researching for the facts. The Rafale has a payload of 9500 kgs on external hardpoints, the SU-34 has a payload of 8000 kgs on its external hardpoints. Su-34 has a comabt radius of 1100 kms and a range of 4000 kms. The Rafale has a combat radius of 1800+ kms, and a range of 3700 kms. Plus having the ability to supercruise, its more efficient in fuel consumption, a boon on long missions, and its stealth features provide greater protection against detection by radar.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Dude, you keep posting without researching for the facts. The Rafale has a payload of 9500 kgs on external hardpoints, the SU-34 has a payload of 8000 kgs on its external hardpoints. Su-34 has a comabt radius of 1100 kms and a range of 4000 kms. The Rafale has a combat radius of 1800+ kms, and a range of 3700 kms. Plus having the ability to supercruise, its more efficient in fuel consumption, a boon on long missions, and its stealth features provide greater protection against detection by radar.
who told you that rafael can supercruise or have stealth features.the dassault aviation makes tall claims than the what rafael actually is.few days ago they claimed the rafael to be a fifh gen fighter.the rafael has lost in many mmrca competition worldwide

JayATL

Ah! I understand. Actually, something of the type was attempted a long time ago. I don't know what happened.

Anyway, SFC= Strategic Forces Command (our local Nukkad agency)
BM = Ballistic Missile

SSGN/BN = Ship, Submersible, Guided, Nuclear/Ballistic, Nuclear. (Submarine nomenclatures)
That means submarines firing cruise missiles(G for guided) or ballistic Missiles(B for ballistic) and with nuclear propulsion(N).

There are a lot more abbreviations(thousands), but creating such a legend will require a lot of time and patience.
Thank you! ...for those links and replies

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles