Question to the Chinese members

If there is another Tienanmen Square incident, what will be you stand?

• I will support the movement and actively fight for it

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I will oppose the movement and actively fight against

• I will support the movement but stay at home and watch on TV/Internet

• I will oppose the movement but stay at home and watch on TV/Internet

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Tienanmen Sqaure Incident - what's that?

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I'm not Chinese, just following the poll

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters

trackwhack

I'm sorry, but isn't that what "no smoking" gave you? What you called excuses and CCP propaganda? What? It isn't the truth unless its what you BELIEVE is true? Its not our fault you'd rather listen to Western media-based thousands of miles away-and call our accounts of what happened in our own country and in our city "propaganda".
Give us a proper write up and not two paragraphs stating the protesters were thugs and BS like that. If you want to sell a story, we are not buying. The bottom line is most of you lack credibility.

If someone like oHimalaya or Kickock were to give us a writeup (and maybe a detailed one), it would be worth reading. Not that there isn't enough material online written about it already. Its just that there are so many conflicting stries, it is difficult to filter out the bullshit from the truth.

noob101

The result so far: 1 support 4 oppose, so 80% of Chinese oppose according to the poll.Isn't that clear enough?
5 people hardly represent a country larger than 1 billion people, so no you idiot it is not clear enough to me the only way that this pole can be applied to the whole of China is if your on PCP

redragon

Country flag
And 28.7% don't even know about it :wat:.

Just as we are keeping the possibility of 50 centers out of the picture.[/FONT][/COLOR]
2 things:

1, they may not be chinese, so they maybe irrelevent.
2, to be fair we can say there is an equal chance for them to support or oppose, so 50/50. this change the ratio for oppose to 71.42%, that is still clear enough.

Now don't tell me those 2 should be counted as "support", a poll is a poll, let's discuss based on the result, thank you.

And your last sentence are saying this is a very stupid and meaningless poll, :rofl:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The result so far: 1 support 4 oppose, so 80% of Chinese oppose according to the poll.Isn't that clear enough?
Eighty per cent of Chinese on DFI, an infinitesimally small sample of Chinese, and are all Chinese flags on DFI confirmed to be authentic? Not clear at all.

redragon

Country flag
Eighty per cent of Chinese on DFI, an infinitesimally small sample of Chinese, and are all Chinese flags on DFI confirmed to be authentic? Not clear at all.
So you agree as well the poll is meaningless

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
1, they may not be chinese, so they maybe irrelevent.
Not irrelevant, it does provide an insight into the CCP propaganda, if CCP were honest and righteous it wouldn't have concealed it. And the probability of them not being Chinese is not as high as you being a 50 center.

2, to be fair we can say there is an equal chance for them to support or oppose, so 50/50. this change the ratio for oppose to 71.42%, that is still clear enough.
I don't know how you do your Math or how you perceived the poll but that option was specifically included to gather to what extent CCP had gone to conceal information about the massacre.

And your last sentence are saying this is a very stupid and meaningless poll, :rofl:

My last sentence does imply stupidity and meaninglessness but not on part of the poll, if you catch my drift.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Red Dragon,

Forget the poll.

What happened out there?

We are also keen to know the Chinese view of the Tienanmen Square incident.

If some Chinese poster does not tell us what happened, then we all will believe whatever is in the open forum. That may not be the whole truth!

Therefore, it is important for the discerning people to have the Chinese view too, so that one can have a balanced view of the incident.

redragon

Country flag
12-01-12 08:30 PM #62 noob101 View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries Regular Member --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Join Date Dec 2011 Posts 129 Liked 37 times Originally Posted by redragon The result so far: 1 support 4 oppose, so 80% of Chinese oppose according to the poll.Isn't that clear enough?5 people hardly represent a country larger than 1 billion people, so no you idiot it is not clear enough to me the only way that this pole can be applied to the whole of China is if your on PCP

Hey, Dear mod, noob101, calling me ididot, and the post is still there, my question is, is it allowed to do personal attack or name calling in DFI?

redragon

Country flag
Red Dragon,Forget the poll.What happened out there?We are also keen to know the Chinese view of the Tienanmen Square incident.If some Chinese poster does not tell us what happened, then we all will believe whatever is in the open forum. That may not be the whole truth!Therefore, it is important for the discerning people to have the Chinese view too, so that one can have a balanced view of the incident.
I speak only for myself
My take is that was a hard time for average Chinese, the living standard was far behind that in the western countries and what was worse is some people got rich through nepotism, and Chinese were trained by chairman Mao to oppose any unfair treatment, so they took the street to against the unfairness.
Western countries and certain group in China (especially some groups in Hongkong and Taiwan) realized quickly there was a great opportunity in the incident for them to grab more interests or to achieve their agenda, so they moved quickly by contacting with leaders of students and supplying money and other resources, just like what they did in so many countries. The CCP of course won't allow that happen and because the majority of Chinese did not support the movement, so CCP got things under control successfully.
Every developing country which wants to keep independence will have to go through this stage, China is no exception and that was the moment. Some 200 students/soldiers/civilians killed which is very sad.

However, I do believe CCP was right to take the decisive action. And I support CCP to be the ruling party, given its past record.

redragon

Country flag
I cannot confirm that CNN was broadcasting in the summer of 1979.
NOw I can confirm that you were one of those 2 who don't know what is Tiananmen square incident, :rofl:
and this also prove my #1 point is right, your selection on this poll is irrelevent, you are not Chinese.

PS, Something wrong with DFI sys, I tried many times, and failed to post a reply

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am having the same problem.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Report posts if you find them offending.

DFI staff is not your 24/7 support service for Mods to look after everything.

This has been said countless times before & it is unfortunate that I had to repeat it.

redragon

Country flag
Report posts if you find them offending.

DFI staff is not your 24/7 support service for Mods to look after everything.

This has been said countless times before & it is unfortunate that I had to repeat it.
Thank you and as you can see, I did report it publicly.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Red Dragon

I could not attend to the issue earlier since I was having some problems with the browser.

Nrj has given his opinion.

Follow that, please.

It has to be reported since it is not for one Mod to decide.

J20!

Country flag
Give us a proper write up and not two paragraphs stating the protesters were thugs and BS like that. If you want to sell a story, we are not buying. The bottom line is most of you lack credibility.

If someone like oHimalaya or Kickock were to give us a writeup (and maybe a detailed one), it would be worth reading. Not that there isn't enough material online written about it already. Its just that there are so many conflicting stries, it is difficult to filter out the bullshit from the truth.
So what? Because it came from a certain poster its crap? *shaking head* Fine, i guess nimo was right, you cant really have a serious discussion on Tiananmen on this forum, it was silly to think it was possible. All you want to hear is that, PLA tanks rolled in and blasted away super docile protesters who were sitting down, waving white flags and singing hymns. Fine by me, but it doesn't really change the truth, now does it?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles