Questionable Pentagon Spending

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
"¢ $300,000 spent by the Air Force Office of Scientific Research to fund Brown University's research into archaeopteryx, the 150-million-year-old early bird, in which the researchers determined the creature likely had black feathers.

"¢ an Office of Naval Research research project that helped spawn Caffeine Zone 2, an iPhone application that tells people how to schedule their coffee breaks.

"¢ $1.5 million to develop a special new roll-up beef jerky, which Mr. Coburn said was funded by taking money out of a weapons program.

"¢ $100,000 for a 2011 workshop on interstellar space travel that included a session entitled "Did Jesus die for Klingons too?" The session probed how Christian theology would apply in the event of the discovery of aliens.

Read more: Pentagon wants to know: 'Did Jesus die for Klingons too?' - Washington Times Pentagon wants to know: 'Did Jesus die for Klingons too?' - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Pentagon wants to know: 'Did Jesus die for Klingons too?' - Washington Times

blank_quest

Country flag
:D I know Jesus Loves but I didn't know that people become insane in Love of Jesus.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
When I was in US, I saw that Department of Energy and Department of Defence were funding Research projects like Cancer which is not their domain. So, anything is possible in US.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
When I was in US, I saw that Department of Energy and Department of Defence were funding Research projects like Cancer which is not their domain. So, anything is possible in US.
When I was with the Defense Nuclear Agency in the 70s, I was aware of research on the question of whether Extremely Low Frequency radiation (ELF) could cause blood cancer in rats and rabbits. ELF was (is) used for communication with submarines, so there was a valid connection between the research and the military mission.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
The DoD is a very important source of funding for medical research, particularly in oncology and radiation oncology.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles