Question to the Chinese members

If there is another Tienanmen Square incident, what will be you stand?

• I will support the movement and actively fight for it

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I will oppose the movement and actively fight against

• I will support the movement but stay at home and watch on TV/Internet

• I will oppose the movement but stay at home and watch on TV/Internet

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Tienanmen Sqaure Incident - what's that?

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I'm not Chinese, just following the poll

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters

trackwhack

So what? Because it came from a certain poster its crap? *shaking head* Fine, i guess nimo was right, you cant really have a serious discussion on Tiananmen on this forum, it was silly to think it was possible. All you want to hear is that, PLA tanks rolled in and blasted away super docile protesters who were sitting down, waving white flags and singing hymns. Fine by me, but it doesn't really change the truth, now does it?
Credibility is the key word.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
So what? Because it came from a certain poster its crap? *shaking head* Fine, i guess nimo was right, you cant really have a serious discussion on Tiananmen on this forum, it was silly to think it was possible. All you want to hear is that, PLA tanks rolled in and blasted away super docile protesters who were sitting down, waving white flags and singing hymns. Fine by me, but it doesn't really change the truth, now does it?

No, that is not what wants to hear.

One just wants to know with facts that disproves the various reports, photographs and videos that are available that does no credit to China!

We want to know if there is any truth in them and with facts as they have proved with facts, video and photos.

J20!

Country flag
Credibility is the key word.
So you're saying he's LYING? That his classmate's weren't there? :

"One of my classmates was there, he and others started attacking the matching army. At first, the army didn't response and just tried to push the protestors back. But after some of soldiers were injured seriously, the whole thing lost control: the soldiers started shooting. My classmate, who was just 15 years old, was sentenced 5 years prison as he and his friends beat one soldier nearly to death."

So this according to you is just fiction, because you want him to say something else?

redragon

Country flag
You want us to speak up, but when we really are doing it, you label us as 50 cents, brainwashed, lying. Democracy my ass, Respecting different voice my ass.

trackwhack

So you're saying he's LYING? That his classmate's weren't there? :

"One of my classmates was there, he and others started attacking the matching army. At first, the army didn't response and just tried to push the protestors back. But after some of soldiers were injured seriously, the whole thing lost control: the soldiers started shooting. My classmate, who was just 15 years old, was sentenced 5 years prison as he and his friends beat one soldier nearly to death."

So this according to you is just fiction, because you want him to say something else?
On face value and having read his past rants, YES, fictional.

You want us to speak up, but when we really are doing it, you label us as 50 cents, brainwashed, lying. Democracy my ass, Respecting different voice my ass.
Stop ranting, there are still only 5 votes. What voice are you talking about?

redragon

Country flag
You just proved that he is right

Your inability to attract more chinese to vote is not my fault, and I thought in democracy every vote counts, every vote represent a voice. it's funny that you are dicounting democracy and I am fighting for it, :rofl:

redragon

Country flag
The voice is saying 80% oppose and 20% support, can't you calculate it? no problem, it took me not even 1 second to do that, I am ok to share the result with you :)

trackwhack

You just proved that he is right

Your inability to attract more chinese to vote is not my fault, and I thought in democracy every vote counts, every vote represent a voice. it's funny that you are dicounting democracy and I am fighting for it, :rofl:
The voice is saying 80% oppose and 20% support, can't you calculate it? no problem, it took me not even 1 second to do that, I am ok to share the result with you :)
----------------------

:sucide:

mylegend

I do believe 2 Indian member voted for the what is that option. The fact is the people come to this forum know about 1962 war, is rare in China. If they know about those neglected issue, then they will know about Tiananmen incident.

noob101

I speak only for myself
My take is that was a hard time for average Chinese, the living standard was far behind that in the western countries and what was worse is some people got rich through nepotism, and Chinese were trained by chairman Mao to oppose any unfair treatment, so they took the street to against the unfairness.
Western countries and certain group in China (especially some groups in Hongkong and Taiwan) realized quickly there was a great opportunity in the incident for them to grab more interests or to achieve their agenda, so they moved quickly by contacting with leaders of students and supplying money and other resources, just like what they did in so many countries. The CCP of course won't allow that happen and because the majority of Chinese did not support the movement, so CCP got things under control successfully.
Every developing country which wants to keep independence will have to go through this stage, China is no exception and that was the moment. Some 200 students/soldiers/civilians killed which is very sad.

However, I do believe CCP was right to take the decisive action. And I support CCP to be the ruling party, given its past record.
Thank you for telling your side of the story, if anyone thinks about it the difference in what RedDragon says and what we in the rest of the world believes is the influence that Taiwan had in the incident. Which is no small difference as that is justification in most Chinese minds for the communist party to do anything.

no smoking

Country flag
Thanks, Trackwhack. You just prove my first post: If any chinese saying anything not fit your opinion, he or she must be lying.

Well, then what voice are you talking about? Indian voice?

Why don't you just add a note in the bottom of your poll:
I prefer answer 1, but answer 3 is acceptable, other don't bother to vote as I know you are brainwashed.

Then you will get the result you want: 100% chinese support for so called "democracy".

no smoking

Country flag

One just wants to know with facts that disproves the various reports, photographs and videos that are available that does no credit to China!

We want to know if there is any truth in them and with facts as they have proved with facts, video and photos.
Well, Ray, you still don't get it!

Both sides were only telling the part of truth that favor their own stance.

No side is better than the other: they all have people's blood on their hand.

For CCP, they can make their compensation by giving economic benefits.

For those democratic activists, they just lost their credity forever, even in overseas chineses.

badguy2000

Respected Member
It's not a mistranslation. the last two characters indeed refer to soya sauce. Perhaps it is some kind of slang.
"打酱油" is a chinese slang, Its oringal mean is " buy soya sauce" .

but now, it usually means " it has nothing to do with me"

pmaitra

^^

So what does it actually mean in this context? Putting everything together, it becomes "I am against street protests because it has nothing to do with me!"

badguy2000

Respected Member
^^

So what does it actually mean in this context? Putting everything together, it becomes "I am against street protests because it has nothing to do with me!"
I am against any street movement..........but if there is any street movement ,I won't do anything,but watch tv at home,because it has nothing to do with me...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Well, Ray, you still don't get it!

Both sides were only telling the part of truth that favor their own stance.

No side is better than the other: they all have people's blood on their hand.

For CCP, they can make their compensation by giving economic benefits.

For those democratic activists, they just lost their credity forever, even in overseas chineses.
That is neither here nor there of an explanation.

I am amazed that you imply that it is fine if one kills people (taking it that people were killed in Tienanmen Square) and money is then given, it absolves all and also the loss of lives!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
^^

It means let others take the rap and if all goes well, I will reap the benefits without putting myself on line!

J20!

Country flag

I'm sorry my Indian friend, but the Tiananmen incident was 23 years ago. There were no phone cameras and everyday YouTube videos like you see in the "Arab Spring", so you really cant ask us to provide "facts, video and photos". Plus, most of us were children at the time. What I know (I lived in Beijing at the time), is what I heard from family members and friends who were involved. I cant give you links and articles, and I cant give you a "detailed report". The thread starter will say I lack "credibility" or that I'm lying.

But what I can say is that I know people who were jailed almost in the same manner as "no smoking" said, as well as an uncle who was severely injured. I dont see how our almost first-hand accounts can be called 'lies" or "propaganda" because its something we remember, not something we were told by the government.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles