Rafael gets to work on next-generation air-to-air missile

Should india procure this new gen Stunner missile?

• NO. Piss off we are already having MICA IR & Python 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hmm sorry i am a DumbA$$ i dont know anything about missiles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Rafael has for the first time confirmed on record that it is developing a new air-to-air missile.

Roni Potasman, Rafael's executive vice-president for research and development, told Flightglobal that while air forces in Arab countries have lost much of their potential in recent years, the situation may change. "Therefore, we continue to develop advanced air-to-air missiles," he says.

The Python-5, which is operational in the Israeli air force and other air forces, is considered one of the most advanced and agile "fifth-generation" air-to-air weapons. Sources say that based on experience, Rafael is now working on a "very advanced, very surprising missile that will surpass any other air-to-air missile in the world".

So far, the Israeli company confirms only that is developing the "building blocks" for a so-called "sixth-generation" missile. The Stunner round and its dual-sensor detection suite developed for the nation's new David's Sling/Magic Wand rocket interceptor system will provide the basis for any such weapon, along with its so-called "dolphin head" nose section, sources say. The current missile is 4.6m (15ft) long.

The Israeli air force will begin fielding the conventional take-off and landing Lockheed Martin F-35A in 2017, with the combat aircraft to be armed with a variety of advanced air-to-air missiles.
Rafael gets to work on next-generation air-to-air missile

well i think india should get some of these air to air missiles from our jewish friends :D

p2prada

The Stunner is going to be a really good missile.

@pack leader
Any thoughts?

Edit: The poll needs to be corrected, 2nd option. This isn't an IR missile. It has a dual seeker and is a BVR missile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Which missile did the Israeli use while shooting down that Iranian made drone recently? Python-5

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
The Stunner is going to be a really good missile.

@pack leader
Any thoughts?

Edit: The poll needs to be corrected, 2nd option. This isn't an IR missile. It has a dual seeker and is a BVR missile.
true my mistake!!

i hope mod can do something

Last edited by a moderator:

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
One more big news!!

South Africa, Brazil Developing A-Darter SRAAM
There's a new advanced dogfighting missile coming to town, and it won't be coming from any of the standard players. Denel Pty Ltd.'s missile/UAV subsidiary Denel Dynamics has entered into a joint development agreement with Brazil's Ministry of Defence and Forca Aerea Brasileira for the A-Darter short range air-air missile (SRAAM), signed as a government to government agreement via South Africa's Armscor. The original contract was apparently signed in July-August 2006, but the formal cooperation launch was announced at the April 2007 Latin American Aerospace and Defence exhibition in Brazil.

With the SRAAM export market already crowded by high-end products like the AA-11/ R73 Archer (Russia), AIM-9X Sidewinder (USA), AIM-132 ASRAAM (UK), IRIS-T (Germany & European), and Python 4/5 (Israel), one may legitimately wonder where the Agile-Darter's capabilities, design philosophy, and market positioning fit within this array. This article addresses the A-Darter, and those market issues.

for more info plz refer
South Africa, Brazil Developing A-Darter SRAAM

Well i heard in pak forum that pakistan is very much interested in this missile ,may be plans are there to procure it

p2prada

Aim-9X is not in the export market. Aim-9L is.

mayfair

Are they developing this missile in association with India? If not then shouldn't this thread be in the world military section?

pack leader

Professional
stunner is a SAM at the moment our patriot replacement
the seeker with a modified second stage will be air to air missile
it will be so fast and maneuverable that we plan to use it against ballistic missiles after lunch
it will be the f-35 i main air to air missile

p.s A darter is a modified python 4 fairly old tech

mikhail

Country flag
stunner is a SAM at the moment our patriot replacement
the seeker with a modified second stage will be air to air missile
it will be so fast and maneuverable that we plan to use it against ballistic missiles after lunch
it will be the f-35 i main air to air missile

p.s A darter is a modified python 4 fairly old tech
mate can you confirm the news that India has recently made a purchase of python-5 AAM from Israel!actually i read it somewhere but now i can't find that site!thanks in advance.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles