Question could roma pass as punjabi dalits?

Soul83

One guy told me in punjab dalits are 35% of the population. thats alot. according to genetic studies roma descendt from punjabi sheduled castes.

King of yugoslav gypsy music saban bajramovic

Fazlija (yugo gypsy)

Dzej (another yugo gypsy)

bulgarian gypsy (radoslava female)

ok i think they are represantive

According to the analysis, the initial founding group of Romani likely departed from what is now the Punjab state in northwestern India close to the year 500 CE. From there, they likely traveled through Central Asia and the Middle East but appear to have mingled only moderately with local populations there. The subsequent doorway to Europe seems to have been the Balkan area—specifically Bulgaria—from which the Romani began dispersing around 1,100 CE. https://blogs.scientificamerican.co...traces-gypsies-back-to-ancient-indian-origin/

Soul83

are you talking about chamar and chamari?
im not sure, but i think there are some ethnicites and sub-ethnicites who are considered sheduled castes. some said roma have relation to meghwal. who are found in punjab and pakistan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meghwal
i think there are some of them there. one indian guy on another forum told me the sheduled castes in india are 30% of the population of punjab. is that true?

pmaitra

Hello @Soul83. How have you been? Welcome back.

I don't know much about Roma, but I suppose they could position themselves anywhere if they wished. Most of them could be fairer than an average Indian, and skin tone is a big deal in India. :)

Soul83

Hello @Soul83. How have you been? Welcome back.

I don't know much about Roma, but I suppose they could position themselves anywhere if they wished. Most of them could be fairer than an average Indian, and skin tone is a big deal in India. :)
Thanks. Im well. I was for a bit not online but now Im again back. Thanks for welcoming back.

square

Strategic Issues
according to genetic studies roma descendt from punjabi sheduled castes.
according to genetic studies there are section of people in india descendt from europe...

whats your point ??

Bharat Ek Khoj

Caste system didn't exist 1000 years ago.
And indian constitution doesn't recognize christians caste.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles